test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,571 posts in this topic
24 minutes ago, Mana said:

I know they are not robots hence why I said the feelings could spill in to a game or two. The fans were defending Conte for months, including myself. We are angry with this pathetic board. That's why in Jan/Feb while I was disappointed with Conte, it never crossed my mind of getting rid. 

But for 3 months, while damaging the club is not acceptable. He could have just leave. If he left, we could be in a better position than we are now.

He has a job. If this was a sales job and he is not making sales for months he'll be sacked. End of. Doesn't matter if he's angry or not. Conte should know this himself. Mourinho is constantly angry with his players. Yet they are second. I know they also got embarrassed in a lot of games, but we are much worse compared to them.

I agree that Conte can't kick the ball for them and I also know the players played a part of this. See my rants of Morata, Moses, Alonso etc.

But Conte had options. He could have changed formations, could have given our title-winning youth a chance, play Emerson more instead of Alonso....

Conte could have switched things up a little when we were sinking, but failed to do so and continued being stubborn. If we were still losing games but I see Conte trying new things, because the current players keep underperforming, then I wouldn't be so angry with him.

I hear ya. But I cant see much changes now yet we are winning.

I still think most matches are won by the mood of the players. They dont have to be the most skillfull individuals IMO. But make them happy, feel wanted,loved, at home, then the performance changes. They come out buzzing and full of confidence.They want to win.  I know its not easy as that cause everyone would do it. But I think its a big help.

Maybe that part is down to players and manager. Just as Mou lost the changing room. Losing Diego and the possible row with Luiz were both very big personalities in the back room. The lads talk, throw shit about, point fingers. And times a healer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason said:

 

11 days then eh.

I'm sure everyone concerned knows by now tho.

As a betting man I dont mind a flutter but I really dont know if I would put money on him leaving this year or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His position is now untenable, if it wasn't already.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has he waved his arrivederci to the home fans? He is not expected to come to the Bridge again,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like Conte as a human being but that's as far as it goes now. I'm not going to turn on him for not getting us in ghe top four because he did win the league in his first season and he could possibly win the FA Cup in his second. Despite the possibility of two major triumphs within two seasons, I don't like the way we play under him. I am desperate for Sarri to come in now. It's time we as fans were spoiled by sexy football at The Bridge.

eemanyooel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really just don't care anymore. Win the FA cup, or don't. Get UCL place, or don't. Conte stay or go, I don't care. I guess I am 55% for him staying, but that's it.

We are train wreck. From board, to players, and now even to coach. No harmony, no sustainable development. I don't want UCL finish and fuckin cup to cover our problems, we need to fail like this. We need to get what we deserve.

Just shut this season down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DDA said:

I really like Conte as a human being but that's as far as it goes now. I'm not going to turn on him for not getting us in ghe top four because he did win the league in his first season and he could possibly win the FA Cup in his second. Despite the possibility of two major triumphs within two seasons, I don't like the way we play under him. I am desperate for Sarri to come in now. It's time we as fans were spoiled by sexy football at The Bridge.

that's the spirit mate.... I can even forfeit CL football to play attacking attractive football if it will allow the squad to master the artistic styles of play... I m just tired of pragmatic football ..This is 2018 ffs not 2007...

DDA and Sideshow Luiz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

that's the spirit mate.... I can even forfeit CL football to play attacking attractive football if it will allow the squad to master the artistic styles of play... I m just tired of pragmatic football ..This is 2018 ffs not 2007...

There really is no excuse to why we can't get Sarri in now. We have a solid base to work from. Roman needs to get his transfer team working at full compacity this summer and bring in the right players to fit Sarris style. If they get it right on one summer, the future could be extremely fruitful. Not having CL could actually be a blessing in disguise as it would allow the manager to concentrate on implimenting his philosphy. Shame we will have to play Thursday nights.

eemanyooel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DDA said:

There really is no excuse to why we can't get Sarri in now. We have a solid base to work from. Roman needs to get his transfer team working at full compacity this summer and bring in the right players to fit Sarris style. If they get it right on one summer, the future could be extremely fruitful. Not having CL could actually be a blessing in disguise as it would allow the manager to concentrate on implimenting his philosphy. Shame we will have to play Thursday nights.

throw in kids for the Thursday affair and concentrate on the league... in as much proper mastery of the style of play will be implemented... 

DDA likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

throw in kids for the Thursday affair and concentrate on the league... in as much proper mastery of the style of play will be implemented... 

I get your point about concentrating on the league but we can't exactly throw away the Europa League either, unless we somehow run away with the league. It's our back-up of getting into the Champions League.

eemanyooel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we win the FA cup we qualify for UCL right?

Nope. Qualify for EL which we are already qualified for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Skipper said:

Nope. Qualify for EL which we are already qualified for. 

I see.

Oh well another season of no Champions League!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KevinAshburner said:

Wenger Out oh sorry I meant Conte Out

#WengerWasSacked
#ConteIsWorseThanMourinho

Salah, Lukaku, De Bruyne

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.