The Conte Thread

He is bashing our club legend, and I'm loving every bit of it!

Just the way he does it, so relaxed, you could see it in his eyes. "Dudes, I got this, Mourinho who?" Mourinho always looks frustrated, nervous and spiteful when taking on somebody.

I have to say something about the game against Arsenal as i wasn't on the forum for a long time. Let me start with that many of you might think the reason we haven't won was because of Morata,wrong. When Conte took off Hazard,Fabregas,two players he has rested for this game and kept Bakayoko till the end of the game that was the true reason we haven't won,as soon as Hazard and Fabregas were taken off,we imminently invited pressure and Arsenal took they're opportunity and capitalised. Conte has failed to learn anything or fix in these last couple of months such as,bad rotation,constantly changing our back 3,midfield is not working for some time now and he hasn't done anything to fix it,and the worst think of all is that he thinks a draw against Arsenal is a good result that's absolutely embarrassing,this is Chelsea.We should act and play like a big club.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

I have to say something about the game against Arsenal as i wasn't on the forum for a long time. Let me start with that many of you might think the reason we haven't won was because of Morata,wrong. When Conte took off Hazard,Fabregas,two players he has rested for this game and kept Bakayoko till the end of the game that was the true reason we haven't won,as soon as Hazard and Fabregas were taken off,we imminently invited pressure and Arsenal took they're opportunity and capitalised. Conte has failed to learn anything or fix in these last couple of months such as,bad rotation,constantly changing our back 3,midfield is not working for some time now and he hasn't done anything to fix it,and the worst think of all is that he thinks a draw against Arsenal is a good result that's absolutely embarrassing,this is Chelsea.We should act and play like a big club.

Being reasonably content with a draw in a big away game is not the sign off a small club, i bet you Barca fans will be more than happy to leave Stamford Bridge with a share of the spoils.

Being reasonably content with a draw in a big away game is not the sign off a small club, i bet you Barca fans will be more than happy to leave Stamford Bridge with a share of the spoils.
That's a completely different type of game and i highly doubt that any Barca fan would be happy with a draw at Stamford Bridge unless it's a 2-2 draw or even a higher draw which is unlikely to happen.

1 minute ago, Chelsea4 said:

That's a completely different type of game and i highly doubt that any Barca fan would be happy with a draw at Stamford Bridge unless it's a 2-2 draw or even a higher draw which is unlikely to happen.

I know two Barca fans and both would be happy with even a 0-0. 

http://www.espnfc.com/chelsea/story/3336851/antonio-conte-ready-to-fight-critical-premier-league-managers

"In my one year and a half [in England] I never talked about other coaches. If I spoke about other coaches, it was only to make compliments. Otherwise I stay silent but I repeat: In this situation, you must have respect and I think that I do this, but at the same time I am starting to be a bit annoyed because once, twice [it has happened].

"The people who know me very well in Italy [know my personality] ... for this reason you must pay great attention when you speak because if you want to go to fight with me I am ready. I have zero problems. I am improving a bit my English because this is the real problem for me, otherwise we can go to fight. I'm ready to fight for me, my players, the club, with everyone. I have no problem."

Conte also renewed his attack on Mourinho with a barely-disguised criticism of his own, referring to "other persons" who regularly turn their weekly news conferences into a spectacle.

Asked if other managers' comments annoy him, Conte replied: "I must be honest -- I don't read [any of it]. The only opportunity to know about these situations is during the news conference. I am not prepared like other persons to make a cinema, because there are other persons who prepare to have a cinema in the news conference, before the game and during the game. I am not this type of person.

"At the same time, when I start to listen with regularity to this situation it is right to answer, because it is funny and I laugh a lot."

When it was put to him that Mourinho's penchant for outspoken quotes might be a form of deflection, Conte replied: "I don't know. Now it is very difficult to do only cinema [in football]. Maybe in the past with the cinema it was enough. Now you have to show football knowledge and the cinema is not enough for the coach."

Typical Mourinho he would bring something up that Conte was cleared of 😂 

Hopefully Conte doesn’t get involved anymore he doesn’t need to waste his energy on him, he’s jealous of Conte’s success last season and also the praise he gets. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

That's exactly why he resents Conte so much. Conte doing better than him not only with the same Chelsea squad but better than what he's doing at United is killing him. Not only that he has to deal with Pep and Klopp leaving him behind at United's two biggest rivals rivals and to add further insult to injury even Wenger's started working him out.

This is basically his worst nightmare playing out.

I feel genuinely embarrassed and ashamed supporting him as much as i did in his 2nd spell here, and im talking hungover shame of your actions the night before embarrassed.

Spot on but i'd like to add another perspective to what you wrote. I feel that Mourinho is even more cocky and arrogant than usual when he is referring to Chelsea matters because he knows that he is our most successful manager.

Despite all his wrongdoings, i am still grateful to him for what he has achieved here BUT at the same time this is another big reason why i really want Conte to stay with us for many years. If the board finally decides to back Conte up with some top signings, i am confident that he will eventually take that mantle for himself, and that will definitely shut Mourinho's mouth for good.

43 minutes ago, BlueSunshine said:

Spot on but i'd like to add another perspective to what you wrote. I feel that Mourinho is even more cocky and arrogant when he is referring to Chelsea matters because he knows that he is our most successful manager.

Despite all his wrongdoings, i am still grateful to him for what he has achieved here BUT at the same time this is another big reason why i really want Conte to stay with us for many years. If the board finally decides to back Conte up with some top signings, i am confident that he will eventually take that mantle for himself, and that will definitely shut Mourinho's mouth for good.

I agree with what you say but the fellas making it very difficult for me to have any respect for him after I threw a party for him coming back the 2nd time tho I felt like throwing another when he left!

35 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I agree with what you say but the fellas making it very difficult for me to have any respect for him after I threw a party for him coming back the 2nd time tho I felt like throwing another when he left!

Oh you are definitely right, i also have lost the respect i had for him, but that doesn't mean i am not grateful for what he has won for our club. See it this way, at least the guy has given you a lot of reasons to throw parties during his time with us :D