test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,327 posts in this topic

Dare to say he got the tactics spot on against pool? They couldn't get a sniff, and stopping Salah these days is like stopping Messi himself. One of the grittiest performances of this season, well organized and drawn up to win.

I'm annoyed because we should not have been here. 

He spend a lot of time with his shenanigans that we was not in it. 

And to get to two games with a slim hope of top 4 is really annoying because we should have not been like that. Gave away too many silly points. 

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Dare to say he got the tactics spot on against pool? They couldn't get a sniff, and stopping Salah these days is like stopping Messi himself. One of the grittiest performances of this season, well organized and drawn up to win.

Conte's approach on Sunday wasn't too different to the one we saw against Barcelona or Spurs. Only difference is, no one screwed things up defensively. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

I'm annoyed because we should not have been here. 

He spend a lot of time with his shenanigans that we was not in it. 

And to get to two games with a slim hope of top 4 is really annoying because we should have not been like that. Gave away too many silly points. 

This. Conte credited the players yesterday for making the "mission impossible" of finishing in the top 4 possible after yesterday's win, which is BS from him on so many levels. We were sitting comfortably in the top 4 going into 2018 before going AWOL for 3 months and Conte did nothing to stop the rot earlier. He's now making it as if we have been outside looking in all season and are now trying to sneak into the CL spots in the final week. :rant:

Fernando likes this

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

going into 2018

In January Liverpool got Van Dijk, City got Laporte, United got Sanchez and Conte got 3 injured players.

Conte is not blameless but I am not as surprised as some people that he lost his motivation in January 2018.

2 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

In January Liverpool got Van Dijk, City got Laporte, United got Sanchez and Conte got 3 injured players.

Conte is not blameless but I am not as surprised as some people that he lost his motivation in January 2018.

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

Never mind Jason. I know you think all managers are not criticized enough and underachieving.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Conte's approach on Sunday wasn't too different to the one we saw against Barcelona or Spurs. Only difference is, no one screwed things up defensively. 

Actually we did screw up several times in the game. It was just unlike Spuds and Barca, Liverpool didn't take their chances. They weren't clinical like they usually are. So count ourselves a bit lucky.

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

Actually we did screw up several times in the game. It was just unlike Spuds and Barca, Liverpool didn't take their chances. They weren't clinical like they usually are. So count ourselves a bit lucky.

Counteracts the Anfield game then, which we should have sown up by half time.

Jason likes this

9 hours ago, manpe said:

Probably has alot to do with their players being tired too.

5 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

Never mind Jason. I know you think all managers are not criticized enough and underachieving.

:lol: I'm fine with people defending Conte if they want but using 'loss of motivation' because he couldn't get the players he wanted in January as an excuse for going AWOL for 3 months is laughable. It wasn't the first time he didn't get what he want since joining us. If he could do his job like he's supposed to on previous occasions, why not the same this time? If he couldn't give a toss anymore, then he should have just left rather than jeopardize our season because he decided to throw his toys out of pram like a baby.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

using as an excuse

I didn't say it is an excuse for him but I think it is probably the reason why he lost his motivation.

You get injured players while your rivals get the players you want I am sure you would go to work everyday like this.

BelatedDizzyBluebottle-max-1mb.gif

Unionjack likes this

11 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Why do you think he lost his motivation? I didn't say it is an excuse for him but I think it is probably the reason why he lost his motivation.

You get injured players while your rivals get the players you want I am sure you would go to work everyday like this.

BelatedDizzyBluebottle-max-1mb.gif

But his tactics man, his tactics...

I don't care about him jumping around and smiling all the time. It's his damn tactics in the last 3 months that pissed me the feck off.

5 losses in 7 is relegation level. This is the reason why we are 5th. This is why we were 2nd at one point (even though it was for a few hours) and crashed down below Pool and Spuds.

Conte has no excuses for playing negative ultra defensive football against relegation fodder teams, and letting the team play ZERO football against City.

If we ever somehow get top 4, we got out of jail BIG time. Got the rub of the green. Because we should be out of the race. 

Regardless on what happens anyway, it's clear the board and Conte have problems and him staying is going to make the club worse.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

But his tactics man, his tactics...

You make better decisions when you are happy and motivated. This is a fact.

10 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

You make better decisions when you are happy and motivated. This is a fact.

