The Conte Thread

12 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Maybe they wanted to leave, to play every week.

If we sign top quality players, they wouldn't want to play every week too?

11 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Tammy is better off at Swansea, Aina needed first team football & Loftus-Cheek could polish his skills at Palace.

Ake was sold because he wanted to be first option and Chalobah was fed up of waiting for first team opportunities. 

At least he seems to be keeping Christensen, Musonda and Boga as backups this season...

You have a point there but Conte can't complain about squad depth if he's the one unable to guarantee some of those players adequate playing time.

In any case, yes, Abraham, Aina and RLC need game time and are rightly sent out on loan. But for Ake and Chalobah, should we have done better to persuade them to stay? I guess in Ake's case, it's difficult since it's either him or Christensen. But Chalobah? Matic is gone and we have more games to play this coming season, surely there's a big role for him to play?

Get the feeling that Musonda and Boga are kept as backups because we are prioritizing other areas and aren't going to buy attacking players upfront.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

If we sign top quality players, they wouldn't want to play every week too?

You have a point there but Conte can't complain about squad depth if he's the one unable to guarantee some of those players adequate playing time.

In any case, yes, Abraham, Aina and RLC need game time and are rightly sent out on loan. But for Ake and Chalobah, should we have done better to persuade them to stay? I guess in Ake's case, it's difficult since it's either him or Christensen. But Chalobah? Matic is gone and we have more games to play this coming season, surely there's a big role for him to play?

Get the feeling that Musonda and Boga are kept as backups because we are prioritizing other areas and aren't going to buy attacking players upfront.

Chalobah's case is very interesting as the player himself and his agent came out and said that they moved to Watford to avoid another loan spell..

Surely that means one of 2 things.   Either  1) Conte didn't rate Chalobah as a backup DM  or   2) Chalobah wasn't convinced by the amount of playing time he would get, even with the Matic sale and he chose to leave in order to potentially put his hand up for a spot in future England squads. 

5 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Chalobah's case is very interesting as the player himself and his agent came out and said that they moved to Watford to avoid another loan spell..

Surely that means one of 2 things.   Either  1) Conte didn't rate Chalobah as a backup DM  or   2) Chalobah wasn't convinced by the amount of playing time he would get, even with the Matic sale and he chose to leave in order to potentially put his hand up for a spot in future England squads.

Or perhaps Conte isn't really keen on using youth players. The comment from him about young players aren't patient enough is just weird to say the least.

15 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Yeah let him depend on young players who have never played meaningful football in their careers to defend the premier league title and fight for the CL. Our board is failing this man. This is about our board not Conte failing to keep younger players. 

If the final result of this transfer window is a thin squad followed by the season of failure we're expecting as a consequence, I don't see a good reason for Antonio to stay here. I also don't see a good reason to keep watching this potential shit show myself. In other words, this series of events will be the last thing that completely breaks my interest in the club unless something changes at CFC. Again, this is contingent upon X, Y, and Z, but right now, it looks like X, Y, and Z will happen.

PRE-SEASON MINUTES (383 in total)

Azpilicueta 330, Cahill 330, Kante 315, Fabregas306, Moses 306, Batshuayi 297, Willian 282, David Luiz 271, Alonso 252, Courtois 226, Boga 211, Morata 99, Tomori 96, Caballero 93, Christensen 82, Baker 79, Pasalic 77, Remy 77, Pedro 73, Kenedy 70, Clarke-Salter 68, Scott 68, Eduardo 64, Kalas 61, Rudiger 42, C Musonda 31, Cuevas 7.

16 hours ago, Styles said:

He'll be gone by December.

You'll eat another humble pie in December and come back later with other ridiculous statements.

On 9/24/2016 at 10:31 PM, Styles said:

To be honest, Conte is just another 'shit on a stick football' merchant with no fresh ideas so in that sense I'm not even angry the board fucked him over.

22 hours ago, Jason said:

Ironic of him to say the squad is small when he opted not to keep some of the younger players.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Or perhaps Conte isn't really keen on using youth players. The comment from him about young players aren't patient enough is just weird to say the least.

You wrote here that Courtois was overrated and he was not learning. Do you think fans like you or the board has patience for young players?

Conte realistically speaks here. The squad quality and quantity does not match the ambitions.

14 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

You wrote here that Courtois was overrated and he was not learning. Do you think fans like you or the board has patience for young players?

Conte realistically speaks here. The squad quality and quantity does not match the ambitions.

Err, where did I say Courtois was overrated???

On 3/20/2016 at 0:23 AM, Jason said:

Starting to think he is overrated.

On 3/20/2016 at 7:18 AM, Jason said:

he has been making the same mistakes over and over and over again. Doesn't seem to be learning from it!

And of course this humble pie addict. 

On 3/19/2016 at 7:48 PM, Styles said:

This guy is just not a top goalkeeper. Every keeper would look world class hiding behind Atletico Madrid's defence and making the odd save every 5 games or so.

17 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

And of course this humble pie addict.

Christ! How does saying "starting to think" equate to making an outright statement on the point? And if you had even bothered reading the other posts in Courtois' thread during that time, you would know the main wasn't even about him being overrated. :doh:

46 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Someone described Chelsea managers as golden donkeys. Yes you'll be extremely well paid but will have to toe the hierarchy line and will have little or zero influence on most club matters.

I wish I was a golden donkey instead of a tinpot twat.