test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,562 posts in this topic

Conte needs to utilise our young players more to make up the squad. I think RLC and Barkley are basically the same player, Chalobah would do as well as Drinkwater. Ake could've developed into a left sided Azpilicueta. Musonda could do more. By not making those signings that's £65/70m that could've then been spent on someone who'd instantly improve the first 11. But the club seem obsessed with inflating the squad with average players, ending up with a squad where it's the same one or two players responsible for creating and scoring goals.

11Drogba and Sideshow Luiz like this

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

All for being realistic but FFS ANTONIO! WE'RE CHELSEA! NOT SOME FUCKING WANNABE BIG CLUB!! :middlefinger:

Yes, if only we've won some important title in recent times to prove ourselves BIG again. :(

Show that you're man enough to do it again Conte.

Just resign and walk away instead of being sacked.

8 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf Barkley, having played next to 0 football this season (think he’s a good player but needs time to get used to us and vice versa) or Batshuayi, who is pretty useless (okay he was decent v Brighton but in 18 months how often can we go “yeah he played decent?”), isn't exactly a great choice to have.

I am surprised Batshuayi didn’t start but again not surprised he didn’t throw him on when Willian got injured because last 20 mins Arsenal defenders are tired etc more chance of him doing something I feel. Plus it’s so obvious he doesn’t trust him. Not even worth loaning him out just sell him, talk about stunting your career.

I know Michy was piss when he came on, but I'm not sure what he did wrong against Brighton to not deserve to start yesterday? Everyone knows we're shit with a false 9 unless we're playing Bournemouth. 

OneMoSalah likes this

8 hours ago, Jason said:

All for being realistic but FFS ANTONIO! WE'RE CHELSEA! NOT SOME FUCKING WANNABE BIG CLUB!! :middlefinger:

You can't blame the man for speaking the truth. The recent transfers from our board suggest nothing short of what he just mentioned. My only fear is that by the time the stadium is ready we will be one of the team likes Spurs or Liverpool trying to be a big club but are nothing short of average with average players.

Hazard will leave us for RM coming summer and all hopes of us playing good football will rest in wonderland.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

I remember Conte used to be flexible with his formation in games last season. This season, he has stubbornly persisted with the same formation. It's always 3-4-3 or 3-5-2.

What do you mean? We played almost exclusively 3-4-3 last season, sometimes 3-5-2 too. After the formation change last season we haven't used anything else.

Barbara likes this

37 minutes ago, Styles said:

This fucking clown should be sacked today but he's getting the opportunity to load the squad with even more Serie A rubbish.

And you accuse me of trolling

Image result for that is some funny shit

Essien19 likes this

It's honestly scary thinking about what could happen this summer. Even though we're not doing terribly in terms of the race for top 4 it seems like so much is festering behind the scenes at the club. Conte publicly (and understandably) taking shots at the club every week, the club working at the pace of Cesc Fabregas in the market, and a couple of our best and nearly irreplaceable players reportedly want to leave in the summer.

I mean, it's not far fetched at all to think we could lose a world class manager, our talismanic attacking player, and our world class keeper in the same window. In a World Cup summer where prices skyrocket with good performances making it even more difficult for buying clubs. We think it's hard to sign good players now? Imagine how hard it'll be if a player we're after has a great World Cup. After we've got £150m or whatever in our pockets from selling Hazard.

All of this because of the club's refusal to back the manager with HIS first choice signings. And all of this while City and United are getting stronger and stronger and building super teams. City are walking the league and could very well win every competition they're in this season. What are they doing? Going out now and spending £60m on Laporte and probably going after Fred as well. Think I read yesterday that they'll have spend €400m on their defense alone over the past few years! Meanwhile Chelsea are struggling to sign a backup striker.

We're being left completely behind. Or maybe we already have been. Not optimistic about our immediate future at all. 😔

Fernando and Barbara like this

2 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

You can't blame the man for speaking the truth. The recent transfers from our board suggest nothing short of what he just mentioned. My only fear is that by the time the stadium is ready we will be one of the team likes Spurs or Liverpool trying to be a big club but are nothing short of average with average players.

It's one thing to be realistic. It's another to keep on talking about till it sounds like defeatism, something Conte has done all season. How can one expect the players to be motivated when the manager is constantly saying we can't compete with City and United? How can anyone expect the players to feel confident when the manager is indirectly saying they aren't good enough by constantly moaning about transfer signings? It's little wonder that the players have looked they CBA for most of the season.

2 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

Hazard will leave us for RM coming summer and all hopes of us playing good football will rest in wonderland.

Correct me if I'm wrong but has Perez even spoken publicly about Hazard? I know he has expressed interest in Neymar but nothing about Hazard, IIRC. A lot of the Real Madrid stems from the fact that Zidane is there. Take him out of the equation and I'm not sure how genuine do Real want Hazard.

bluephoenix likes this

2 hours ago, manpe said:

What do you mean? We played almost exclusively 3-4-3 last season, sometimes 3-5-2 too. After the formation change last season we haven't used anything else.

Didn't happen often but there were couple of times in games last season where Conte switched to the 4-2-4 when chasing for the win. Happened against West Ham, Watford, Burnley etc.

BlueLion. likes this

If Conte is definitely going end of the season then we don't need to waste money on buying players now... Because new coach will probably get rid of them.

He won't be sacked during the season unless top 4 is gone. We'll batter Newcastle this weekend and the mood will lift temporarily.

Can't believe some of the crap I read on here from Chelsea fans about Conte and him needing sacking, but thats the era of modern football that we live in, instant gratification and 'what have you done for me lately?

I am with Antonio on this, the board YET AGAIN have dragged their feet and failed to recognise the glaring issues in the team which I am sure Antonio has told them about until he's blue in the face. I had a bad feeling when we sold Matic to United, it felt a bit like Mourinho when we let Cech go. Conte clearly didn't want it but the board makes the decisions. 

On transfers, people saying a lot that 'oh he got players in from Serie A it must be his dealings', to an extent thats correct but maybe consider players like Alonso, Zappacosta etc... were his fifth or sixth choice in a long list of signings for those positions and the board just went for the easiest or cheapest fix? That would be kinda frustrating to a degree right?

Nevermind, Conte will either go before the end or definitely at the end of the season and it's rinse and repeat. The managerial merry go round goes on and sure we will continue to get some trophies along the way to justifty this, but my days the problem will always be there, the board needs a reshuffle. But let's just blame Antonio though, because it's probably easier to remove him rather than the politicking swines who balls up our transfer windows for seasons now. Sorry guys, you may not all agree but I just had to vent. 

Barbara, EMK and Miki-Liki like this

20 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm going to say this now....I reckon he will do well to see out the next fortnight.

Nah. Reckon the defining point will be from mid-Feb till mid-March, when we play Barcelona (h), Man Utd (a), Man City (a), Barcelona (a).

21 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Marco Silva:)

No thanks. His teams play decent football but can't defend and he seems to be one of those who can get easily distracted by external happenings.