test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,571 posts in this topic
On 4/25/2018 at 1:42 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

I know where your coming from but isn't that a worry that he can go months on end looking like he doesn't care and then in the last few weeks appear to be back to his normal self. 

Does this not look like some sort of healing between the board and Conte?

Unionjack likes this

On 4/23/2018 at 2:01 AM, Laylabelle said:

He was really animated again today. Beard looked shit but that aside. 

let him keep the beard, it must be some kind of lucky charm, because its working 👀💪

2 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Does this not look like some sort of healing between the board and Conte?

Could be Willie but I think it's a case of too little too late.

bigbluewillie likes this

14 hours ago, Jason said:

:lol: 

He's not wrong. The biggest problem is that we had a player last season that was a 20 goal a season striker and Conte didn't want him.

Sometimes the best players are the hardest to handle and manage and at times you just have to accept that, which Conte wasn't willing to do. If Costa was here this season, playing at the level he was last season in my opinion we'd be comfortably in the top 4 and possibly sitting in 2nd place. 

bigbluewillie and Fernando like this

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

He's not wrong. The biggest problem is that we had a player last season that was a 20 goal a season striker and Conte didn't want him.

He's not wrong but Conte himself isn't blameless. Who's the one constantly plays down the squad quality, demoralizes the players? Who's the one always sets the team up so defensively, even when facing a defeat? Who's the one decided to play False 9 in games when we have a striker available? 

Plus, it's worth noting that only TWO players have scored more than 20 goals per season and only TWICE that has happened under Conte - Tevez for Juventus in 2013/14 and Costa for us last season. Sure, we should be more clinical with our chances but Conte himself should also look at his own pragmatic, defensive tactics that's holding the team back from doing more offensively.

Stats and Johnnyeye like this

Great strikers are hard to find these days. I think we should upgrade Willian and Pedro, that's easier to do than finding another Kane.

Fernando likes this

After the relatively positive football against Southampton, he reverted back to type against Swansea. Pathetic. If we play like we did against Swansea, if we play like that against Liverpool we'll get blown off the pitch

bakayokofan and Johnnyeye like this

33 minutes ago, Mana said:

By next weekend, all our PL records will be broken. I hate City :(

and all broken in one season, man fuck City :middlefinger:, i know it hurts, but they are simply better than everyone in the league at the moment, it just shows how shit the other rivals have been this season.

33 minutes ago, Mana said:

By next weekend, all our PL records will be broken. I hate City :(

Except one.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes. I highly doubt that will ever be broken.

i hope so, man how times have changed, that 2004/2005 season will long live in my memory: Cech, Cudicini, Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry, Huth, Gallas, Bridge, Makelele, Lampard, Tiago, Smertin, Gudjohnsen, Duff,  Robben, Joe Cole, Drogba :clap:what a fucking team back then, im so happy to have witnessed it

Unionjack and Laylabelle like this

4 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

Great strikers are hard to find these days. I think we should upgrade Willian and Pedro, that's easier to do than finding another Kane.

Hes only scored 6 this season.

I loved the guy but we dont know what went on behind closed doors. Hes obviously a headstrong,diva like,strange character. And he  didn't just have 1 meltdown did he. And he wasn't a goal machine. He went many weeks between goals without counting the injury. Have to remember how some here were moaning about him. I'd have kicked his arse too if I was Conte.

6 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Has everyone forgotten how Costa tried to force a move during January??? People talking like Costa banged in 20 goals and then Conte said fuck off.

Given the transfer ban at Leti, it's not beyond the realms of possibility we could have had him for one final season.

24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Given the transfer ban at Leti, it's not beyond the realms of possibility we could have had him for one final season.

One season or half a season? Their transfer ban ended in January.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Hes only scored 6 this season.

There are a few reasons why he scored only 6 goals this season.

1. He's playing only from January.
2. He's not a lone forward and also not a main source of goals in Simeone' team. Just look how hugely Griezmann benefited from Costa' partnership: 13 goals in 29 games without him and 14 goals in 15 games with him.

Still, Costa score/assist every 128.6 minutes this season after more than 7 months without playing. He would have scored ~20 goals this season again if he stayed here. We create chances but can't finish them.

On 4/29/2018 at 8:54 AM, Polo7 said:

Has everyone forgotten how Costa tried to force a move during January??? People talking like Costa banged in 20 goals and then Conte said fuck off.

Wait....isn't that exactly what happened?

haven't forgotten what happened in Jan though

Sideshow Luiz likes this