The Conte Thread

16 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I hear ya but you could look at it another way.

IF those mamagers were fully backed from the start would they have needed to get the sack.

Mou MKII went thru 15'16 what Conti is going thru now where he wasn't given any players after we won the league 14'15. Instead of making the team stronger you can just hear the arguments he was given about not needing to buy any more players. It would have been professionally written by some big speach writer and saved on a external HDD to be used again/

Mourinho in that summer asked for Begovic, Falcao and Pedro and got them. Yes he didn't get Stones and Pogba but that isn't an excuse to be one point from relegation at Christmas. The transfer window can be used as an excuse for Conte to a point but the 15/16 disaster was all Mourinho's doing. 

13 hours ago, Irakozium257 said:

Sadly, many fans have become apathetic and don't care about making their feelings known, because it's a tragedy if he's held his hands up and given up because of the lack of support.

If it was up to the average Chelsea fan Conte wouldn't have been appointed in the first place!!!!

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

He's just simply sick as fuck and pissed off, and rightly so, you would be.

Your looking on and even seeing Liverpool spunk mass money one one player, then you simply have to ask questions.

They've won fuck all mate. Why is Klopp's future not in question at every press conference? The truth is, the English media dont' like Chelsea, never will, and will do all they can to get the manager out. Spurs have won fuck all, but Pochettino's future is never being question either. It's every press conference they ask him the same thing, then quotes are misconstrued as having a pop at the board because of his poor English. I'm sick to the teeth of the media in this country tbh and why everyone gives them the time of day I don't know. Only because it's Chelsea, the manager's future is always in question when other managers have won nothing and you don't hear a peep from the journalists about them because it doesn't fit their agenda. 

52 minutes ago, Tomo said:

the 15/16 disaster was all Mourinho's doing. 

Wouldn't go that far mate. OK The guys a egotistical manic depressive with a pranoid personality disorder and has delusions of grandeur but its not him doing the business on the pitch. The players need to take some responsibility too.

OK I'll give you Bego - a back up keeper was necessary I think he woulda accepted anyone within a limit. Pedro on paper should have been great. We all expected him to be good I reckon. Now Falcao!!! Really dont know what the fuck happened there mate.I'm pretty sure nobody wanted him to come but then he never really had anyones faith or trust so confidence - what confidence? Then Guss said his injury was 'very serious' and was sent packing only to go on and score 30 goals from the new season and be considered for Ballon D'or for 2017!! Who'da thunk it eh!

52 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If it was up to the average Chelsea fan Conte wouldn't have been appointed in the first place!!!!

Whats an average Chelsea fan?  I just remember alot wanting him when it came down to between him and Allegri. And alot of us still want the old boy.

14 minutes ago, It's too big said:

They've won fuck all mate. Why is Klopp's future not in question at every press conference? The truth is, the English media dont' like Chelsea, never will, and will do all they can to get the manager out. Spurs have won fuck all, but Pochettino's future is never being question either. It's every press conference they ask him the same thing, then quotes are misconstrued as having a pop at the board because of his poor English. I'm sick to the teeth of the media in this country tbh and why everyone gives them the time of day I don't know. Only because it's Chelsea, the manager's future is always in question when other managers have won nothing and you don't hear a peep from the journalists about them because it doesn't fit their agenda. 

I'm with you bruv!! Fuckin media. I could shit them.

No one likes us - we don't care!! beac1d2372ef84e9864d30c8ee1d3d61.gif

If you are an ambitious manager who has ideas of building a dynasty at a football club and going down in the history books, you do not chose Chelsea.

If you want a few years of having to talk to a room full of wankers (media) and put up with a flurry of illigical decisions made by your bosses but pick up a big pay check for a few years before inevitably being sacked, then you do chose Chelsea. 

3 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

I like the list except for Simeone anyone but Simeone. Allegri,Enrique and Sarri one of them would be great.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

I'd like to pass on Enrique, thanks.

2 hours ago, FabHazard said:

The shortlist includes Allegri and Sarri...Two managers with different styles....This is what's wrong with the board...They do not have a clear philosophy or vision like barcelona and other top teams...IMO we should keep conte unless we bring an attacking coach...No point in appointing pragmatic managers like simeone or allegri ...We should continue with conte

It's clear Roman wants us to play like Barcelona, but he/the board don't have any patience & want results from the get go. Guardiola could have gotten the sack last season had he been here.

8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Wouldn't go that far mate. OK The guys a egotistical manic depressive with a pranoid personality disorder and has delusions of grandeur but its not him doing the business on the pitch. The players need to take some responsibility too.

OK I'll give you Bego - a back up keeper was necessary I think he woulda accepted anyone within a limit. Pedro on paper should have been great. We all expected him to be good I reckon. Now Falcao!!! Really dont know what the fuck happened there mate.I'm pretty sure nobody wanted him to come but then he never really had anyones faith or trust so confidence - what confidence? Then Guss said his injury was 'very serious' and was sent packing only to go on and score 30 goals from the new season and be considered for Ballon D'or for 2017!! Who'da thunk it eh!

It was Mourinho that set the tactics which led to us being unable to create a serious goalscoring opportunity and it was him that chipped away at the players confidence and made the conditions at Cobham almost unworkable.

