test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,649 posts in this topic
5 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

He has been playing out of position, he isn't tall enough to perfectly fix our strikers issues. I was talking about individuals in our current squad in general. The ones who we clearly struggle without. 

Okay I get you now. Yeah fair enough still think he should get as much flack as anybody (well not as much as Baka Luiz Cahill but the rest yeah) but remains to be seen.

Azpinator likes this

I laughed my ASS off when Cech made that error against Swansea and enjoyed the game. Bit me in the ass HARD the next day after getting battered to Bournemouth.

Enjoyed the drama and laughed at Klopp's face yesterday after losing 3 points in the dying seconds. Bit me in the ass HARD the next day after getting battered by Watford.

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

The media is going to talk about Chelsea and Conte all week long now. "What's next for Chelsea Football Club?" "Is Conte on the verge of sacking?" Yadda yadda yadda.

And fecking Klopp gets away with this media attention when he still failed to win anything with Liverpool.

To be honest? We don't even deserve to be ahead of Arsenal. 6th place is where we should be, and I'm shocked we are still in the top 4. HOW.

Klopp gets away with it because Liverpool’s expectations are lower than ours and they almost certainly will have been from the start of the season. We won the league, 7 months later possibly sack that manager, sitting 10+ points behind City and maybe not even get CL football depending how it goes, absolute disaster almost 2 years after the last time we did this. Liverpool finished top 4. Which is a huge success for them.

Regardless no point deflecting our short comings at another club.

Our players, management, board... somethings not been right since the summer (well boards not been right for years)  

1 minute ago, Mana said:

And fecking Klopp gets away with this media attention when he still failed to win anything with Liverpool.

You gives a fuck about him ?. We have just lost to the might of Bournemouth and Watford and we look shambolic forget about other teams and their success or lack of it.

OneMoSalah likes this

7 minutes ago, Mana said:

The media is going to talk about Chelsea and Conte all week long now. "What's next for Chelsea Football Club?" "Is Conte on the verge of sacking?" Yadda yadda yadda.

To be honest? We don't even deserve to be ahead of Arsenal. 6th place is where we should be, and I'm shocked we are still in the top 4. HOW.

Because Klopp is giving no indications he's unhappy, quite the opposite in fact. If he started taking repeated shots at Fenway Sports group, refused to sign an extension, had previous with rage quitting and look a ghost off his former self, he would attract those type of headlines too.

Mana likes this

46 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Fully agree. The team is just so negative and it's been clear all season that Hazard at F9 just doesn't work. Why not just start a more positive team when we're conceding and leaking goals with such a defensive set up anyway? Conte's being a crazy coward.

Switch it up or something Conte. Would love seeing something like this in the near future but it just won't happen:

Courtois
Azpilicueta Christensen Rüdiger Emerson
Kanté 
Barkley Willian
Hazard Morata Hudson-Odoi

Not an amazing team obviously but it's refreshing, it's something different. Tired of this regurgitated nonsense man.

Change ampadu with  Willy and we are ok! 

Can we have Willy back in goal please? Courtois doesn't look ready and shipped 7 goals since his return.

(To be fair, most goals aren't his fault entirely)

He's still around?

I usually hate it when people start analyzing a player's or manager's body language but bloody hell, Conte's was absolutely bad yesterday. So obvious that he doesn't want to be around and wants to be put out of his misery. He even sat down during the match FFS! I recall him saying like if he sits down during a game, it means he's lost his passion last season. He's looking less and less like the Conte we know and looking more like Avram Grant!

DDA, Blue-in-me-Veins and 11Drogba like this

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's still around?

I usually hate it when people start analyzing a player's or manager's body language but bloody hell, Conte's was absolutely bad yesterday. So obvious that he doesn't want to be around and wants to be put out of his misery. He even sat down during the match FFS! I recall him saying like if he sits down during a game, it means he's lost his passion last season. He's looking less and less like the Conte we know and looking more like Avram Grant!

Agreed, we've seen him be less energetic this season but last night has to be the most indifferent i've ever seen him. 

Just doesn't seem to care anymore. No point keeping him around if that's the case.

Bad selection yesterday.

Cahill was poor and Bakayoko had a horror game. Even before the red card, he gave the ball away in 3-4 occasichalons under little pressure. And everybody and their milkman knew Hazard as false nine was not going to work. Why didn't Giroud just start?

I don't think Conte will be sacked now but at the end of this month with Barcelona around the corner, he looks doomed. Such a shame this, really. At the start of the season, I felt there was potential to kick on from the title win, add quality players to the squad and take the pressure off Hazard to create attacks. 

I don't want him sacked, but he couldn't complain at this point. He was dealt a bad hand by the board, but he isnt doing anything himself to compensate for this. He keeps using the wrong players in the same stagnant formation, so if he gets sacked, its all on him

I wonder how simple it would be to switch to a back 4. Weren't many ex manger and player pundits saying how difficult it would be to readjust last season when we first started playing it? 

35 minutes ago, lucio said:

He was dealt a bad hand by the board, but he isnt doing anything himself to compensate for this

Exactly. It's not like we're Brighton or Huddersfield. This squad is still the third best in the league, in terms of quality. At least in my opinion.

We still spent a lot of money on transfers, we still have the best academy in the UK and we still play like shit. Can't blame it all on the board.

lucio likes this

9 hours ago, blues.bridge said:

Change ampadu with  Willy and we are ok! 

What! Ethan can play in goal?

Well at least we would definitely not see Bakabambi against West Brom next week. And I wish he is gone forever from then on. We already have a Bambi on ice player on our team, we don't need another.