test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,690 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Just been named MOTM for December.:D October, November and now December.

Live long and Blue lets hope

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte wins December manager-of-the-month award

Video

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/chelsea/10727247/conte-honoured-by-award

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte poses with the Premier League manager-of-the-month award

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10726960/chelsea-boss-antonio-conte-wins-december-manager-of-the-month-award

Johnnyeye likes this

https://www.premierleague.com/news/305129

Many congrats to Conte for winning a 3rd straight manager of the month award, thoroughly well deserved, first manager in the history of the premier league to win three in a row, simply amazing, we just keep on making history :D

just a shame Costa didnt win player of the month, because i think he deserved it more, but Ibra had a great month and helped United recover, congrats to him.

kellzfresh likes this

, First manager in the history of the premier league to win three in a row,

Thats the bit thats totally amazing. After such a short time in a league he had no experience whatsoever. Its crazy.

I know it sounds cheesey but just imagine what he can do with some time and getting some players HE wants and WE need. Lets hope he keeps his run going! 4 on the trot would blow everyones minds!

kellzfresh, manpe and Johnnyeye like this

1 hour ago, manpe said:

When we were linked to both Allegri and Conte, I said I preferred Allegri. This just proves how stupid I am, I kick myself every day for having unsubstantiated opinions.

Allegri is just profiting off Conte's work at Juventus.

I am everything but amazed at what Allegri has done at Juventus so far. 2 Scudetto's in a row or not.

the wes and Johnnyeye like this

Just like mourinho did with Ranieri at chelsea ?? 

...Mourinho is the better manager and already did great things at Porto. Allegri is nothing special. Won one scudetto at his time in Milan but nothing more and when Conte came to Juve, Milan went down. Not necessarily because of Allegri, but he couldn't turn the tide whereas Conte could at Juventus who finished low in the Serie A table the previous years.

11 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

He said he didnt know if Costa would have been available if he was fit?

I thought he said he didnt know if Costa would be fit for the next game.

Sir Mikel OBE likes this

I'd be happy if someone could find records of any other team in the Premier League, Italy, or Spain having 12 clean sheets out of 15 or so games. I haven't heard of such streaks personally. Not from Barcelona, Bayern, United, etc. The only 2 teams that I imagine could've achieved this in modern times is City/Juve, but, I see nothing online.

Unionjack likes this

6 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

I thought he said he didnt know if Costa would be fit for the next game.

Hmmm ok. Have to make sure with the language barrier. Sometime its easy to get things twisted that way.

It sounded bad listening to it when the guy kept pressing him about would he play if he didnt have any fitness issues and Conte just said "He didnt know".

He's like the friendly, warm Mafia boss. He's like a dad to you. He always showers you in compliments, cars, motivation. But you can see that in those eyes, that if you do cross him, it's nothing to him to have you disposed. He feels so confident in his own shoes that if you were half an inch from his eyelids he wouldn't blink. He knows that before anyone even touches him, he has power over them. What a boss. I want to come up with a Conte tattoo that isn't stupid. It's gonna be hard but will be done.

Blue Gino, Unionjack and !Hazard! like this

Just give Antonio a contract for life. I'm over the moon with the way he has handled buisness. From the players, staff and media, this club has the look and feel of a family and what a statement by Conte's men today in the face of fake news attempts by fan boy journalists of other clubs trying desperately to unsettle them. Media took a fat L today. 

DDA and Fernando like this

19 minutes ago, Leif said:

He's like the friendly, warm Mafia boss. He's like a dad to you. He always showers you in compliments, cars, motivation. But you can see that in those eyes, that if you do cross him, it's nothing to him to have you disposed. He feels so confident in his own shoes that if you were half an inch from his eyelids he wouldn't blink. He knows that before anyone even touches him, he has power over them. What a boss. I want to come up with a Conte tattoo that isn't stupid. It's gonna be hard but will be done.

I haven't answered my own question here, but the longest PL streak at least, was 9 games by United, I'm not sure when. We didn't manage that, we got 6 games without conceding. But still, 12 cleanies out of 15, not sure if anyone else has gone quite that far.