The Conte Thread

Then there is still no need to piss on your rich history and change the club's crest without letting the fans vote for different designs etc like City did.
They could've done the same as Rangers FC who also have the RFC letters on their shirts with the stars and the crest with the lion as their club logo but Juventus have completely removed their old logo for this weird J letter.
As an Italian football lover, I'm not a fan of it and so is the majority of the Juventus fans but I doubt them to come in action against it as Juventus have very few ultra fans. 
I do like this old logo with the Lion and the CFC letters very, very much (and the 2 stars):
6913209359_7b8a75bb04_b.jpg
But I hope we don't follow Juve and have weird CFC letters as official clublogo. But I fear many other teams will follow in the future. Modern-football crests...

747f04617d167a371d81b65dac4c2606.jpg
Look at mancitys crest they just went back to the past and picked it up so thiers isn't totally new

Sent from my SHV-E250K using Tapatalk

article-2373176-1AEFBD65000005DC-186_148x152.jpg

The reason we changed from this badge to the CFC with the stars in the 70's was that the badges were hand stitched and the women who sewed them on complained that they were too awkward to do. They weren't commercially available then so they would only have had to do a home and away strip with a few spares. My first ever Chelsea kit was just a generic blue football top and my mum sewed the badge on that was the same for kids whatever team you supported.. I had the blue shorts with the white seam and white socks that was all you could get at the time.

Football shirts started to be sold in sports shops in about 1975 I would guess. I bought our away kit (red !!) in 1977 from the supporters shop on the Fulham Road and I still have the top which I will try and upload one of these days.

If you look at the options above then our badge has really changed the most. We did have just the CFC initials intwined onto a shield in the 50s, weren't it Drake that did it?  I like that we went back to the Lion regardant - my signature, that originated with the Earl Cadogan the old club president and the staff its holding comes from the Abbot of Westminsters crest. But I dont understand the stars with it on shirt. Clubs used to have them for showing they had won summet, some trophy etc

On 19/1/2017 at 6:48 PM, BlueLyon said:

? He made remarkable squad of juve with that profit. Pirlo, Tevez, Vidal, Pogba to name a few. 

With italy, he came incredibly far considering Verratti, Marchisio were out. 

Marcos Alonso is one of reasons why we are as good as we are. He aint skilled famous player, but gets the job done. And Llorente will be second choice at best if he arrives.

Do people even understand that you cant have Costa quality striker as your backup?

I don't really know how English managers work there but Italian teams have general directors and sporting directors, and managers are coaches instead. Tevez, Vidal, Pogba and most of our market is Marotta and Paratici's job. About Pirlo, maybe Conte had some influence on his choice but most of all i think it was Buffon, Chiellini and the other national teammates. He insisted on the necessity of certain players like Eljero Elia, Giovinco who did not leave good memory at all. The first explicit reason he left Juventus in the first day of retreat in 2014 was the not-purchase of Cuadrado, whom Juve now have and i'm not sure he's really worth the money. 

In the national team he preferred the Giaccherini and Eder's alike players over less laboring and more quality ones. The same can be said about Marcos Alonso. These tactical players are very good for getting the wheels turning but they don't make you make a qualitative leap when it is needed in important matches 

It also must be said at Juventus' times Conte did not have the attracting players aura managers like Mourinho or Guardiola have, although he has started to create it - Vidal and many love him - and improving, but he does not look like he is deep in understanding others - i can't say it more appropriately now. 

He is super focused on the pitch. Asking him to do further work as it is needed to value purchasable players, and he is not either experienced at it, it is too much, although his deserved self esteem may let him believe otherwise. 

Just my two dark cents.

If you look at the options above then our badge has really changed the most. We did have just the CFC initials intwined onto a shield in the 50s, weren't it Drake that did it?  I like that we went back to the Lion regardant - my signature, that originated with the Earl Cadogan the old club president and the staff its holding comes from the Abbot of Westminsters crest. But I dont understand the stars with it on shirt. Clubs used to have them for showing they had won summet, some trophy etc

Well what i have been told and researched is that when a team wins the uefa he puts a star on top of his crest. but it is optional. Chelsea decided to add the star for their champions League win on top of the crest. But cant explain why mancity had three on the old crest maybe that accounted for them changing it back.

26 minutes ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

Well what i have been told and researched is that when a team wins the uefa he puts a star on top of his crest. but it is optional. Chelsea decided to add the star for their champions League win on top of the crest. But cant explain why mancity had three on the old crest maybe that accounted for them changing it back.

Must be the double

Let's go 9 clear tomorrow Mister...

His name's Antonio Conte,
He came to Chelsea,
He brought back David Luiz,
He means everything to me,
The road ahead is clear,
So tell me you can see,
We are going to win the title,
With Antonio Conte...!

(Napoli ultras): ALE ALE ALE....ALE ALE ALE!

'Conte a fantastic man but a maniacal coach' - Ravanelli

An ex-team-mate of the Chelsea boss at Juventus believes the Italian has everyone playing for him and is destined to lift the Premier League title

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/683/main/2017/01/21/31809032/-

On 11/01/2017 at 8:45 AM, BoyBlue96 said:

Mate I'm done with most of our fans, for the reason that most are plastic gloryhunting fuckers who only support us when we win (like I said in the Leicester-CFC topic) and for thinking we are going to try to sign Griezmann and Verratti in the january window.

Prior seasons Chelsea has invested quite heavily, I would say this naturally brings higher expectations but that was awhile back - plus not every team can break the bank like United have in recent years (quite odd for a club riddled in debt allegedly).

Every club has gloryhunters and people with their own agendas, believe me I also run a L2 teams fan site and I've seen many.

However, Chelsea in the last 2-3 seasons have spent wisely (although perhaps last season it should have been spent reinforcing the defence and finding a striker). For me this is a credit to what Conte is doing and he's not the type of manager to splash cash around. So I wouldn't worry about some people think, as each fan has different expectations and not all are real. I'm sure in recent weeks I've seen god knows who wanted at my club and we've ended up with Kevin Nolan. :D

Some would have had you believe Big Sam would have returned also. :o

Enjoy being successful for playing attractive football and having a team that pull their weight for you fans.