The Conte Thread

On a few rival forums, I kept reading Guardiola was the better manager in our bout, because they dominated the game per say. But truly, the team which changes their formation just so they can compete with you, kinda loses by default. When they literally lose, that's compounded. It IS part of being a great coach, knowing when to park the bus, knowing when not to take the game to a team. It takes confidence to be reserved. Guardiola showed no confidence by throwing the kitchen sink at us, it simply showed his desperation and lack of belief in his usual team when up against us. We're the team to beat, and I can't picture us not winning the league. 

Every press conference makes me like him more and more (if that were even possible) He stays focused and motivated about the next game ahead, refuses to speculate on transfers, lineups, or issues. Speaks about the players in positive light and gives whatever small updates on injuries are needed.

We are so lucky. 

On 12/8/2016 at 11:28 AM, Muzchap said:

The only reason the net transfer spend is lower is because the small northern club had to sell its best players, much like the other small London club who sold their best player and spanked the money everywhere. 

As for numbers of signings - sure Klopp is way ahead - but years without winning anything has forced him to buy young talent which is unproven cheaply - it's a gamble - until you actually win something - it's still work in progress... 

Klopp is a good manager - no doubt about it - but do you really think Liverpool have the ability to win? Mentally the team is useless - look what happened at Bournemouth 

i get you like trolling - but seriously come back when you win something 😂😂😂

Well congrats, the police will be knocking on your door soon. That's what you get for murder.

On 12/8/2016 at 7:25 AM, Leif said:

On a few rival forums, I kept reading Guardiola was the better manager in our bout, because they dominated the game per say. But truly, the team which changes their formation just so they can compete with you, kinda loses by default. When they literally lose, that's compounded. It IS part of being a great coach, knowing when to park the bus, knowing when not to take the game to a team. It takes confidence to be reserved. Guardiola showed no confidence by throwing the kitchen sink at us, it simply showed his desperation and lack of belief in his usual team when up against us. We're the team to beat, and I can't picture us not winning the league. 

You have way more confidence than me brother. I still feel like we'll implode sometime come February/March, and this season will mirror the 2013/14 Season with City winning out in the end. 

I look at the lack of depth we have in several positions, more so WBs and in CM, and can't get it out of my head that an injury crisis to either department, and we're royally fucked. Just this bad feeling I have, because I look at the work that Conte has done the way these past 2 months have gone in particular, and it all feels too good to be true. 

18 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

You have way more confidence than me brother. I still feel like we'll implode sometime come February/March, and this season will mirror the 2013/14 Season with City winning out in the end. 

I look at the lack of depth we have in several positions, more so WBs and in CM, and can't get it out of my head that an injury crisis to either department, and we're royally fucked. Just this bad feeling I have, because I look at the work that Conte has done the way these past 2 months have gone in particular, and it all feels too good to be true. 

Two ways to simplify it:

1) we're currently over-achieving due to an excellent management team  --over-achieving because we DO lack quality and depth across the formation -AND- because we are only in ONE competition currently.

2) we're not ready to be the side that can play how it wants home/away -AND- with a load of European matches added

As for collapsing in the 2nd half of the season: it's possible, but I imagine we get some players in the January window. Tottenham, Arsenal, and ManCity still represent strong competition for the title IMO, but we'll see how well the Stokes, West Broms, Watfords and EVertons hold it together in the 2nd half; usually, they don't.

1 hour ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Yes an injury crisis would fuck us but that's the case with any club, our medical department have been brilliant for years we haven't had a serious crisis since 2010 what's the odds of that changing now?

8 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Two ways to simplify it: 1) we're currently over-achieving due to an excellent management team  --over-achieving because we DO lack quality and depth across the formation -AND- because we are only in ONE competition currently.

2) we're not ready to be the side that can play how it wants home/away -AND- with a load of European matches added

As for collapsing in the 2nd half of the season: it's possible, but I imagine we get some players in the January window. Tottenham, Arsenal, and ManCity still represent strong competition for the title IMO, but we'll see how well the Stokes, West Broms, Watfords and EVertons hold it together in the 2nd half; usually, they don't.

You think we're overachieving?  What I know is that Man City is extremely underperforming and all depends on them really. Their squad is stupidly good but the rest of the pack is pretty even. We're playing to our normal level staying in the race with the likes of Liverpool, Manchester United,  Tottenham, Arsenal  and currently getting upper hand on them but getting above Man City may be punching above our weight. 

We have two reliable sources of goals and have solid structure and I read on this forum sometime ago that's a recipe for success. It is.

3 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

You think we're overachieving?  What I know is that Man City is extremely underperforming and all depends on them really. Their squad is stupidly good but the rest of the pack is pretty even. We're playing to our normal level staying in the race with the likes of Liverpool, Manchester United,  Tottenham, Arsenal  and currently getting upper hand on them but getting above Man City may be punching above our weight.

We have two reliable sources of goals and have solid structure and I read on this forum sometime ago that's a recipe for success. It is.

I think we are performing a little bit better than expected, a win against westbrom and we have more points than in our title winning season and on course for 90+ points. 

I think we are performing WAY MUCH BETTER than *I* expected.

Never in my life I expected us to be in the position we are, playing the way we are. All merits to Conte.

We are where we should be as a club, considering our size, but some steps above based on the squad we have. Despite the additions to the squad in Kante, Alonso, Luiz - as regular starters and the incorporation of Moses in the lineup, I still believe we have an average team with five special players: Costa, Eden, Kante, Azpi and Courtois. It might look like a decent number as this makes almost half the team, but really isn't. We have average players everywhere else and our bench is even worse.

On his day Cesc is special, and Luiz has been playing really, really, really well. But neither could play in the best teams in Europe, and probably not even in the best teams in England.

It is overachieving imo. Even more so than the title we won 2 years ago.

6 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Your latter paragraph is absolutely correct. The PL simply put, is a Striker's league, always has, always will be. And ours is on fuckin fire. But we have absolutely no goal threat CM, none. 

Hazard and Pedro simply have to be a consistent source of goals if we are to have a serious title challenge. Costa has 11 goals, Hazard 8, And everyone else has 3 or less. 

And Matic, Kante, Moses, Willian, Cesc, are simply NOT known for their goal scoring. 

When we won the PL title two years ago, the top goal scorers in PL were: Costa-20, Hazard-14, Drogba & Remy (combined)= 11goals, Oscar = 6. So thats 45 goals from our Forwards, and 6 from CM. 

Unless Pedro gets 11, idk who else becomes our 3rd goal scoring threat, because we also don't play with 2 Strikers either. May just have to hope Costa stays healthy and is put in a position to net 30 goals. Which would be a Herculean effort from him, but not out of the question. 

Dybala/Griezmann needed immediately in the summer. Or some other WC option to play RF. 

20 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

On 08/12/2016 at 0:25 PM, Leif said:

382.gif