The Conte Thread

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

taken off for a destroyer (Drinkwater) while the useless Bakayoko stayed on for the full match.

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

Willian for Hazard sub,

Well its very obvious Conte really likes Baks and sees alot in him. And read early interviews saying that we had to give him as much playing time as poss to get him ready! But while he has shown signs of improvement he doesn't seem ready for full games yet.

I woulda swapped him at 1/2 time for Drinks. Not only a destroyer but hes quite a creative fella too. A Kante,Waterboy,Cescy 3 would be interesting. Or woulda subbd him for Pedro, Hes a good game changer for us and offers more directive force than Willi. IMHO 

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Well its very obvious Conte really likes Baks and sees alot in him. And read early interviews saying that we had to give him as much playing time as poss to get him ready! But while he has shown signs of improvement he doesn't seem ready for full games yet.

I woulda swapped him at 1/2 time for Drinks. Not only a destroyer but hes quite a creative fella too. A Kante,Waterboy,Cescy 3 would be interesting. Or woulda subbd him for Pedro, Hes a good game changer for us and offers more directive force than Willi. IMHO 

Imagien if one of Moratas chances had fallen to Pedro. We would have been talking about things entirely different today.

13 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

why use clubs though as in plural. Also immediately after our game.

i know what you're saying, but that website are English speaking first and foremost, possible lost in translation.   By all accounts he wanted some big names at Juve, they said no; and if you remember he came out with his quote  "like dining at a 100 euro restaurant with only 10 euros"  in reference to Juve.  That also ties in with his austerity programme line

With regards to us, i think he was simply saying if you aim to get every one of your targets and dont, youre disappointed.  So just accept what happens. 

3 hours ago, BXL70 said:

Conte should not have shown the door to Matic and Costa in the first place. With Bakayoko and Morata as replacement, our team is weaker than last year. 

only costa. matic was a society decision and he said this many times

Times Exclusive: Chelsea want Diego Simeone to replace Antonio Conte as head coach if the Italian leaves at the ends of the season. #CFC #Atletico

Times Exclusive: Chelsea have no plans to sack Conte but, with issues over Chelsea's transfer policy and management structure, there is a widespread expectation at Stamford Bridge that both parties will come to a mutual agreement on his exit in the summer. #CFC

Times Exclusive: Chelsea have begun the process of looking at alternatives, with Diego Simeone top of their shortlist. #CFC #Atletico

Times Exclusive: Simeone was considered before Conte was appointed 2 years ago but was unwilling to leave before the club moved intheir new Wanda Metropolitano stadium at the start of the season. #CFC #Atletico

Times Exclusive: #Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri is also on Chelsea's shortlist after his outstanding work in taking them to the top of Serie A, while Allegri's pedigree in guiding #Juventus to 2 Champions League finals makes him a strong contender. #CFC #Atletico

Conte eyes Chelsea exit ‘at end of season’

Duncan Castles

October 1 2017, 12:01am, The Sunday Times

Homesick Blue: Antonio Conte seriously considered resigning during the summerHomesick Blue: Antonio Conte seriously considered resigning during the summer

Sources close to Antonio Conte have ­signalled his interest in leaving Chelsea at the end of this season, inviting leading Serie A clubs to bid for his services.His decision reflects the 48-year-old Italian’s long-standing dissatisfaction at the level of support he has received from Chelsea’s board. Conte seriously considered resigning his position as manager this summer despite leading the London club to the Premier League title in his first season. Disputes over ­Chelsea’s summer recruitment, the inaccessibility of Roman Abramovich and the owner’s senior executive Marina Granovskaia, as well as the promotion of academy players, were all important factors in Conte’s thinking.Conte repeatedly refused an offer to extend his contract, instead agreeing to a deal that increased his pay without extending his commitment to Chelsea beyond 2019. According to friends, only a severe financial penalty clause written into Conte’s original three-year contract dissuaded the former Juventus and Italy coach from walking out.Chelsea’s policy on managerial appointments has been to include a ­multimillion-pound “claw-back” clause to prevent them exiting the club against its will. The contract of Conte’s predecessor, Jose Mourinho, included a £20m ­termination penalty, with the Italian understood to have been bound by a similarly penal amount last summer.Should the Premier League-winning manager remain unswayed by this ­season’s events and execute the plan to leave Chelsea, Abramovich has the option of turning to one of his past appointments as a successor. Dismissed by Bayern Munich last week, Carlo ­Ancelotti has told friends that he would prefer his next position to be at a Premier League club.

