The Conte Thread

11 hours ago, Jason said:

People voiced their support at the Bridge for Scolari, AVB when they were under pressure? Really? Don't recall that. Only Mourinho and Conte has gotten more support than anyone else.

Nobody voiced support for AVB is what I meant, half the shit he got was probably from Chelsea fans

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Nobody voiced support for AVB is what I meant, half the shit he got was probably from Chelsea fans

AVB got no support? When he got sacked fans were widely blaming player power and even disowning Lampard :lol:

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I was at his last game - no negative chants- it's like all these things most vitriol is typed on keyboards

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

If it was up to the fans Conte wouldn't have been appointed in the first place.

Do you mean keep Mourinho ? because I loathe the bloke and couldn't wait for him to leave. I think Chelsea fans have been pretty supportive of the management bar Benitez. AVB was out of his depth you knew he wouldn't be around for long he turned into a David Brent type with his the players must come and celebrate with me when we score. Of all our managers in the last 25 years the one who was sort of respected but would never be loved regardless of what he achieved was Hoddle.

Watching Spurs dominate Juventus in Italy. Conte shows no signs of being able to coach a team to outplay big opponents like this. (Atletico don't count. They are a shit on a stick team who let the opponents play).

Why persist with a manager who shows no ambition? Get rid. ASAP.

On 2/12/2018 at 11:29 AM, Barbara said:

The truth hurts people
Dozens of you said many times that Conte brought the best out of many average players we have, that we overachieved and outperformed and when he says that he's able to do that he's lacking *false* modesty and humbleness *rolls eyes*
Why can't someone admit what they are good at?
I'm tired of those politically correct people. They suck monkey balls, unbearable people who are annoying as hell and looks like a mark of this age, all generations included. I despise politically correct attitude

Right wing recruiters are watching you.

15 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Do you mean keep Mourinho ? because I loathe the bloke and couldn't wait for him to leave. I think Chelsea fans have been pretty supportive of the management bar Benitez. AVB was out of his depth you knew he wouldn't be around for long he turned into a David Brent type with his the players must come and celebrate with me when we score. Of all our managers in the last 25 years the one who was sort of respected but would never be loved regardless of what he achieved was Hoddle.

Even after Mourinho left the overwhelming majority wanted Pep or Simeone, i think 1 person on here called for Conte and got universally laughed at.It was only after the links to him became serious and Juve fans joined Chelsea forums to give us insight on Antonio people came round to the idea.

12 hours ago, Styles said:

Watching Spurs dominate Juventus in Italy. Conte shows no signs of being able to coach a team to outplay big opponents like this. (Atletico don't count. They are a shit on a stick team who let the opponents play).

Not taking away from Spurs's performance but Juve let them play too, their approach after going 2 up was ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Not taking away from Spurs's performance but Juve let them play too, their approach after going 2 up was ridiculous.

Right. Give Poch this squad, it would be a disaster! Dembele, Eriksson, Kane are very good players. Dembele was monstrous. Think Mauricio! Could you do the same thing with Bakayoko, Cahill, Moses, Drinkwater and Pedro?! 

Just now, Supermonkey92 said:

Right. Give Poch this squad, it would be a disaster! Dembele, Eriksson, Kane are very good players. Dembele was monstrous. Think Mauricio! Could you do the same thing with Bakayoko, Cahill, Moses, Drinkwater and Pedro?! 

I have to disagree with that. Poch took over an even more flawed Spurs side with players like Capoue, Paulinho, Soldado, Adebayor in it but froze out the shit and built around the quality assests to build the side he has, he even managed to make a player out of Danny Rose who was previously the butt of everyone's jokes. With us at a financial disadvantage to City for the forseable future and the likes of Mount, Ampadu and CHO knocking on the first team door a coach like Poch would be the perfect for us, but sadly he'll never come here.

I am very curious about new chief scout assignment. I hope the board brings in someone with a good track record of finding talent. While we are dreaming of Pocchetino Leipzig stole his scout. I wish we got him or Dortmund's Mislintat.

Conte or not we have to stop the Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Djiolobodji, Baba Rahman madness. Obviously we will spend less than Manchester clubs because of the stadium. We can only compete if we find better players for cheap.

20 hours ago, Styles said:

LOL are we talking about the game where had things gone exactly as they should spurs would've been down 3-1 at the half? The game in which Juve were without Matuidi, Caudrado and Dybala??

A little perspective please. 

When you have a team of Zappacosta's and Drinkwater's I think its time to temper the expectations of what a manager can do... 

51 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Conte or not we have to stop the Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Djiolobodji, Baba Rahman madness. Obviously we will spend less than Manchester clubs because of the stadium. We can only compete if we find better players for cheap.

This