test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

6,307 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Even if I had been addressing you, you’d still have misunderstood since my comment was neither an accusation of courting popularity, nor a criticism of Antonio’s flexible tactics, but appology accepted. Thank you.

Do people really accuse each other of posting for popularity? Amazing. 

I don't think you was around during the 'member of the month' days!!

It was dramas!

OhForAGreavsie likes this

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Do people really accuse each other of posting for popularity? Amazing.

Yeah it used to be. But compared to those days the forum is pretty much dead, or rather on life support, there are nearly not enough active members anymore to claim some sort of "popularity".

Talking about Conte and his tactics, I haven't seen him park the bus yet. Well, not in the sense we imagine it like it was under Mourinho. Of course I haven't seen EVERY game, maybe there were some, but if there were, then I believe it was mainly due to the opponent not letting us play. Mourinho conceded possession intentionally, he played 7 defenders intentionally, it is his twisted philosophy. No club managed by Mourinho will ever play like a big club, the same cannot be said about Conte... give him the necessary ingredients and there will be no necessity to park anything. Conte actually knows how to train attacking patterns, he doesn't rely on one "magician" to do it all. Him and Mou have absolutely nothing in common.

kellzfresh likes this

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Even if I had been addressing you, you’d still have misunderstood since my comment was neither an accusation of courting popularity, nor a criticism of Antonio’s flexible tactics, but appology accepted. Thank you.

That part I did not misunderstand. Never disagreed with it. In fact, I reiterated my point to agree with that.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

That part I did not misunderstand. Never disagreed with it. In fact, I reiterated my point to agree with that.

Well your initial reply to me, here reads as a defence of Antonio from some criticism you think I'm making but, not you've put me straight on that, all misunderstandings are cleared up. Phew!

4 minutes ago, iceboy said:

Very interesting comments from Conte. He's so far lost to Burnley, Palace (the worst team in the league at that point) and West Ham. He really has no excuse and I know he likes making excuses

The good thing for Conte I guess is the priority is top 4 these days. Anything else is a bonus. The board can have no complaints whatsoever with a top 4 finish. We have no business fighting for the title this season. 

So what the board set forth was top 4 according to our netspend in the market. Our ambition these days is Arsenal-esque. Top 4 and try for a domestic cup. I'm already well prepared for that reality. 

Fernando and communicate like this

Actually, Conte was pretty great with his decisions past weeks. Today he made some mistakes, did everything he could to fix them already at the half time. Seriously, I won't ask much more than that, especially when I see our flawed players and retarded board.

11Drogba likes this

48 minutes ago, iceboy said:

14 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The good thing for Conte I guess is the priority is top 4 these days. Anything else is a bonus. The board can have no complaints whatsoever with a top 4 finish. We have no business fighting for the title this season. 

So what the board set forth was top 4 according to our netspend in the market. Our ambition these days is Arsenal-esque. Top 4 and try for a domestic cup. I'm already well prepared for that reality.

Ever since we won the Double back in 2010, we have seen our title challenge gone out of the window before January in a number of seasons, which is quite embarrassing. 2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2015/16 and now 2017/18. That's FIVE seasons out of EIGHT.

1 minute ago, El P. said:

Actually, Conte was pretty great with his decisions past weeks. Today he made some mistakes, did everything he could to fix them already at the half time. Seriously, I won't ask much more than that, especially when I see our flawed players and retarded board.

Every time when we lose, I see Conte get all the blame. Is that always the case though? Don't see the players - as a collective unit - get blamed as much as Conte here some times.

I like this moments of truth, no hiding in lie, no covering mistakes and giving false hope. WE ARE OUT, he said, so deal with it. Really glad he said that. Maybe our delusional board open their eyes now.

11Drogba and King11Didier like this

14 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The moment this summer window shut, I know that we have very little chance competing for title. We basically only add zapp and drinkwater to a flawed squad of last season. The rest are kinda replacement for player that left or sold.

Our biggest need this season is WB. That is so obvious from last season yet we  only signed Zappacosta. 

6 minutes ago, communicate said:

The moment this summer window shut, I know that we have very little chance competing for title. We basically only add zapp and drinkwater to a flawed squad of last season. The rest are kinda replacement for player that left or sold.

Our biggest need this season is WB. That is so obvious from last season yet we  only signed Zappacosta. 

Spot on...I find it difficult to comprehend why TC members fancy our chances...we had piss poor summer transfer window... Just hope the board all get it right in January so we can add 2 or 3 quality players ....hoping we have strong end of this campaign...

I braced myself for an up and down season once I knew we had very little world class quality coming in. You cannot expect to keep adding 'decent' squad options and hope for Conte to perform some kind of miracle again and get the title.

I guarantee in January one of the Manchester clubs will get Alex Sandro, and do it with ease. How? By paying exactly what is asked. Meanwhile we will be looking in the bargain bin of Europe once again, and I'm thinking it will be another Interim manager after Christmas.

Feel free to prove me wrong CFC. I'm just a tiny bit disillusioned by the running theme.