test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Parky

Tactics/Formations thread

Started by Parky,

149 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Jason said:

You're optimistic that Conte will stay beyond this season...

And not only Conte!

Whoever the manager is, would members of this forum like us to play 3-4-3, or move to a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 next season? I ruled out 352 because it's so defensive, and I'm torn as to whether to stick with a back three, or change it up. On one hand, a back four would give us more a balance in midfield and on the flanks. On the other, if there is any chance of us keeping Eden Hazard next season (I think he'll go regardless, but just for arguments sake), it might be better to play him in a role where he has more freedom to express himself, without having to worry about tracking back.

Sick and tired of constantly playing 3 CBs even when fucking losing, even against championship teams and relegation fodder. We have no tactical flexibility and are so predictable. I want to see us being a 2 CB team again ASAP, with these players having the ability to switch to 3 CB when needed being a bonus.

I have read a few of these write ups about Sarris style of play and theres no doubtung that it is a very exciting style and I would dearly love us to play in this way.

But what worries me is that we wont be able to implement this overnight and it will take us awhile to learn it - as well as changing some members of the 1st team as well as the bench. Do we have the right players to do it? And if Roman doesn't change his mindset we will be sitting here again next summer (or January) looking to get yet another manager thru our turnstiles.

But fingers crossed that Sarri can get into our players heads and can get them working as well as the Napoli team are looking.

Tactical profile of Maurizio Sarri

https://www.esdfanalysis.com/manager-analysis/tactical-profile-maurizio-sarri/