He is getting paid a lot of money. Shouldn't that be motivation?

If he doesn't like it here, he should had left the club in January instead of continuing to drag the club and fans down with this horrible negativity. The fans did not deserve the performances we saw.

And you shouldn't need to be happy to know Chelsea is in trouble and a sinking ship, and you have been found out tactically. Try something different for goodness sake.

All what he is doing now with all these constant wins? It's on the very edge of too little too late, when he could have prevented this. Now we are on the verge of yet again having no CL football, which can seriously effect our club and our future potential signings.

It's no excuse, I'm sorry.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

It's no excuse, I'm sorry.

I already said it is no excuse so I don't know why you keep repeating this. Conte will be sacked and if we are out of top 4 I hope he does not get any get any money.

I am just looking at the situation from Conte's perspective and I can say most people lose motivation make mistakes consequently and would rather be sacked than decline to get paid millions of pounds. This is real life not some epic fiction book of knights on white horses.

9 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I already said it is no excuse so I don't know why you keep repeating this. Conte will be sacked and if we are out of top 4 I hope he does not get any get any money.

I am just looking at the situation from Conte's perspective and I can say most people lose motivation make mistakes consequently and would rather be sacked than decline to get paid millions of pounds. This is real life not some epic fiction book of knights on white horses.

But you are giving him an excuse, saying most people including Conte lose motivation. Not that I disagree on that, but Conte is supposed to be a professional coach. Put your damn negative feelings aside, finish the job and reap the rewards.

I am sure top managers get angry at the club (or even the players) sometimes, and it could spill in to a game or two, but not for 3 fecking months.

Just now, Mana said:

But you are giving him an excuse, saying most people including Conte lose motivation. Not that I disagree on that, but Conte is supposed to be a professional coach. Put your damn negative feelings aside, finish the job and reap the rewards.

I am sure top managers get angry at the club sometimes, and it could spill in to a game or two, but not for 3 fecking months.

A professional coach not a robot. Putting negative feelings aside is easier said than done. Last January was probably last straw on the camel's back for him.

If I thought it was an excuse for him I would say he deserves another chance. I don't think so.

Unionjack likes this

47 minutes ago, Mana said:

He is getting paid a lot of money. Shouldn't that be motivation?

Doesn't seem enough motivation for Eden when he walks round lost with hands on hips and chin dragging in some games.

All the manager can do is pick a team he rhinks can so a crtain job. He can't kick the ball for them. Thats doen to them when they fuck up/

Nut I agree. These arent spme local pub side. They're millionairs with massive egoes and all that go with it. If SOME of them haven't got a manager blowing smoke up their arses and telling them he loves them they have hissy fits.

1 hour ago, 11Drogba said:

A professional coach not a robot. Putting negative feelings aside is easier said than done. Last January was probably last straw on the camel's back for him.

If I thought it was an excuse for him I would say he deserves another chance. I don't think so.

I know they are not robots hence why I said the feelings could spill in to a game or two. The fans were defending Conte for months, including myself. We are angry with this pathetic board. That's why in Jan/Feb while I was disappointed with Conte, it never crossed my mind of getting rid. 

But for 3 months, while damaging the club is not acceptable. He could have just leave. If he left, we could be in a better position than we are now.

He has a job. If this was a sales job and he is not making sales for months he'll be sacked. End of. Doesn't matter if he's angry or not. Conte should know this himself. Mourinho is constantly angry with his players. Yet they are second. I know they also got embarrassed in a lot of games, but we are much worse compared to them.

53 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Doesn't seem enough motivation for Eden when he walks round lost with hands on hips and chin dragging in some games.

All the manager can do is pick a team he rhinks can so a crtain job. He can't kick the ball for them. Thats doen to them when they fuck up/

Nut I agree. These arent spme local pub side. They're millionairs with massive egoes and all that go with it. If SOME of them haven't got a manager blowing smoke up their arses and telling them he loves them they have hissy fits.

I agree that Conte can't kick the ball for them and I also know the players played a part of this. See my rants of Morata, Moses, Alonso etc.

But Conte had options. He could have changed formations, could have given our title-winning youth a chance, play Emerson more instead of Alonso....

Conte could have switched things up a little when we were sinking, but failed to do so and continued being stubborn. If we were still losing games but I see Conte trying new things, because the current players keep underperforming, then I wouldn't be so angry with him.