test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,589 posts in this topic

Conte better be fucking sacked before midnight England time or else my snippers are on their way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, I love how people think changing managers is the way to solve the problem we have at our club.

Change some people upstairs. Keep Conte/change manager whatever and back him. Keep players who are committed to the cause (Courtois & Hazard, are they committed are they not? Maybe they are but no movement with contracts really says it all) and get rid of the duds like Moses Bakayoko Cahill Zappacosta etc. Spend wisely on some better players. Have back up targets for back ups so we aren’t left short in the market.

5th place isn’t the worst of finishes but for defending champions who just had a similar title defense 2 seasons ago with the same bulk of players more or less I am not surprised one bit that this has occurred again. It was Jose’s fault then and now this season is Conte’s fault... some of these players need to look in the mirror the effort today was shocking. Unsure about the mentality of some of the players too. If we had a Terry, Ballack, Drogba or a Lampard in the side, they’d be telling people what they thought of that today. Hope Conte had a good go at them too.

Fernando, zekinjo and bigbluewillie like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Again, I love how people think changing managers is the way to solve the problem we have at our club.

It won't solve all the problems, but it would be a positive step in the right direction, just like sacking Jose was.

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

 the effort today was shocking. Unsure about the mentality of some of the players too. If we had a Terry, Ballack, Drogba or a Lampard in the side, they’d be telling people what they thought of that today. Hope Conte had a good go at them too.

Lets not pretend those lot weren't partial to these type of games, for the duration of 10/11 and then under AVB, they were churning these type of displays up like they were going out of fashion.

Amblève. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tomo said:

It won't solve all the problems

It won’t solve any. The main problems will remain at the club with their massive paychecks. Simple as.

pHaRaOn and El P. like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

It won’t solve any. The main problems will remain at the club with their massive paychecks. Simple as.

Yes it will, just like it did last time.

Amblève. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:whistling::whistling:

SACKED IN THE MORNING

SACKED IN THE MOOOORNING

YOU'RE GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING!!

:whistling::whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yes it will, just like it did last time.

Then how we ended up in similar situation again? What exactly changed in club' approach after Jose was sacked?

zekinjo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

Then how we ended up in similar situation again? What exactly changed in club' approach after Jose was sacked?

I wouldn't say being 5th is the same as being 16th.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

either you change or sack board members... Conte just have to fukc off... I can't stand a manager so defensive and negative... Suffering without the ball against Newcastle... 

Irakozium257 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much as I think he has to go after the cup final, I just don't see what Sarri or anyone else is going to do with many or our players who seem unmovable in the summer. Bakayoko ain't suddenly going to develop a silky touch and be able to pass like Busquets. He's not going to develop football intelligence in a single summer. And I can't even fathom the club selling him 1 year after buying him for £40m. Drinkwater cost 35 fucking million and unless the club take a massive bath I can't see him being sold right away. 

I have this bad feeling that we'll do just a couple of deals and the club will hope our next manager can suddenly turn our current average lot into title challengers. Like, I'll be very pleasantly surprised if there is more than 1 new player in our best XI on opening day.

Fernando, Laylabelle and zekinjo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

His match interview said it all.

Got video or articles? I did not catch it, thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pizy said:

Much as I think he has to go after the cup final, I just don't see what Sarri or anyone else is going to do with many or our players who seem unmovable in the summer. Bakayoko ain't suddenly going to develop a silky touch and be able to pass like Busquets. He's not going to develop football intelligence in a single summer. And I can't even fathom the club selling him 1 year after buying him for £40m. Drinkwater cost 35 fucking million and unless the club take a massive bath I can't see him being sold right away. 

I have this bad feeling that we'll do just a couple of deals and the club will hope our next manager can suddenly turn our current average lot into title challengers. Like, I'll be very pleasantly surprised if there is more than 1 new player in our best XI on opening day.

That's it!!! We spent money but on crap... Should get a refund as like you say they won't sell them and if do be a cut as they've hardly proven a high price tag. No one pay that much.. Except us 

New manager is in for a tough time... Like everyone we've had so far really. Making magic from sod all

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll even have to think about refreshing some of our players the fans like but simply aren't good enough anymore. The likes of Willian, Cesc, and Pedro. All players I really like but who are/will be 30+ and on the decline. Pedro and Willian are wildly inconsistent and Cesc has somehow become even less mobile than he was when he arrived. None of those 3 should be every match players for a side with title winning ambitions next season.

Then we have players who are straight up average and wouldn't look out of place at a 8th-12th placed side like Cahill, DD, Zappa, Barkley. The club would have to sell off so many just for us to start to get better. 

And while considering all of that we also have to think about Hazard and Courtois going. This summer is going to be insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the annoying thing is you know it was coming! After last season yeah we won the league but t obvious cracks that are more obvious now. From day one it was clear it'd be tough and lo and behold it was. 

Crazy how quick it fell apart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tomo said:

It won't solve all the problems, but it would be a positive step in the right direction, just like sacking Jose was.

Lets not pretend those lot weren't partial to these type of games, for the duration of 10/11 and then under AVB, they were churning these type of displays up like they were going out of fashion.

Perhaps but also you can't say that the likes of Drogba, Cech, Ballack, Terry, Lampard.. these older generation of players were also a lot stronger mentally and had a greater desire to win that helped them get over the line in a lot of games even when playing poorly. Except that year under AVB that was bad.

I look in the squad and yes there are players who have won lots of trophies from their career here and at other clubs and that is not in dispute but I think mentally some of them are a bit soft, when shit gets tough they seem to hide or just think well fuck it as evident from the second season under Jose and this one. Fair enough other shit went on change of managers, speculation of futures and that but it must be a day to day thing for most of these guys anyway considering there always something.

We had to win every game in the last few weeks to try and qualify for the CL, although the odds were against us anyway in terms of the chances of us getting in but could you imagine if we had guys with that sort of mentality that Cech, Drogba, Ballack, Terry, Lampard etc all had we would probably have qualified.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Perhaps but also you can't say that the likes of Drogba, Cech, Ballack, Terry, Lampard.. these older generation of players were also a lot stronger mentally and had a greater desire to win that helped them get over the line in a lot of games even when playing poorly. Except that year under AVB that was bad.

I look in the squad and yes there are players who have won lots of trophies from their career here and at other clubs and that is not in dispute but I think mentally some of them are a bit soft, when shit gets tough they seem to hide or just think well fuck it as evident from the second season under Jose and this one. Fair enough other shit went on change of managers, speculation of futures and that but it must be a day to day thing for most of these guys anyway considering there always something.

We had to win every game in the last few weeks to try and qualify for the CL, although the odds were against us anyway in terms of the chances of us getting in but could you imagine if we had guys with that sort of mentality that Cech, Drogba, Ballack, Terry, Lampard etc all had we would probably have qualified.  

They deserve a portion of the blame for this season, but i can't for 15/16 im sorry, Jose's ran them into the ground to the point of mental exhaustion and you can't give near your best with a poor state of mind no matter how hard you try.

Amblève. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fernando said:

The board that sold Salah, but much rather put the blame on the coach. 

If coach goes, so should those making decisions. 

 

And know he wasn't the talent he is now but could see something was there. Except they buy crap who seem to lack the capability! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.