test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,779 posts in this topic
12 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Absolutely made my day reading those comments. Loved it when we signed Crespo, I won't ever forget that 90th min winner v Wigan!! Really went under the radar when we think of great strikers we had who actually put on a decent showing for us :lol:. Wouldn't go as far he saying he was underrated though. He was good at what he did. 

Agreed, and it always gets on my nerves when some say that he was a 'flop' here. What Crespo where you watching?!

kc_blue likes this

I can see us getting left behind in the transfer market with Conte being with Italy until 22nd June at the very earliest. Surely he's told someone who he'd like to be brought in, and who can move on?!

14 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

So much hate for Oscar it's unbelievable.Oscar is talented player he can be a really good but the biggest problem is no one used him properly.

He's been played out wide, the number 10 role and has featured in CM in some games....When you say he hasn't been used properly, do you think he will be any good as a LB or maybe a Striker?

MefiX19 and LDN Blue like this

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

He's been played out wide, the number 10 role and has featured in CM in some games....When you say he hasn't been used properly, do you think he will be any good as a LB or maybe a Striker?

Mourinho gave him to much defensive responsibilities even though he did very good in defence and Hiddink was clueless.Conte will get the best out of him.

Just now, Chelsea4 said:

Mourinho gave him to much defensive responsibilities even tho he did very good in defense and Hiddink was clueless.Conte will get the best out of him.

He was signed in 2012, he's been here 4 years....How can you explain nigh on 4 years of poor form under a number of managers.

Miki-Liki likes this

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Always had a feeling this would happen... Oscar had his 'Goalaso' moment when Conte was watching from the stands.

The best game he's ever played just had to be against Conte's team 4 years ago . :doh: I was actually enthusiastic about the new season, until I came across those news. :(

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

He was signed in 2012, he's been here 4 years....How can you explain nigh on 4 years of poor form under a number of managers.

Benitez,3 years of Mourinho and Hiddink.

6 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

So much hate for Oscar it's unbelievable.Oscar is talented player he can be a really good but the biggest problem is no one used him properly.

Gilvorak approves this.

Stats likes this

Where would Oscar even play? I think it's almost nailed on that Conte will play with either 3 in the middle of the pitch using a 4-3-3 or play with 2 strikers. That means no room for a player like Oscar who isn't effective out wide and is inferior to what we have already (nevermind who we'll sign) further back.

We could most definitely cash in on him for a nice return rather than keeping him as a squad player.

28 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Where would Oscar even play? I think it's almost nailed on that Conte will play with either 3 in the middle of the pitch using a 4-3-3 or play with 2 strikers. That means no room for a player like Oscar who isn't effective out wide and is inferior to what we have already (nevermind who we'll sign) further back.

We could most definitely cash in on him for a nice return rather than keeping him as a squad player.

He could come on the wing when we are leading, help defend the flank and press to keep us in the front foot, or he could come on when chasing a game and his pressing will help us keep the ball high up and chase an equalise, worked a treat vs Spurs.

As far as being the superstar we thought/hoped he can be, forget it, but depth has been a big issue for us since 2010, and would Oscar really be that bad a rotation player? Of course I wouldn't be upset if he was sold, but he does have some uses.

Blue_Fox_ likes this

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He could come on the wing when we are leading, help defend the flank and press to keep us in the front foot, or he could come on when chasing a game and his pressing will help us keep the ball high up and chase an equalise, worked a treat vs Spurs.

As far as being the superstar we thought/hoped he can be, forget it, but depth has been a big issue for us since 2010, and would Oscar really be that bad a rotation player? Of course I wouldn't be upset if he was sold, but he does have some uses.

This is the exact role Pedro can play and he's an actual, natural wide player. He's also much more likely to score goals than Oscar is these days.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This is the exact role Pedro can play and he's an actual, natural wide player. He's also much more likely to score goals than Oscar is these days.

Hat-trick vs Mk Dons :D
It's an unpopular opinion but I wouldn't mind keep him for depth, would be quite useful in cup games and against the bottom 3 in the league.

Started from the bottom now we're here.Started from the bottom now the whole team here.Transforms him into a soldier Capo One.