Conte granted an interview to the ­Italian state broadcaster Radio 1 last week, stating that there was “not a doubt in my mind that I will be home before long”. He added: “I miss Italy, that’s beyond doubt, so once I have had some important and life-changing experiences, I will be back.”

1 hour ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Times Exclusive: Chelsea want Diego Simeone to replace Antonio Conte as head coach if the Italian leaves at the ends of the season. #CFC #Atletico

Times Exclusive: Chelsea have no plans to sack Conte but, with issues over Chelsea's transfer policy and management structure, there is a widespread expectation at Stamford Bridge that both parties will come to a mutual agreement on his exit in the summer. #CFC

Times Exclusive: Chelsea have begun the process of looking at alternatives, with Diego Simeone top of their shortlist. #CFC #Atletico

Diego Simeone's Son Claims Atletico Boss Will Make Italy Return With Inter

http://www.90min.com/posts/5937442-diego-simeone-s-son-claims-atletico-boss-will-make-italy-return-with-inter

14 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

So many different views but ith MOST saying Simeone is Manure bound

conti.jpg

Honestly if Man United were to appoint another manager in the same/similar mould as Mourinho I think there fans would be incredibly pissed off 😂

I don’t think Simeone is going to manage here any time soon regardless of club and personally don’t fancy Max Allegri either, don’t think Juventus have gone up another level since Conte departed despite more financial backing in recent years (2 CL finals is an improvement in Europe but is there side actually that much better?). Sarri is a wild card option, Napoli are an absolutely brilliant footballing team but again do you think he’d get the backing and support? Or the time if things don’t go well? In all honestly I’d rather keep Conte for another year, see if he can get a bit more quality in and get closer to City who will be the title favourites again next season.

16 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Fuck me, I don't want Simeone anywhere near this club. I'm well beyond the bus parking days. 

Also hilarious to see Sarri and Simeone on the same list of possible managers. Seems like the board (as always) doesn't have a clue as to where we're heading in terms of footballing philosophy. From this style to that, it's ridiculous. 

I hear ya about buses. I'm all for us winning at all costs but at least right now (I dont understand why peeps dont think this) we have a manager who isn't adverse to us going forward. We are creating many chances but just not finishing good.

In my little nut I pondered whether ZZ would want to come to us. He would get his chance to be with Eden,Tibo and Kante without hassling Perez to buy them. Plus I read that Roman met him last year so you can imagine the subject did come up in chats.

He would also probably like the chance to go up against the PL managers. Only thing is I dont think he would handle our transfer policy as hes used to an open ended budget. Could he handle it?

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Antonio Conte has launched an extraordinary attack on Jose Mourinho, suggesting the Manchester United manager has ‘demenza senile’ after his remarks about touchline ‘clowns’.

:lol:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/chelsea/11196553/conte-hits-back-at-senile-mourinho

On Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger suggesting that Blues midfielder Eden Hazard was diving:
"If Arsene watches the game again, he was very lucky with the referee decisions."

On Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho on talking about managers acting like clowns on the sidelines:
"He has to see himself in the past. Maybe he was speaking about himself in the past. Sometimes someone forgot what someone said in the past."

Get in hahaha !!

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Savage! He said what most of us are thinking.:wub: Especially Mourinho at the end, he went away but continues to look and comment about us, he is the new voyeur. Wenger is just being Wenger, with selective memory and vision trying to influence referees, thinking he's the new Sir Alex of the EPL.