The Conte Thread

16 hours ago, primax79 said:

Sarri worked as international bank trader in a London and Luxemburg before quitting the bank job to follow his passion I don't think that the language or the life change are problems

I only hope that he will teach football in my Napoli as long as possible but I know that in some year he'll move to Spain or England

Inviato dal mio SM-G920F utilizzando Tapatalk

i say a wrong thing sorry 

in any case if players are disappointed for the hard work under conte  it will be the same or even worse under sarri 

39 minutes ago, Mana said:

Luiz didn't play against Bournemouth. So it's not down to David Luiz. It's down to Baka (and Cahill).

It's a whole team issue including a manager who's completely lost the faith of the players.

10 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

You can only succeed with average players for so long. At some point every top team needs top signings that rejuvenate a squad and a manager. Giroud is uninspiring. Emerson is uninspiring. These would have been good signings if they were along with a marquee player, but not by themselves. When was the last time we signed a 'marquee' attacking player? Hazard is probably the last one. 

I'm not saying Conte doesn't deserve any blame at all. But the lack of quality in this squad is genuinely shocking and this hasn't been addressed at all in the past 3 years. 2 league title wins were papers over the cracks that are the lack of overall quality in the squad. Conte knows we need more world class players, I only wonder how bad things need to get for this club till the board does as well...

Well, Diego Costa is a world-class player, he was a key contributor to us winning the title, ... and he was sacked by Conte.  Not by the board.

Why does Roman likes the board more then manager? 

I think it would be different if he had competent people. Why doesn't he go for ex players that are very savvy like Lampard? 

Juventus had the same issue and then restructured their board. 

Apparently Conte will leave/be sacked end of season and is likely to get Real Madrid job, where he wants to bring Thibaut Courtois, Cesar Azplicueta and Eden Hazard. Jesus christ. Fucked either way. 

Also Maria offered to resign but Roman said no? More fecking money than sense. Get her sacked. Get football people in/give the manager full say. Simple as that. 

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Apparently Conte will leave/be sacked end of season and is likely to get Real Madrid job, where he wants to bring Thibaut Courtois, Cesar Azplicueta and Eden Hazard. Jesus christ. Fucked either way. 

hmm let's see, Real will need to cough up some serious money in order to take those 3 players, each hazard leg is worth 100 million, Azpi in today's market easily worth 100 million, ( Van Dyke worth 75 million pounds? yeah right ) and Courtois no less than 100 million. Real can fuck off either way, we are not a super market.

25 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Also Maria offered to resign but Roman said no? More fecking money than sense. Get her sacked. Get football people in/give the manager full say. Simple as that. 

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH

14 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Even the thought of him getting sacked is disgusting. 

You can only succeed with average players for so long. At some point every top team needs top signings that rejuvenate a squad and a manager. Giroud is uninspiring. Emerson is uninspiring. These would have been good signings if they were along with a marquee player, but not by themselves. When was the last time we signed a 'marquee' attacking player? Hazard is probably the last one. 

I'm not saying Conte doesn't deserve any blame at all. But the lack of quality in this squad is genuinely shocking and this hasn't been addressed at all in the past 3 years. 2 league title wins were papers over the cracks that are the lack of overall quality in the squad. Conte knows we need more world class players, I only wonder how bad things need to get for this club till the board does as well...

Mate, those numbers are misleading. Conte only have one full season as manager, a season where he won the Premier League. Give him more years and those numbers will drop. Actually, just wait until the end of this season and those numbers will drop. People may have their own opinion about Conte, but its dishonest to use those stats to support your point of view. According tho win/rate stats, Scolari, Roberto Mancini and Pellegrini are in the top 10 managers in PL story and Avran Grant is Top 3, ahead SAF and only behind Guardiola and Conte.

Its like that "Chelsea just sacked a manager that just won the Champions League" thing. I still read things like that once in a while, but people just forget to mention that RDM is not a top manager, and never had decent success after he was sacked.

If Conte is fired the media will come up with this bullshit and keep the circlejerk going: "Chelsea just fired the manager with the best win rate in the history of Premier League", and won't even mention that he was the same manager who decide the best CF of the Premier League wasn't good enough and decided to replace him with Lukaku or Morata, the same manager that conceded 7 goals against Bournemouth and Watford and the same manager that will play with 3CB even if the opposition is the worst team in the League and the game is at SB.

When RDM was fired the talk in the media was "Chelsea sacked a Champions League winner", but never mentioned he was the first managed to not even reach the knockout stage of CL with the current CL winner.

27 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

hmm let's see, Real will need to cough up some serious money in order to take those 3 players, each hazard leg is worth 100 million, Azpi in today's market easily worth 100 million, ( Van Dyke worth 75 million pounds? yeah right ) and Courtois no less than 100 million. Real can fuck off either way, we are not a super market.

Courtois and Hazard's contracts are running down. Gives Real an advantage especially if those players state they want to leave and hand transfer requests in do you think the club is going to keep them? Puts us in a weaker position unless they sign huge deals with big buy out clauses. 

13 minutes ago, Henrique said:

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Tbf Zidane is a goner in the summer I think. Its Spanish media that are reporting the whole Conte-Real story along with the 3 players so unsure whether its accurate or not but regardless Conte will walk into a job somewhere in the summer if he leaves here ie. Real. PSG. Italy. AC Milan. No doubt about it. Where as we will get a mediocre coach, like Allegri, Tuchel or Jardim (not superior coaches to Conte) because lets be honest, realistically somebody like Luis Enrique isn't going to come here and accept getting stuck with players signed who are on the same level as Bakayoko. Still have reserves about even taking Ancelotti back too, unsure whether reappointing him would be a move in the right direction. 

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Courtois and Hazard's contracts are running down. Gives Real an advantage especially if those players state they want to leave and hand transfer requests in do you think the club is going to keep them? Puts us in a weaker position unless they sign huge deals with big buy out clauses. 

player+cash deal, we can shop in Madrid too

30 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

I can't put into words how hilariously ridiculous sacking Conte in favour of Enrique would be ffs

"How hilariously ridiculous sacking Mourinho in favor of Conte would be ffs".

Talk Chelsea 2 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Henrique said:

"How hilariously ridiculous sacking Mourinho in favor of Conte would be ffs".

Talk Chelsea 2 years ago.

Not me, though. I had wanted Mourinho gone for almost 2 months before the club actually sacked him.

25 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf Zidane is a goner in the summer I think. Its Spanish media that are reporting the whole Conte-Real story along with the 3 players so unsure whether its accurate or not but regardless Conte will walk into a job somewhere in the summer if he leaves here ie. Real. PSG. Italy. AC Milan. No doubt about it. Where as we will get a mediocre coach, like Allegri, Tuchel or Jardim (not superior coaches to Conte) because lets be honest, realistically somebody like Luis Enrique isn't going to come here and accept getting stuck with players signed who are on the same level as Bakayoko. Still have reserves about even taking Ancelotti back too, unsure whether reappointing him would be a move in the right direction. 

Mate, Conte is not the kind of manager Real Madrid will look for. He doesn't even have the "Champions League winner" brand over him. The last thing Real Madrid want is a manager using 3CB in a game against Rayo Vallecano at Santiago Bernabeu AND a manager that is not afraid of complaining in the press about the lack of control on the transfer window.

8 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Mate, Conte is not the kind of manager Real Madrid will look for. He doesn't even have the "Champions League winner" brand over him. The last thing Real Madrid want is a manager using 3CB in a game against Rayo Vallecano at Santiago Bernabeu AND a manager that is not afraid of complaining in the press about the lack of control on the transfer window.

Conte will probably start how he starts with most of his team'. 424