9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Whats an average Chelsea fan?  I just remember alot wanting him when it came down to between him and Allegri. And alot of us still want the old boy.

When Mourinho got sacked it was all Pep this, Simeone that. In fact i remember someone suggested Conte (at the time) and got universally laughed at, it was only after the links became strong and serious research was done along with Juve fans joining up and raving about him most people came round to the idea.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

When Mourinho got sacked it was all Pep this, Simeone that. 

Ohh OK then yes at the begining which of course is only natural. And wwon;t be the last time their names will crop up I'm sure.

But I like Conte and I just wish he could get backed and get at least some players he wants. At least then IF it fails we can say we gave him a chance.

He deserves time and respect after the trick he pulled off last season.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

It was Mourinho that set the tactics which led to us being unable to create a serious goalscoring opportunity and it was him that chipped away at the players confidence and made the conditions at Cobham almost unworkable

Yep! Agree.He did get the forwards so defence minded they were afraid to do what they were hired to do

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

If you are an ambitious manager who has ideas of building a dynasty at a football club and going down in the history books, you do not chose Chelsea.

If you want a few years of having to talk to a room full of wankers (media) and put up with a flurry of illigical decisions made by your bosses but pick up a big pay check for a few years before inevitably being sacked, then you do chose Chelsea. 

Managers don't do dynasty's anymore. 

I would love the job at Chelsea if i was a manager (factoring out the fact i support them). You have a good chance of winning trophies and if you do you are hailed as a genius, but if you fail spectacularly the narrative it's the players, board, evil director of football, global warming before your part in the downfall is even looked at.

I never really believed the Conte to leave rumours that have been going around for the past year and a half (basically since the Arsenal match last season).  But, I believe them now.  I think he's gone in the summer.

I understand that he wants a team that going to spend some money to challenge for the title, which we are not doing these days.  But, I'm wondering what kind of conversation was had before he took the job.  Surely these things were discussed and it's not like this new stadium has come out of the blue.

1 hour ago, 11Drogba said:

And what do you say to those who think that Sarri or Allegri would come to Chelsea next year?

Sarri is the real top manager of Serie A. But he doesn't know a single word of english, and 

he is not the kind of person who change his life joining a new country at the age of 59 (IMHO)

Allegri is an average manager, very smart from the communicative pov. in a word: overrated 

Luis Enrique is another overrated manager. 

The only one that can achieve results without spending big money  is Simeone

2 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

Sarri is the real top manager of Serie A. But he doesn't know a single word of english, and 

he is not the kind of person who change his life joining a new country at the age of 59 (IMHO)

Allegri is an average manager, very smart from the communicative pov. in a word: overrated 

Luis Enrique is another overrated manager. 

The only one that can achieve results without spending big money  is Simeone

I'm tired of fucking playing defensive football. If we can't compete at least bring someone who plays attractive football. Fucking tired of this eyesore, with Conte it's a little better but still crap each time we face someone elite.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

but if you fail spectacularly the narrative it's the players, board, evil director of football, global warming before your part in the downfall is even looked at.

A season without trophies is deemed failure here. Who is to know what we could win if we kept a manager after he wins nothing for a year... given time to implement a philosophy... to stamp his mark on the club. Why do you think Fergie was soooo successfull? Do I even need to get into it. I am sure you know. Please do not come back with, managers do not build dynastys anymore!! Look at Fergie and we can see he is the most successfull manager of all time... so why not use that method of stability to acheieve success ourselves. Isn't it obvious? I'm not saying it will work with the first manager we chose but to keep sacking after a few years is bordering on lunacy. Especially after what they are acheiving in their previous seasons.

1 minute ago, Georgy said:

I'm tired of fucking playing defensive football. If we can't compete at least bring someone who plays attractive football. Fucking tired of this eyesore, with Conte it's a little better but still crap each time we face someone elite.

Was you saying this last year?

Mou played the most defensive football Ive seen a team play BUT alot didn't mind because of the silverware.

Its such a hard ballance to get right. Shitty are doing it THIS SEASON. Leicester did it too for 1 season.

3 minutes ago, Georgy said:

in the last game against arsenal they park the bus and they shoot one time, probably two 

I really dont know what WE (Chelsea) classify as a successful manager.

We sacked Ancelotti even when he finished with a record of 67 wins, 20 draws and 22 losses in 109 matches.His win percentage is the third-highest in Premier League history, behind only Mou and Fergie ffs!!!

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Was you saying this last year?

Mou played the most defensive football Ive seen a team play BUT alot didn't mind because of the silverware.

Its such a hard ballance to get right. Shitty are doing it THIS SEASON. Leicester did it too for 1 season.

I probably did among others. We ain't gonna win anything except cups with our transfer policy so might as well try to change our philosophy in the next few years. Ever since Mourinho came we've been nothing but a defensive team, no matter the manager because that's our philosophy we need someone with attacking flair.

9 minutes ago, Georgy said:

But do we have the players to do that? Do you think the likes of Alonso, Moses, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Willian etc are capable of producing quality football? Never mind not giving what Conte wants, the board themselves aren't even boosting the quality of the squad. They are just happy to fill with duds and sell them later to gain profit. A manager can only do so much with what is a highly average squad. They are doomed to fail at the end of the day.