test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,608 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

We will not overreact to Conte's performance at the Euros. We will not overreact to Conte's performance at the Euros. We will not overreact to Conte's performance at the Euros. We will not overreact to Conte's performance.....We will not overreact....

In fact we should just lock this thread during the Euro's because the overreaction either positive/negative will be insufferable. As LvG showed after the World Cup, national team success isn't an automatic carryover to club success. 

He could win the tournament with the most spectacular football ever witnessed in the history of the championship and it would have absolutely zero bearing on his following stint as Chelsea head coach. I don't even understand how one would make such a link.

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

All 5 of Contes backroom boys have stepped down from their Italian duties. So we're getting the whole ensemble with him.

That'll cost the club, when Contes sacked after Christmas.....

What does this mean for the likes of Holland and co.?

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

12 minutes ago, DYC. said:

The club hierarchy back in February were trying to persuade Conte to keep Holland on. Have to see how successful they were,,,,

14 minutes ago, DYC. said:

He could win the tournament with the most spectacular football ever witnessed in the history of the championship and it would have absolutely zero bearing on his following stint as Chelsea head coach. I don't even understand how one would make such a link.

Get ready to see it. Chelsea supporters will be watching Conte with a microscope. 

That video from his post trail press conference makes him look like a scary dude! :D 

Imagine being a player getting screamed at by that! Looks like and Italian gangster straight out of the movies.

I can't remember where I heard it, but pretty sure one of the players did an interview recently (might have been Begovic) and said that they had a conversation with Conte in English and he already speaks the language well which will be a huge positive if true.

However, funnily enough I heard Ancelotti on TalkSport today and he said when he first came over and was still learning the language, he told the players that when he was angry with something he would shout at them in Italian so even though they might not know what he was saying, he could fully express his mood and feelings and they would be able from that to understand how angry he was. So I'm sure there are ways in which Conte can show that fire and passion to the players at times, even if he isn't fluent enough in English to start with.

Style of play  ( real-beautiful football, offensive) ,we research that from Antonio Conte. Parking the bus isn't a style of play that we was accustom as Blues Boys at the past.

I think we'll be the dark horses next season tbh.

The media will be jizzing their pants over Guardiola/Mourinho rivalry and the Mancs.

Kloop is not far behind after taking Liverpol to two finals in his first six(seven?) months.

Pochettino and Ranieri build a great image for themseleves after last season and there'll be expectations too.

Tbf I don't know what to say about Wenger. :D 

And Conte is.. the guy who hasn't managed a club in 2 seasons and we'll start to work with us after the Euro's. 

So I hope we'll just continue to fly under the radar and see what happens. :)

Fernando likes this

I don't see why you are so pessimistic.

This time last year this was a title-winning squad. It just need a few improvements and to be taken to the right direction.

Maybe I over-exaggerate about title contenders but to no to be in top 4? Leicester and Tottenham overachieved last season and I doubt they'll be in the same positions they were last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

commilin likes this

20 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

This time last year this was a title-winning squad. It just need a few improvements and to be taken to the right direction.

Maybe I over-exaggerate about title contenders but to no to be in top 4? Leicester and Tottenham overachieved last season and I doubt they'll be in the same positions they were last year.

Lol yes you are right this was a title-winning squad, they had a break for the summer and died. The same squad, the same manager, the same system didn't work, Arsenal didn't change much minus Cech and boom they were 2nd we ended up 10th.

Fulham Broadway and Muzchap like this

And I blame it on the guy who signed with the super big club today. :)

2 hours ago, Madmax said:

For me it is absurd to talk of us as contenders or dark horses or whatever. Without significant improvements to the glaring holes that this team has, I doubt we're getting top 4. As good a manager as Conte is, this is his first outing outside Italy as player or manager and there will be adaptability issues in play. The guy doesn't have a magic wand.

And to be honest, the names we seem closer to right now (Lukaku, Rudiger, Cuadrado etc) are not giving me confidence.

My exact feelings. I have supreme confidence that if Conte can build his team he'll have us back where we should be. The club has to show me that they're serious about their ambitions before I can be truly excited.

47 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

Because there is so much that need improving and wonder if we actually will.was confident start of last season till pre season started then became clear we had issues that never stopped really.

I don't think we'll be title contenders for a while but hopefully the board will realise changes are needed and give the support to do so

Ledgi and Blue_Fox_ like this