test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,779 posts in this topic
4 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Insigne played the last two friendlies, Bonaventura couldn't because of sickness, but trained with the team. Parolo is solid-ish, and yes Montolivo should be nowhere near a national team shirt :) 8 times out of 10 Conte can get it right so far for me.

Ok I'll go with your word, we will se how they do in euros :)

27 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

And it does seem no manager wants to take a gamble because of the pressure that they'll be if it doesnt pay off.Hiddink should've as no pressure but hey.

Got a huge huge huge job to do!

Absolutely spot on!! Maybe managers should be given a two-three year insurance otherwise it can really get disadvantageous for the youth especially in the premier league

probably couldn't have a better man for the job, a history of rebuilding. and isn't simple minded enough to stick with a formation

i really do have high hopes

MefiX19 likes this

Let's hope (pray) he's able to personally convince Bonucci to make the move to Chelsea. He's the only type of CB you can buy that'll instantly improve our back 4. No more cheap penny pinching and looking for deals. Pay what it takes and get a proper JT successor.

kellzfresh and xPetrCechx like this

Just now, Pizy said:

Let's hope (pray) he's able to personally convince Bonucci to make the move to Chelsea. He's the only type of CB you can buy that'll instantly improve our back 4. No more cheap penny pinching and looking for deals. Pay what it takes and get a proper JT successor.

Time to buy a few Proper (Expensive) Players.

CB,ST,RW,MC and maybe a LB.

Keep the faith lads! The season will most likely be won (or lost) come summer, and even if we disappoint in attaining the proper players, Conte will have full weeks to train with the team. 

For some reason, I've been very optimistic that things will be much much better next season. And I don't expect Ivan, JT, Oscar and one of Matic/Mikel to be crucial members of the team come August. There's no way more than 4 players are permanently leaving our Stating XI next season, so just need suitable replacements/challengers to be brought in to push everybody to their max. 

But just for the record, there is no doubt Conte and all of Roman's cronies got their work cut out for them this summer. Let's see how it goes.  

MefiX19 and Eidur the Spider like this

14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I can't cannot get excited by this bloke arriving considering the amount of change that is needed for him to even succeed. 

Forget succeed, to compete! 

We need to change half our team just to to think about finishing in the top 4. 

51 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I can't cannot get excited by this bloke arriving considering the amount of change that is needed for him to even succeed. 

Following these last few months, I feel this club has been damaged so severely, that if you take into account the inspiration given by Leicester's title success, it's going to take presumably a lot more than a season to re-build our side to attain future positive fortunes. 

Some of you may have an opposite opinion, but 6th place is a possible improvement on next season, then after that possibly a top four finish. If we can squeeze in a cheeky Carling Cup/FA Cup win somewhere in between, I'd call that improvement, but we'd still have a long way to go!

This group (bar a couple), is simply stale, fruitless, and uninspiring to watch! I'm in two minds on whether to even get myself to watch the Liverpool game in mid-week because I know what's coming! 

But as loyal supporters.. you live with the club, and die with the club. Sounds like a contradiction, but it's the truth!

4 hours ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

Poor guy leave his national team job to work which a bunch of turds. Finishing in the top 10 next year will be a marvel.

Your crystal ball tell you that story... If you got the numbers of the next lottery gives me please.

crystal.PNG