The Conte Thread

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Nothing will change at this club until the board change, and if they don't change this is exactly how it will remain.

also nothing will change if managers keep wasting resources and being tactically inflexible

We're in a much more precarious position than in previous times in my opinion. I agree with the comments regarding Conte last night. His reaction to Hazard's goal was the biggest indicator to me. Last season he would have been barking at the players, encouraging them to stick in there and wildly celebrating that goal. To have no emotion in that moment speaks volumes.

The bigger issue is who is he replaced with because I don't see a stand out option available. I'm not sold on Luis Enrique who had arguably the most potent attack in club football history at his disposal alongside a number of world class players and proven winners across the team at Barca.

To wake up and find out he's not gone yet is a huge blow for me. I supported him ardently in the beginning when the conflict between him and the board arose, but come on!! He's finished mentally and emotionally and doesn't want to be here.

I think he's a coward who blatantly wants to be fired, who wants to go as the martyr/victim, not taking any true blame along the way. I hate him so much for how he's infected this demoralising apathy in the players. His tactics and man-management are filled with stagnation and all in all, for me, he will be remember as a piece of sh*t for taking the club's honor into oblivion. I really, really hope he GTFO before WBA. Sad, impotent wasteman.

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

this has to be a joke 😠 after that performance they should be giving an extra day off training 

It's like

"See, even after a horrible result, I'm not trying to improve the situation.

P.S Please, sack me already."

Hope the Board and Conte put their shit behind, resolve the current situation and start with winning ways. 

The board needs to listen to their manager and give them a free hand else it doesnt matter who we bring in ... it will be the same after every successful year we have.

Conte can easily get a job at an elite club however Chelsea finding an elite manager is looking blink with every passing season. 

17 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

Well, it looks like he'll be given a permanent rest soon.

For starters, it looks like a decent idea ... it gives time for everyone to introspect and clear their minds while in the meantime the board will have a decision made. Rushing into intensive training after a bad defeat further demoralizes players.  

27 minutes ago, Irakozium257 said:

To wake up and find out he's not gone yet is a huge blow for me. I supported him ardently in the beginning when the conflict between him and the board arose, but come on!! He's finished mentally and emotionally and doesn't want to be here.

I think he's a coward who blatantly wants to be fired, who wants to go as the martyr/victim, not taking any true blame along the way. I hate him so much for how he's infected this demoralising apathy in the players. His tactics and man-management are filled with stagnation and all in all, for me, he will be remember as a piece of sh*t for taking the club's honor into oblivion. I really, really hope he GTFO before WBA. Sad, impotent wasteman.

I think that would suit Scolari and Mourinho 2.0 not Conte.

People quickly forget how Conte made us a team that often enough creates chances until the very last minute regardless of the scorline.

Well since Roman doesn't seem to do "knee-jerk", sudden change-of-heart moves anymore, then I don't think Conte will be sacked soon. From Simon Stone (BBC): http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/42957143

On Monday afternoon, I was told very forcibly that stories Antonio Conte would lose his job if Chelsea lost at Watford last night were nonsense.

It was pointed out Chelsea were still in the top four, remained in the Champions League and were in the last-16 of the FA Cup.

Yet such is the knee-jerk nature of decisions owner Roman Abramovich is capable of making that it cannot be ruled out what was certain 24 hours ago is now hanging by the slenderest of threads.

Luis Felipe Scolari, Carlo Ancelotti, Andre Villas-Boas, Jose Mourinho. Abramovich has never been scared to take decisive action.

The one thing we can be sure of is the Chelsea owner will not be putting himself forward to explain his thinking.

'Opta tell us at 70.3%, Antonio Conte has the joint-best win rate of any manager in Premier League history (minimum five games), level with Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola.'

Add that to your crack pipes & smoke it.