test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,562 posts in this topic
4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Nah. Reckon the defining point will be from mid-Feb till mid-March, when we play Barcelona (h), Man Utd (a), Man City (a), Barcelona (a).

No thanks. His teams play decent football but can't defend and he seems to be one of those who can get easily distracted by external happenings.

I wasn't plumbing for Silva, I actually think that is what this idiotic board would do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most common argument I'm seeing on Twitter when Chelsea fans are complaining about Conte not being backed is "you've spent loads, why are you moaning!?" Failing to realize that we didn't spend loads of money adding to an already good squad. We sold a world class DM and replaced him with a worse player in Bakayoko and we sold a world class striker and replaced him with Morata who isn't as good. Didn't sign a LWB, didn't sign a single attacking player other than Morata who was a direct replacement for someone we sold. Drinkwater was so obviously not Conte's first or even 5th choice, and Zappacosta was probably his 4th choice and a panic buy after we failed with everyone else.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The most common argument I'm seeing on Twitter when Chelsea fans are complaining about Conte not being backed is "you've spent loads, why are you moaning!?" Failing to realize that we didn't spend loads of money adding to an already good squad. We sold a world class DM and replaced him with a worse player in Bakayoko and we sold a world class striker and replaced him with Morata who isn't as good. Didn't sign a LWB, didn't sign a single attacking player other than Morata who was a direct replacement for someone we sold. Drinkwater was so obviously not Conte's first or even 5th choice, and Zappacosta was probably his 4th choice and a panic buy after we failed with everyone else.

Wait, did you say just Matic is a WORLD CLASS? I get what you're trying to say but c'mon now. That's just silly. :lol:

BlueLion. and Barbara like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We have spent loads.....on shite. Totally different if your spending stacks on actually quality elite players, but we aren't.

And if Conte goes we'll have another huge headache to deal with if the next manager doesn't fancy the likes of Drinkwater, Baka, Zappacosta etc. But since we spent big money on them the club will force the new man to "work with what you have" and then we're right back to having a frustrated manager.

Barbara likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pizy said:

And if Conte goes we'll have another huge headache to deal with if the next manager doesn't fancy the likes of Drinkwater, Baka, Zappacosta etc. But since we spent big money on them the club will force the new man to "work with what you have" and then we're right back to having a frustrated manager.

Rinse and repeat.

Barbara likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wait, did you say just Matic is a WORLD CLASS? I get what you're trying to say but c'mon now. That's just silly. :lol:

Okay, not world class but at his very specific job there are few better. Been one of their best players this season.

Blusan Alamb likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with him on transfers. It was bad summer, and we paying the price for that disaster now. But it's getting annoying, especially when you talk about it after a game against Arsenal - the team, that lose every good player, every time they have one. You can't blame everything on board. He needs to get over it, or it will end bad. Just stop feed media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't blame him. How can you be a top manager at a top club when the club won't back your judgement in the transfer market, and instead identify their own targets and force you to work with them? He'll be gone, and Ancelotti will come back as Roman's yes-man, win us a PL title but fail to do anything in Europe, and then Hiddink will come back for round 3. 

Blusan Alamb and Beigl like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top players cost around 100 or more in todays market. There are exceptions but you will mostly get average players for less than 50. I doubt that our academy players are far worse than Zappa, Bakayoko or Drinkwater. Conte has to give more chance to our youngsters if he wants players like Sandro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it's been horrendous the squad management these last years, At the end of Benitez, I thought we had quite a good squad with just 3-4 players to add.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bye bye conte 

he must learn to respect our board. 

We lost yesterday because of him. 

He brings rudiger , he sold Diego costa . 

The players we signed were conte’s choices. 

 

Bye bye conte 

The Chels likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I hope happens in an ideal world: We finish in the top 4, Hazard & Courtois extend their contracts, Conte stays and is given at least a couple of his first choice signings this summer.

What will probably happen: We may scrape into the top 4, Conte's relationship deteriorates further with the club and he walks, we appoint a manager that will be very devisive, Hazard & Tibo go, and we start the whole rebuilding process again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rudiger , Zappa,morata ,naigolan,Sandro. 

Alonso,Palmieri,dzeko 

,koulibaly 

these players are conte’s choice. And our board don’t support him? Hahah 

 

ok we didn’t signed koulibaly,Sandro but we tried . All the players are from Italy . Be careful conte...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.