The Conte Thread

21 hours ago, Tomo said:

I have to disagree with that. Poch took over an even more flawed Spurs side with players like Capoue, Paulinho, Soldado, Adebayor in it but froze out the shit and built around the quality assests to build the side he has, he even managed to make a player out of Danny Rose who was previously the butt of everyone's jokes. With us at a financial disadvantage to City for the forseable future and the likes of Mount, Ampadu and CHO knocking on the first team door a coach like Poch would be the perfect for us, but sadly he'll never come here.

Poch spend one - two years shedding dead weight, and he hasn't won any thropies with spurs.

I have never seen any manager under Roman that last after winning nothing for 3 years. 

3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Anyone fluent in Italian able to translate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't speak Italian but it seems, it were the same 'journos' from this video.

Italian comedians gave a "Conte 1" Utd shirt for Mourinho to sing. He signed it and I guess they wanted the same with Conte but from the looks of it, he didn't want to.

6 hours ago, Polo7 said:

People on here talking about wanting a manager like Poch. Yet they’ll be the first to complain if we don’t win anything for more than a year. 

Was that aimed at me? No i wouldn't as long as the team and squad were evolving well. Personally i would choose a solid 2nd/3rd place finish with good performances for most of the season over any knockout trophy bar the Champions League.

Well even if we appoint Pochettino, I don't think even he will take chances of playing the youth here, because the board members and Abrahimovic will be out for his head when he doesn't win anything. The club is stuck between accepting their current position and still being dreamy about the last decade or so. We are just not the same club financially anymore, if we have to reach somewhere we have to emulate the Spurs or the Atletico model, because we are no longer a financial superpower. I know it's hard to accept, it was for me as well, I was one of the many people wanting Conte out, but I have changed my perception, what the club needs right now is not a new manager, just patience, because managers are no miracle workers, they have to work with what they have, if Conte is given backing by the board, he might as well build a great team from our extremely talented youth team.

40 minutes ago, Henrique said:

According to Conte both Luiz and Bakayoko are injured. I'm the only one who thinks those injuries are pretty suspicious? 

Does it matter? Both are shit and not playing will only improve our overall line up.

1 hour ago, Georgy said:

Does it matter? Both are shit and not playing will only improve our overall line up.

Stop being a dick. Your post was completely useless. I said that I found suspicious both Luiz and Bakayoko who had shocking game against Watford suddenly are injured.