test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

6,749 posts in this topic

Games like this come down to his reluctancy to change the obvious. Michy should have come on for Morata & Drinkwater for Bakayoko.

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Bakayoko shouldn't of been selected for a start, Drinkwater has been miles better than him even in his cameo roles. Bakayoko didn't justify being selected tonight, not one bit, and the fact he was allowed to stay on is something I would question Conte on.....

Maybe he sees something we don't.. God knows what... Or is hopeful he'll remember what to do.. May be waiting a while on that too

Tbf we didnt lose the game. We probably could have lost. If that was Jose we'd have lost because once we conceded under him playing poorly we rarely ever got a look in. Bad conceding the second but it was coming, I'm generally surprised it didnt come earlier, before we even got our second. I think 352 was good formation to start with but Xhaka, Wilshere and Ozil dominated in there. I think changing to 343 could have been done but even then we had enough chances. Over the festive period we are unbeaten, conceding only 2 goals, dropping 4 points (tonight and at Everton), not all doom and gloom. 

This month will be huge now because we will sign some players after Conte's said that if players aren't happy with not playing they will be allowed to leave as long as they are replaced. Batshuayi, Musonda, Kenedy... reckon all will be gone come the end of the month (probably all on loan) and replaced with better quality. 

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Bakayoko shouldn't of been selected for a start, Drinkwater has been miles better than him even in his cameo roles. Bakayoko didn't justify being selected tonight, not one bit, and the fact he was allowed to stay on is something I would question Conte on.....

This I can accept, and would question. Bakayoko was awful today. I'm not sure Conte thoroughly trusts Drinkwater, but his performance vs Stoke certainly didn't warrant him being dropped. 

We were creating chance after chance, but didn't convert any. Can't see that being Conte's fault... Yes, he could've replace Bakayoko and so on, but those are minor things compared with others, I would say.

kellzfresh likes this

I will single handedly punch anyone who is gonna blame today's draw on conte...lol...

Anyway m fuming right now...

The manager is the only reason the club is in the top 4 right now. Can't see the bunch of Morata, Bakayoko etc, winning each matchweek. Many bad transfers that Conte has had to deal with. but he has made this team punch above it's weight, with the kind of players we really have. Just imagine what he would do with a decent transfer window.

Special likes this

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

Amazing quote which has so far gotten little attention. "Coincidentally" rumours of him replacing Emery at PSG also abound. He's not going to be here next season is he?

chelsea_4_eva likes this

1 hour ago, BlueLion. said:

Anyone directing anger of any kind towards the manager is a moron. How can he be held accountable for mongs like Bakayoko not being able to pass to a player in a blue shirt? How can he be held accountable for Morata being an absolute disaster in front of goal? How can he be held accountable for a shit defensive header by Alonso, or a dodgy, unlucky ricochet off of Morata for their first goal? Similarly, let's not forget that Wilshere should have been on the pitch (great job there, ref). 

We should have won by four clear goals tonight. If we'd have held on for the win, you'd all be lining up in front of him on your knees. Football is fickle.

I have a good valid reason to be pissed off at Conte tonight. Him keeping Bakayoko on. He was absolutely useless, giving Ozil some freedom to harm us in the first half. Luckily nothing came to pass in that half, however Wilshere's goal all started because Baka lost the ball. I'm pissed, not as much as I am towards Baka and Morata, but for him not spotting Baka's horrific performance and taking off Hazard while we should be after the 3 points needs to be looked at.

Oh, and if Morata DID make it 3-2 in the end, my opinion on what Conte did tonight will not change.

Anyway after what I've seen here today, I have concluded. Unless we spend in this winter window, forget about winning any trophy this season. We are not good enough. We have Arsenal again next week, Conte for some reason couldn't finish off Wenger so we are out of that...

Champions League? Against Barca? By being wasteful? HAHAHA. Say no more.

