test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,779 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

He may have the track record but is he capable of turning the current situation around? Is he motivated to do so? The signs are pointing to 'NO'. So, why persist with him? Even you said he's been poor this season. If he has been trying different things out to change our form, to improve our results but to no avail, then think we as fans might still be patient with him. But he's not. He keeps on doing the same things that haven't worked much this season and expect different results. He's become so rigid, stubborn and disconnected. Was still doing OK till December, despite some inconsistencies and problems but everything suddenly went south the second we hit 2018. 

Oh i agree, i just believe that's possibly Roman's thinking and because of that he will probably see the season out and maybe even get a 3rd (is Conte stubbornly refusing to walk away from a payout and Roman stubbornly refusing to give him one really out of the question?). I think what this also shows is what i have suspected all along and that Roman isn't this impulsive trigger happy lunatic he's made out to be, he just won't give time to people who haven't earned it (be it either track record or showing positive signs despite average results).

he is not going to psg 

the season is not ended. there are some objectives that can be achieved:  CL placement /  CL quarter finals / FA Cup 

Yeah that is not shocking for me to see him go over there. 

I think he will win the CL with PSG. 

They are a more ambitious clubs. 

Representatives from PSG have already met with Conte's brother Gianluca about a potential switch to the French capital

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/paris-saint-germain-meet-chelsea-12151806

Do we not get compensation from psg if psg approach him if Conte still Chelsea manager till end off the season ?? I hope Conte can go out in a high by helping us win the FA Cup this season

Fernando likes this

On 3/7/2018 at 2:28 AM, bigbluewillie said:

Thing is bud he don't want to stay.

And he's on borrowed time with the board.

And the players are never going to try for him, patently obvious Sunday.

I wouldn't go that far yet...the players seemed to stick their one task which was just to nullify City's attack, and were mostly successful barring that one mistake from Alonso. 

4 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I wouldn't go that far yet...the players seemed to stick their one task which was just to nullify City's attack, and were mostly successful barring that one mistake from Alonso. 

Sticking to the task is one thing but not putting in the energy and intensity in the performance is another. 

bigbluewillie likes this

20 hours ago, Jason said:

Sticking to the task is one thing but not putting in the energy and intensity in the performance is another. 

Yeah that's true...was just stating that it did not look like an outright mutiny 

He was decent in the clash against Barcelona...but we were facing Barcelona so early in knockout stage because of poor performances against Roma in group stage.

Not to mention the team is now 5th in PL table and with few hope of playing UCL next season, this combined with some of the most embarrassing performances Chelsea produced in years, and with the fact he asked our most important player to leave and replaced him with a guy that watched both games against Barcelona from the bench is more than enough to fire him as soon as possible.

Conte is no more than an ordinary manager. His has a mediocre CV, and there is nothing special in his career so far that can justify giving him one more year. He won things with Juventus in Italy, yes, but winning things with Juventus in Italy in recent years became easier than winning things with Barcelona in Spain. He did a good job with Italy in Euro 16, yes, but winning things at International level (he didn't even win by the way) don't prove anything about what a manager can do at club level.

Time to go Conte. Thanks for the Premier League last season, but its time to move on.

Styles likes this

Didn't get it to wrong tonight. Majority of the team turned up and if not for some dodgy moments was a chance for job done. Unfortunately job shouldve been done in the groups. Then again even then still couldve lost to whoever 

Get this fraud out of the club. Watch him try and spin a 3-0 loss to something positive. Ever since he decided to be a coward vs City and not even play he seemed to lose half of the dressing room.