test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

4,621 posts in this topic

Come to think of it, what's with the early announcement, it's very un-Chelsea :Goober:

It's as if Roman made a bet with Jose, that he could double sign manager before Jose get any job.

Imagine the absolute meltdowns and slanderous "fraud" articles that will pop up if Italy crash out early. :D

"Conte will never be able to compete in the PL! He'll be totally out coached." Lot of good that great World Cup placing has done LvG. Hopefully the majority of our supporters realize that what someone does with a national team doesn't necessarily correlate with club work. We've witnessed it with Guus and Ranieri who were shocking in one facet and great in the other.

The Skipper, bellion and 11Drogba like this

3 hours ago, Essien19 said:

Di Matteo fucked up in the UCL in the second season, maybe the most important competition for big Rom.
In my view that shows how quickly game over can become a reality for the Chelsea manager.
The same applies for Avb and second place wasn't good enough for Ancelotti to keep his job.
Mourinho got away with a trophyless season, but that's Mou.
I think Rom is still ruthless, but these days you have to do it with less money, Chelsea job has become one of the most difficult around.

Anyway, Conte seems to be up for it, he doesn't take shit from anyone, will be interesting to watch from distance.

Mourinho kind of strengthens the point, he had to literally do as bad he did this season to be sacked, if we was as "high" as 10th he would still be here, because of his track track record Roman didn't pull the plug until there was literally no choice.

AVB was another Roman wanted to give time to, he didn't even want to sack him and, like with Jose, didn't until there was no other option, 10/11 was such a shit season (despite finishing second) and it was clear AVB would have got time if he say finished 3rd and showed positive signs in a good direction, but he didn't.

Carlo, although I would have at the time given him a last year to redeem himself, he fucked up that year, if there was ever a team in a false league position it was us in 10/11, the opening five games when we were still on a title rebound inflated the stats and made that season look better than it was, we are still feeling the effects of that season to this day. While I wanted him to stay at the time in hindsight I'm glad he went, he makes Rafa look flexible in terms of changing things from the bench, did he ever change a game with his subs once for us or even an in game tactical switch for that matter? I mean even Grant had his famous Belletti and Anelka moment vs Arsenal. 

I honestly believe a season or two without silverware will be accepted if progress is being made, for argument sake next season back in top four with a clear style and blueprint and season two get mid to high 80s but narrowly lose to City, can you see him losing his job? I can't.

I just read the news about his signing and it makes me really happy.

Have a good trainer is a basic piece for a good project.

Welcome to Chelsea Antonio. I hope to celebrate many titles with you.

tumblr_mzb3zaLqCs1s6hgjio1_400.gif

8 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

We just appointed a new manager, and this thread is still on the first page?

Have people bailed already?:lol:

Actually he is head coach, instead of manager. The club is making it pretty clear how things work.

Beigl likes this

I think this one will last. I'm happy he's coming.

It's time for change at Chelsea FC. I think the intentions were there with Mourinho coming back, but the squad wasn't good enough back-to-front and Mourinho was arguably not cut out for managing a club that desires to play for more than just the immediate and wishes to play some high tempo passing build-up play.

Conte will get some signings, but I'm hoping that, like a good italian, he'll be building from the back and the middle of the park with his selections. Personally, it doesn't bother me that the manager may have limited control over signings at Chelsea; the main thing is that we get more quality and depth from back, to middle, to front.

why the hell Oscar and Mikel might last any longer in London is beyond me... but I'm hopeful.

Welcome, Antonio!

Actually he is head coach, instead of manager. The club is making it pretty clear how things work.

That means there will be more Djilobodjis and more Hectors. Hooray!

bellion and BlueLion. like this

Cap this post.

Conte will keep Terry. Because after all the fat is trimmed, Chelsea will still need a leader with passion and experience and JT is the only man fit for the job.

20 minutes ago, Spike said:

Cap this post.

Conte will keep Terry. Because after all the fat is trimmed, Chelsea will still need a leader with passion and experience and JT is the only man fit for the job.

As angry as I was when we initially heard about JT potentially leaving, the more I've thought about it and how Conte needs his defenders to play I'm just not sure he fits. That is unless we play in a 4-3-3 or stick with the same tired 4-2-3-1 we've been playing.

If we shield him from midfield with a couple of beats then it could work I guess. Keeping him would also mean there's no top class CB signing, right? Unless Conte has the balls to keep him or Ivanovic on the bench for the majority of the time.

Out by Christmas, due to 'palpable dischord' but it'll be the fault of the individual.

Not the fifty agents buzzing in Roman's ear, not the chancers on the board he employs to run the club, not the 100 odd players we've got on our books or anyone else, definitely not

Time to move on....