The Conte Thread

On 5/17/2016 at 3:23 PM, Parky said:

Oscar must be sold. I have never known such an overrated player that only should be playing in a Championship side. Not keen on Cuadrado either. He had a decent season in Italy but I don't see any real qualities in him except his pace. Please don't get me started on Ivanovic. He alone is enough for me to stop watching our games due to excessive stress. I rather play see Conte play youth and invest in 3-6 quality players. 

All everyone does on here is complain about him. I really don't think he even qualifies for 'overrated'.

9 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Do you guys think what happens at the EURO will be indicative of how he does for us?

Or that's overblown like Van Gaal with Netherlands? 

The Euros is a tournament, not a weekly grind like the league. Not to mention, it's not the same group of players that he'll be managing here. What he does in the Euros will have no bearing on what he'll do next season, unless you look at in-game adjustments. Even then, it's not the same players and not the same circumstances.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

All everyone does on here is complain about him. I really don't think he even qualifies for 'overrated'.

I would say overrated in the sense that he keeps playing despite his performances. If Conte can get him to be more tactically aware, I can see Oscar becoming a valuable substitute to come into matches and make an impact. Let's not forget that he's 24. He's not old, but he's not young anymore. I give him this season to develop some intelligence and if that doesn't happen, it'll be time to ship him out.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

It will have no bearing whatsoever. As Di Matteo showed club knockout football can't be compared with league, let alone international knock out, the dynamics are so different.

But don't expect that to stop people coming in here declaring him a flop if Italy exit before the quarters and/or suffer a defeat by more than two goals at any point.

Id like to say it wouldn't happen, but it will, and Chelseafan26 (aka Didierforever) will be back on a new account by then to stoke the fire.

Please no! Anything but that! 

Fitness and intensity will be key-Antonio Conte

The Azzurri have started preparing for EURO 2016 in Coverciano. “The players who aren’t here and have no games left and can enjoy their vacations,” said manager Antonio Conte during today’s press conference. The first phase will not see the involvement of players involved in domestic cup finals (players from AC Milan, Juventus, Paris Saint Germain, Manchester United and Anderlecht).

On 31st May Conte and will announce the definitive 23-man squad for EURO 2016. Until that day, all potential Azzurri will have the opportunity to convince him they deserve to go to France. “The injuries to Verratti and Marchisio are obviously a big blow for us. We have been working on a formation with two central midfielders and their absence isn’t going to help. We can count on Juventus’ defence though, so we will have to start from there.” Conte also made his stance on Leonardo Bonucci clear, the defender had been called up for the camp, but Juventus decided not to send him: “They had the right to stop him from attending this training camp, so you shouldn’t make a big story out of it. I have a good relationship with Juventus.”

The Azzurri coach knows what he is expecting from his players in France: “I need a tight-knit squad at the European Championship. We will work hard to reach the level of fitness and intensity necessary. Everyone who knows me, knows that I am totally focused on the job with Italy. We know it will not be easy, but we will try our best to find the right solutions.”

Conte will have ten days and the friendly against Scotland in Malta on 29th May to make up his mind: “We still have a couple of decisions left to make. We’ve been monitoring all the players in the squad intensively and we will assess all players at hand. These days will be very important for me and for the squad too.”

Conte also revealed his position on the Calcioscommesse inquest’s verdict that cleared him of any wrongdoing: “I am obviously very relieved. It’s difficult to see it as a happy end though, because the last four years have been terrible. I simply can’t forget the buzz in the media, all those tv programmes, what people said and thought, my home was searched at five in the morning. This experience will scar me for life. I did all I could to finally get to a verdict, and now it’s here.”

vivoazzuro.it

Capture.PNG

I think that A. Conte (Italian) our Manager must Sign A. Conte (France Born French Guinean) The Football Player [Plays for French Side : Stade de Reims] .Just for taking the piss and say he is My Son. I also think he could be a great or good enough player for us.

Antonio Conte - Italian Manager.jpg

Antoine Conte - French Footballer.jpg

Antoine Conte (Manager) - http://www.transfermarkt.com/antonio-conte/profil/trainer/3517

Antoine Conte (born 29 January 1994 in Paris, France) is a French footballer of Guinean origin who currently plays for Reims. He plays as centre back. He made his debut in the Ligue 1 on 1 February against Toulouse. He replaced Mamadou Sakho after 76 minutes.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/antoine-conte/profil/spieler/181373

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Conte

Mirror-Antonio Conte will look to wingers to restore Chelsea's lustre, says former team-mate Angelo Di Livio

Antonio Conte will look to his wide men to restore Chelsea ’s sheen after a ­season of misery for the ­deposed Champions.All of which could make keeping Eden Hazard at Stamford Bridge priority number one for the Italian when he arrives in England after Euro 2016.That’s the view of Angelo Di Livio, who knows the new Chelsea boss better than most having played alongside him for both Juventus and the Italian national team.Hazard has had a miserable ­season after winning the 2015 PFA Player of the Year award.He cut a disillusioned figure as Chelsea’s fortunes slid in the final days of Jose Mourinho’s second reign as boss and looked a shadow of the player who inspired the club to the Premier League title the previous season.

The 25-year-old’s only goals ­before April came in a Belgian shirt or in the FA Cup. The previous season he had netted 15 times as Chelsea romped to the title.Hazard was expected to be one of the first players out of the door this summer.But four goals in the club’s last five Premier League matches coupled with a general up-turn in form under Guus Hiddink have led to a reported U-turn by club and player.Hazard is thought to be keen to work under the Italian – and Di Livio ­believes the way Conte sets up his teams could make Hazard indispensable.

“At the beginning of his career at Juve, he (Conte) told the media that he didn’t like to play out wide and that he didn’t have fun there,” says the former Italy star. “Marcello Lippi publicly scolded him and since that ­moment Conte ­embraced his new role despite not liking it.“This says a lot about someone who now ­emphasises the importance of wide players in his teams.“It’s a real lynchpin of his system. When you become a coach, you understand these things even better.”

Conte will begin his role at Stamford Bridge following the conclusion of the European Championships in France.And working for Chelsea could prove some light relief after working with an Italy side which has been in decline since reaching the last European Championships final.There are plenty of Azzurri ­supporters who could never look past Conte’s Juventus links.

But Di Livio said: “He is having double sessions of English. And despite having problems with most supporters in Italy because of his Juventus allegiance, I am sure that Italians will want him to do well.“In a similar fashion to what is happening now with Claudio Ranieri at Leicester.”

mirror.co.uk

6 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

What do you guys think about this lineup? If Bonucci doesn't come then sign Koulibaly so we have young French partnership at central back.

YtA6nAv.png

Looks good although in a 4-4-2 both CMs need to be good defensively, Cesc there In a 2 would worry me.

8 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

What do you guys think about this lineup? If Bonucci doesn't come then sign Koulibaly so we have young French partnership at central back.

Oh, are Asamoah and Bonucci actually linked or is that merely conjecture? Oh, I'd take the latter without a thought! Marvellous technical skills for a defender.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Looks good although in a 4-4-2 both CMs need to be good defensively, Cesc there In a 2 would worry me.

Fabregas would make this suicidal indeed.

Reckon that even with a second strong CM this would be pretty bad defensively. It's arithmetic as we'd be playing with 3 pure attackers: 2 forwards + hazard. Or from a diff POV, with 3 players who cannot defend to save their lives.

I just can't imagine Hazard playing LW.

I just wonder if he's given the club a list of targets already or has been completely focused only on Italy until after the Euro's. We risk the prices skyrocketing even further if a player we want has a great tournament.