FA Cup? While City, Arsenal, Spuds, Liverpool are in it? Very slim chance. Our strikeforce is a weakness in our team that I thought having Morata would fix, but turns out that's not the case. However my views may change if we spend this transfer window.

P.S. - Just because I'm pissed at the manager, doesn't mean I want him out.

1 hour ago, El P. said:

We were creating chance after chance, but didn't convert any. Can't see that being Conte's fault... Yes, he could've replace Bakayoko and so on, but those are minor things compared with others, I would say.

I'm annoyed he waits too fucking long to bring anybody on. We start with Hazard and Morata against a wall of what, 5 Arsenal defenders with Willian and Pedro sat on the bench. Drinkwater could have started over Bakayoko. At the end of the day, the tactics and personnel were poor. Conte is to blame, nobody else. He can whine about the squad, but there's players plenty good enough to beat that depleted Arsenal side. Wenger has outwitted him how many times now? He went into this game with a spineless lineup and spineless tactics, now talks about not getting the players he wants. He seems to think every top player will come at his call, but it doesn't happen. Now it's getting tough we are getting excuses from him. If we had won tonight we wouldn't have heard a peep, that's what gets me. He was also the man who is to blame for Costa situation, so before he talks about missed opportunities, remember why we're in that situation up front. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

If he needs limitless amounts of money to win the league again, then don't bother. As soon as the league has gotten tough we're hearing this shite. It bores me when Jose does it, and it's boring me now. 

positivefootball likes this

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Amazing quote which has so far gotten little attention. "Coincidentally" rumours of him replacing Emery at PSG also abound. He's not going to be here next season is he?

think he was talking of Juventus more than anything.  I dont think he'd be mad enough to publicly bash us almost.    

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Posted above, read the quotes and i think hes on about Juve... i hope

Being interviewed in Italy, where they know how juve treated him with signings... 2+2 etc

7 minutes ago, It's too big said:

I'm annoyed he waits too fucking long to bring anybody on. We start with Hazard and Morata against a wall of what, 5 Arsenal defenders with Willian and Pedro sat on the bench. Drinkwater could have started over Bakayoko. At the end of the day, the tactics and personnel were poor. Conte is to blame, nobody else. He can whine about the squad, but there's players plenty good enough to beat that depleted Arsenal side. Wenger has outwitted him how many times now? He went into this game with a spineless lineup and spineless tactics, now talks about not getting the players he wants. He seems to think every top player will come at his call, but it doesn't happen. Now it's getting tough we are getting excuses from him. If we had won tonight we wouldn't have heard a peep, that's what gets me. He was also the man who is to blame for Costa situation, so before he talks about missed opportunities, remember why we're in that situation up front. 

It's ok. But for the same reason we don't bash Azpi, Kante or Hazard harshly when they under-perform we shouldn't bash Conte very harsh and cut him some slack. Because Azpi, Kante, Hazard, I would say Courtois too, along with Conte, have done some really great stuff in last couple of years and months.

I say we should aim our criticism mostly on our consistent under-performers. ;)

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

If he needs limitless amounts of money to win the league again, then don't bother. As soon as the league has gotten tough we're hearing this shite. It bores me when Jose does it, and it's boring me now. 

Don’t think he means unlimited amounts of money. Just the players he wants.

There’s no doubt that City have won the league already regardless of a miracle but their recruitment started last season with recruitment of the likes of Gundogan, Stones, Jesus, Bravo, Sane and also this summer with the likes of Walker, Mendy, Ederson and Bernardo Silva. They weren’t second or third choice buys they were first options of the managers. Even before Pep came in, they signed the likes of De Bruyne, Sterling, Fernandinho and Otamendi too. I’m sure Conte is talking more about his Juventus days but wouldn’t be surprised if that’s was a little bit about last summer too with Luiz and Alonso although he made it work and possibly this summer(who knows?). If the club had signed an amount of players of this quality he wouldn’t complain because he would have a more competitive squad than he does now.

kellzfresh likes this