test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,415 posts in this topic
56 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Yeah don't think it's a case of lost the team just a case of the team ain't that good. Know won the league last season but there were still times when it was a bit iffy 

Still about are we Layla :lol: 

The Skipper and Amblève. like this

6 hours ago, Leif said:

Unless you have something negative to say about the board alongside it, nobody should be saying anything negative about Conte. It's idiocy and high time it was ignored, like these people continuing to ignore blatant signs of power struggle.

And in a nutshell this is why we are one of the most attractive job in the world to manager's, they get all off the credit and none of the blame, quite literally.

Moyes and Van Gaal fuck up at United and it damages their reputation beyond repair. AVB and Jose fuck up at Chelsea and get another big job within months.

55 minutes ago, Tomo said:

And in a nutshell this is why we are one of the most attractive job in the world to manager's, they get all off the credit and none of the blame, quite literally.

Moyes and Van Gaal fuck up at United and it damages their reputation beyond repair. AVB and Jose fuck up at Chelsea and get another big job within months.

How did Van Gaal damage his reputation beyond repair? 

He's never been known to play exciting football, he went to United, steadied the ship, helped push Rooney out of the club and he gave a chance to Rashford (who will be playing for United/England for the next decade). 

The Skipper likes this

14 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

How did Van Gaal damage his reputation beyond repair? 

He's never been known to play exciting football, he went to United, steadied the ship, helped push Rooney out of the club and he gave a chance to Rashford (who will be playing for United/England for the next decade). 

He hasn't had a job since and since United he's been treated like a bit of a joke by the average football fan. You just know if he was with us and done the exact same job, people would sympathise with him and say the fault lies with the player's for downing tools and the board for not backing him, then some gullable executive would have lapped it up and gave him another chance, like Levy and Woodward did.

Fernando likes this

9 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

Not this season. His been very average. He has even been dropped from the Spain squad because of his performances of late. Tactically Conte has been shocking all season, his actually not gotten any single game correct all season, that Atletico result is proving to be a fluke each passing week. 

Morata has hardly been great for the past month and yet he has been selected for Spain. So what’s up with that?

Given Spain are just playing friendlies and not WC qualifiers, I would hardly read too much into Azpi’s exclusion. Yes, he hasn’t been great but this is normally the time for the already qualified nations to test out some other players. Plus, I wouldn’t complain about our players not getting called up for international duty. Less risk of injury and fatigue and more time to rest and recuperate.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

This bit is interesting:

In Italy this week Conte had apparently been willing to accommodate his players’ plea for Cahill to operate on the right of the back three, a move they thought might stabilise the collective rearguard. As it turned out, Chelsea conceded after 38 seconds, were never secure and the captain, crestfallen, was hauled from the fray before the hour-mark. Questions on that tactical move prompted rather cryptic answers on Friday. “Those who must understand [do] understand,” said Conte. “He’s very good playing on the left. We won a league with Cahill in this position. I don’t understand why we have to try again to put him on the right but sometimes can happen a misunderstanding.”

17 hours ago, Tomo said:

Agreed, Roman out, Hicks and Gillett in :drunk:

Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal would be better. No alcohol.

Edit:12 hours later he got arrested. 😁

Tomo likes this

Fans should bring banners to the stand to show this man a support and to send clear message to our board.

This is our club, not theirs.

#WeWantFutureWithAntonio !

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

King11Didier likes this

10 hours ago, LAB said:

I feel this match is make or break for Conte. This is so sad if it happens.

Unless there has been a total meltdown in the relationship between Conte and Roman or the players, I don't see why we would sack him if we lost tomorrow. Scolari and especially AVB and Mourinho survived till March and December respectively when they managed a much worse season than Conte right now.

LAB, Tomo and King11Didier like this

20 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Why did he signed that new contract?

Because it gives him more money. It would be foolish to not sign it even if he's not planning to stay long-term.

quickpassnmove likes this

Antonio Conte: I 'earned my time' at Chelsea by winning title

Antonio Conte believes he deserves patience at Chelsea after last season's "miracle" Premier League title win.

http://www.espnfc.us/chelsea/story/3259278/antonio-conte-i-earned-my-time-at-chelsea-by-winning-title

Looks like Conte is nervous and begging for time. 

Yeah he is a dead man walking. 

Sadly the board continue to make mistakes after mistakes and they just put all the blame on the manager....

"If we think I click my fingers and we are ready to fight. It's not simple. Last season happened. A miracle.

"It was a miracle, because we had the same players that the season before finished 10th."

- Conte, pre Manchester United

Miracle is the word, yes. Glad he is thinking that way.

EDIT: AND, it's getting better:

Asked how Chelsea's "miracle" compares with Leicester's, Conte added: "Chelsea's name sometimes covers the miracle, only because your name is Chelsea."