The Conte Thread

Today Chelsea FC is delighted to appoint Antonio Conte as our new First Team Head Coach.

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Antonio Conte as First Team Head Coach.

Conte, who is currently the manager of the Italy national side, has signed a three-year contract. He will begin work in London following his country’s participation in this summer’s Euro 2016 tournament.

The 46-year-old said: ‘I am very excited about the prospect of working at Chelsea Football Club. I am proud to be the coach of the national team of my country and only a role as attractive as manager of Chelsea could follow that.

'I am looking forward to meeting everyone at the club and the day-to-day challenge of competing in the Premier League.

'Chelsea and English football are watched wherever you go, the fans are passionate and my ambition is to have more success to follow the victories I enjoyed in Italy.

'I am happy we have made the announcement now so everything is clear and we can end the speculation. I will continue to focus on my job with the Italian national team and will reserve speaking about Chelsea again until after the Euros.’

Conte will be the fifth Italian to manage Chelsea, following on from Gianluca Vialli, Claudio Ranieri, Carlo Ancelotti and Roberto Di Matteo. In common with the first three of those names, he was formerly at Juventus, in his case as both a player and a manager.

Having played more than 400 games for the Italian giants, Conte’s three years in charge of the team between 2011 and 2014 yielded three straight Serie A titles - Juventus’s first league championships in eight years and their first three-in-a-row since the early 1930s. They had finished seventh the two seasons prior to Conte.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/04/conte-appointed.html

There was one Italian success story this year (Ranieri).
Lat's hope he can make it.
I don't agree with Cuadrado come back.
His amazing resurrection with Juve does not guarantee he can do it here. More likely than not, he is not suited by the premier,

While it's definitely exciting to finally have it announced, it's hard for me to get super hyped yet until we start signing players that will make me confident about the future. I have to know that the club won't force him to "do it with the same squad."

Conte: "I am very excited about the prospect of working at Chelsea Football Club."

Conte: "I am proud to be the coach of the national team of my country and only a role as attractive as manager of Chelsea could follow that"

Conte: "I am looking forward to meeting everyone at the club and the day-to-day challenge of competing in the Premier League."

Conte: "Chelsea and English football are watched wherever you go, the fans are passionate and my ambition is to have more success to follow"

Conte: "I am happy we have made the announcement now so everything is clear and we can end the speculation."

Conte: "I will continue to focus on my job with the Italian national team and will reserve speaking about Chelsea again until after the Euros."