Gianluigi Donnarumma

milka

Now with Alisson gone Donnarumma is probably the best available option left, and for a reasonable price (approx €40/45m). 

The problem might be he has a huge salary plus a useless brother who will come with him.

From a football point of view he can make unbelievable saves and awful mistakes in the same game. Actually there have been too many mistakes only in his last season, more than Tibo has in his whole short career.

Two season ago no one would have chosen Alisson over him, the first one was a bench warmer in Roma while Donnarumma the highest-rated young goalkeeper in the Europe (he could still be up there).

Last few things: worse than Tibo with his feet, a real calamity, Sarri called him a sensational goalkeeper when Napoli played AC Milan this season (Donnarumma made a couple of incredible saves that day).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's basically a younger Courtois. Massive, great shot stopper, commands his area well. Same weaknesses, though, by the look of it. Not a ball player. At only 19 with loads of time to develop he's worth a shot but as has been mentioned in the Alisson thread, he's got that cunt of an agent Raiola.

Mio Raiola sta lavorando con la Roma e spera di sbloccare l’operazione Areola, le alternative sono Olsen e Cillessen. L’agente ha fatto un tentativo con il club giallorosso, proponendo Donnarumma, ma è stato subito respinto per l’altissimo ingaggio del portiere rossonero. Il futuro di Gigio? E’ nella lista del Chelsea, che deve prima prendere un nuovo numero uno e poi manderà Courtois al Real, e resiste una timida opzione Psg (già memorizzata) per i rapporti tra Raiola e il club francese.

Mio Raiola is working with Roma and hopes to unlock the Areola operation, the alternatives are Olsen and Cillessen. The agent made an attempt with the Giallorossi club, proposing Donnarumma, but was immediately dismissed for the high level of the Rossoneri's goalkeeper. The future of Gigio? He is on Chelsea's list, who must first take a new number one and then send Courtois to Real, and resist a timid Psg option (already memorized) for the relations between Raiola and the French club.

For me the difference between him and Courtois is that he seems a bit comfortable with the ball at his feet compared to Courtois. He occasionally tries beaten a player rushing towards him. 

Secondly I don't see him having weakness so far. Yes he has mistakes but mistakes can be corrected over time weakness can't really. As for Courtois, the opposite has a weakness of getting to ground balls quickly but little to non mistakes. Thats how he is able to concede three low played shots goal, two of which go through his legs by messi last season. I would still prefer we try to keep Courtois after all based on the last world cup, he is the best keeper on the planet.  

If we should sell it should be above $60m

If the shortlist for our next keeper is indeed Donnarumma, Schmeichael, and Cech then I'd bring in Donnarumma. The other two would be too big of a downgrade in my opinion. Donnarumma is so young that he can only get better with top class coaching. KS and Cech are already 30+ and will only decline.

Cech in particular is years past his best. How terrible would it look if Arsenal bin Cech because he's not good enough for them and we then bring him back?

I wouldn`t be against signing Donnarumma and one of Kasper or Petr.the latter could be a player/GK coach..the former somebody for competition to start until Donnarumma is ready to start the majority of games,which he may be ready but would be good insurance.

it`s worth remembering we signed Cech from Rennes and Courtois from Genk..examples of at times arguably the best keepers in the world signed from 2 small clubs a reminder with good scouting we don`t need to make big time splashes in the transfer market to get big time talent..there is probably some gems out there but alas we are short of time and we don`t have a great set up at the moment to find such talent. 

Really not sold on Donnarumma. He was pretty poor last season and there is always a worry that he hasn't yet followed up on his early career promise. 

To be honest I don't see anything particularly standout that may be available, and nothing near the standard that Courtois is at. Donnarumma and Schmeichel would likely cost more than what we'd get for Courtois. I understand the contract situation, but paying out more money to get weaker does not sound enticing.

With that in mind, I would rather us go for someone like Butland in that situation who we could probably get fairly cheap with Stoke getting relegated (probably around £20m and one of our good young players on loan for the season perhaps). He'll either make the step up, or if he's deemed not good enough in a year's time we haven't wasted too much money on him and would likely recoup our money back, which may not happen with more expensive options.

There has to be a valid argument though for keeping Courtois because the money we get for him will have to be reinvested in a replacement anyway which may not be one highly valued and thought of at the club. Also missing out on the Champions League again could cost so much more.

Alphonse Areola at PSG in same situation as Courtois last year of contract - i saw links with him but that was through his agent which is none other than Riola. He cant be more than 25m euros - he could be another option to replace Courtois, difference being Donnarumma much younger hasn't even turned 20 yet

This guy pulls saves out of nowhere. He is a top shot stopper. What's his handling like on corners and crosses? Can he spray balls around like Andrea Pirlo??

1 minute ago, bluesman2610 said:

Alisson was unknown at his age

Alisson was virtually unknown in Europe until he started playing every week for Roma last season.

26 minutes ago, the wes said:

Kepa Arrizabalaga is a good keeper we should go in for him 

Think this would be an excellent move in all fairness, hes not regarded as big a talent as Donnarumma but I think hes better than him at present. Good with his feet too obviously, which is clearly a plus point for Sarri, although he is maybe not as good at commanding his area or reflex saves as Courtois, not 100% sure.  

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You