test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,557 posts in this topic

Chelsea are not competing with the Manchester clubs any more, insists Gary Neville... and any new manager will have to 'unravel' transfer mess
Chelsea signed three players in transfer window, most tailored to Antonio Conte
Conte is expected to leave in the summer, and their transfers could haunt them
Gary Neville says it will take some time to 'unravel' buys based on Conte's system
He also says champions Chelsea are no longer competing with Manchester clubs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5342553/Neville-Chelsea-arent-competing-Manchester-clubs.html

48CE151400000578-5342553-image-a-9_15175

Supermonkey92 likes this

1 hour ago, Supermonkey92 said:

People will realise when Conte is gone just how bad the next few years are going to be. No more titles. No ambition (anyone honest will realise that Conte's moaning stems from ambition. I haven't forgotten the warrior he is. The level he demands from his players. He has been given a Cleo to race Ferraris). You know happens when everyone realises are ambition doesn't reflect that of other teams? That it isn't good enough? The best players leave. Hazard. Tibo. Willian (who we will miss when we see the cross we replace him with). 

This club needs Conte, because the board needs a manager with ferocious ambition. We all know the board thinks business first. 

Most likely he leaves. I have nothing but respect for him, kinda want him to have a foreign club to support him. So here's my prediction. Abramovich is going to need to have things get a lot worse before the board is reshuffled. Hopefully we put as much effort into choosing sporting directors than we do managers. 

Sadly Roman aint going to sack the "yes men and woman" at least until he can find new yes bodies.

What I really don't understand is this fucking policy they have, get rid of the decent players and bring in dross, i'll state just one example loan out RLC and bring in Drinkwater they'd already replaced Matic with yep you've guessed it Bakayoko.

as regards The Don... "don't shoot the messenger, shoot the sender"

“About Giroud, we are talking about an international player with a lot of experience who plays for the national team, he’s 31 years old. We’re not talking about a young player, for this reason our expectation for him is different. I asked for this type of player with his characteristic from the club. The club gave me this opportunity. With Emerson Palmieri we have a young player with not much international experience, he played last year with Rome, he played a very good season. He’s an option for Marcos Alonso, he has to recover with us but as you know very well, you play if you deserve to play and we can tell this during training sessions day by day.”

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/2/2/16965480/conte-thanks-chelsea-for-signings-reaffirms-commitment-to-club-for-manyeth-time

Yeah, baby!

Supermonkey92 likes this

19 minutes ago, El P. said:

“About Giroud, we are talking about an international player with a lot of experience who plays for the national team, he’s 31 years old. We’re not talking about a young player, for this reason our expectation for him is different. I asked for this type of player with his characteristic from the club. The club gave me this opportunity. With Emerson Palmieri we have a young player with not much international experience, he played last year with Rome, he played a very good season. He’s an option for Marcos Alonso, he has to recover with us but as you know very well, you play if you deserve to play and we can tell this during training sessions day by day.”

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/2/2/16965480/conte-thanks-chelsea-for-signings-reaffirms-commitment-to-club-for-manyeth-time

Yeah, baby!

"I asked for this type of player with his characteristic from the club. The club gave me this opportunity"

Giroud obviously wasn't his first choice target but Conte wanted a target man and got one. But hey ho, let's continue to criticize Conte for not utilizing Batshuayi more and at the same time, criticize the board for not backing Conte...

kellzfresh, Fernando and Pizy like this

Just now, Jason said:

"I asked for this type of player with his characteristic from the club. The club gave me this opportunity"

Giroud obviously wasn't his first choice target but Conte wanted a target man and got one. But hey ho, let's continue to criticize Conte for not utilizing Batshuayi more and at the same time, criticize the board for not backing Conte...

He sounds grateful. That was my point. Even if he didn't got his first choice he sounds happy with Giroud.

Barbara likes this

He still should finish next year. 

It was a crap year, always was going to be, but he should finish next year. 

I believe he can do much better next season. 

And some players this season will be much better next. 

After that he can do whatever he wants. 

But 3 years is good business for me. 

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

I would have loved to have seen more of Mighy. My opinion on how often and how far the ball bounces off him isn't settled yet. 

Interesting from Conte, what he said about Giroud. I hope he wanted him. I’m “only” concerned about who is going to supply him with assists. Still thinking the same about Morata. When Azpi works Morata scores. Midfielders offers less or nothing and there you have a problem too.

King11Didier likes this

1 hour ago, zekinjo said:

Interesting from Conte, what he said about Giroud. I hope he wanted him. I’m “only” concerned about who is going to supply him with assists. Still thinking the same about Morata. When Azpi works Morata scores. Midfielders offers less or nothing and there you have a problem too.

Completely agree with you, I think one big problem in the team is that there is no decent midfielder next to Kante, he is amazing player, but he is not great going forward, but because of the donkeys that are playing next to him, he has to do that part of the game also. Can't believe the club wasted almost 80mln for two midfielders who can't complete 2 passes in a row.

1 hour ago, King11Didier said:

Completely agree with you, I think one big problem in the team is that there is no decent midfielder next to Kante, he is amazing player, but he is not great going forward, but because of the donkeys that are playing next to him, he has to do that part of the game also. Can't believe the club wasted almost 80mln for two midfielders who can't complete 2 passes in a row.

But this is what we have. Too much moaning about our players but defensive minded tactis are still there and it seems that Conte likes those kind of midfielders... He could start Barkley in midfield alongside Kante and Hudson Odoi as winger but he is too predictable. 

Kante - Bakayoko and 3 at the back could only work with offensive allaround wingbacks so I don't understand why Willian and Pedro are not played there sometimes.. 

3 hours ago, zekinjo said:

True...3:5:2 system is shit for me, but right now its only way to fit in Cesc who is along Eden only one who can create something. 

We desperately need to either go back to 4:3:3 or bring absolutely world class RW and wingbacks for 3:4:3 to work on regular basis. 

Its clear that we absolutely need two top top quality wingbacks. Alonso and Moses are allright, but we need best ones here. The system depends on them too much to be ignored. Emerson can be good but it will take time, hopefuly next season.

Shame the board didnt get any quality winger like Bailey. He needs some adjustment time, it would be perfect to get him in january, so he would be ready for next season and maybe even add some flash uptop this season.