The Conte Thread

I don't know if sacking him would be the right thing to do now, but something definitely needs to happen. The club has to do or at least say something.

It's not even about the current results, but about the perspective. The tension is clear, everyone can feel it. Clear the air or change the manager. 

1 minute ago, Cosmin said:

I don't know if sacking him would be the right thing to do now, but something definitely needs to happen. The club has to do or at least say something.

It's not even about the current results, but about the perspective. The tension is clear, everyone can feel it. Clear the air or change the manager. 

Conte says to press an important thing 

"only at chelsea journalists believe that the role of manager can be discussed by players" 

The board after last pathetic transfert session has to move in conte's direction and take position about the respect of roles. Players can not sack a manager 

like it has happened with mourinho. That's a bad habit they have and they must be stopped

3 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

Players can not sack a manager 

like it has happened with mourinho. That's a bad habit they have and they must be stopped

Couldn't agree more, but that's a very difficult thing to do. It would involve a complete change of mentality and even getting rid of a lot of players, specially from the "old guard". 

Between this and sacking the manager, it's quite obvious what the board will go for... 

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

We're in a much more precarious position than in previous times in my opinion. I agree with the comments regarding Conte last night. His reaction to Hazard's goal was the biggest indicator to me. Last season he would have been barking at the players, encouraging them to stick in there and wildly celebrating that goal. To have no emotion in that moment speaks volumes.

The bigger issue is who is he replaced with because I don't see a stand out option available. I'm not sold on Luis Enrique who had arguably the most potent attack in club football history at his disposal alongside a number of world class players and proven winners across the team at Barca.

Can you post his reaction please? Missed his reaction.

we need to break away from sacking coaches nearly every time we have a bad spell. it adds extra tension and puts us under more pressure than other teams have to face.also we don`t have any leaders in our team other than possibly Azpi and he`s more of a lead by example rather than a JT,Wise,Gullit,Desailly,Cech,Drogba,Ballack kind of leader.. having those types in the past made regular managerial changes not as bad as they could have been. but really..it`s like we building up to a divorce between Roman/the board of yes men v Conte..the team are the messed up kids trying to deal with the fact that mummy doesn`t love daddy any more.

it seems inevitable now that there is going to be a break up soon..only positive is there are a few more capable coaches as free agents than there usually are..i believe Conte with the right support is a better coach than all of those but without he`s not and a lesser head coach with the right amount of support would probably be better than this situation we have. really we should be beating the likes of Watford,Burnley,Bournemouth without needing any input from our head coach,we should have enough in leadership,talent and drive to smack those teams about but we don`t.

17 hours ago, Mana said:

I hate this fecking rollercoaster Chelsea keeps putting themselves in.

I like Conte, but starting Bakayoko tonight reminds me with Mourinho. If we lose the match tonight, IMO it's a sackable offense, especially when you add the 3-0 defeat to Bournemouth.

He has fecking Giroud available on the bench and didn't pick him. I'm just puzzled and angry.

Tbh mate whilst bakayoko was on the field as bad as he was / is we where still in the game (a bit). Cesc come on and we conceded 3 goals. Conte is partly to blame but if we had started kante and cesc and lost 4-1 then all ppl say is cesc cant play in a midfield 2. Am ashamed of the players overall tbh yes we cant match city but still.... show some heart desire anything, what I saw out there the last 2 games is nothing short of robbery robbing the fans of my we pay to watch the game live or on tele and robbing the club of wages. Sunday league is more entertaining and play more exciting football than us atm.

BBC (Simon Stone) now reporting Conte will stay in charge, at least for now.

A sacking was not disscused in the wake of recent results, mainly because we're still in 2 competitions and in top 4, like almost everyone predicted it's the mainly reason.

So, I guess a trashing by Barca may get him sack eventually?