test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Parky

Tactics/Formations thread

Started by Parky,

158 posts in this topic
18 hours ago, BlueLion said:

3-4-2-1 is just outrageously Italian, isn't it? Would turn us into defensive juggernauts again. 

Don't see it happening. Conte's smart, he'll trial 3 at the back in periodic ways.. To try from the off, while ballsy, would be dangerous. Especially with player not used to it. 

Preseason will be a determining factor. Looks like that Champions Cup thing might be a bit more popular than last year..

5 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Don't see it happening. Conte's smart, he'll trial 3 at the back in periodic ways.. To try from the off, while ballsy, would be dangerous. Especially with player not used to it. 

Preseason will be a determining factor. Looks like that Champions Cup thing might be a bit more popular than last year..

Why not? When we attack, we're basically playing that exact formation anyway:

Courtois

Cahill - Covering CDM,i.e. Mikel - Terry

Ivanovic - the deeper of the AMs, i.e. Oscar - Fabregas - Azpilicueta

Willian - Hazard 

Costa

I can't see us playing 3 at the back, honestly.

Unfortunately this season unless they are young players, we will be unable to buy much world class talent without champion's league football.

I expect that we will mostly stick; maybe if Vidal really wants to come . Maybe bring a few loanees such as Ake in, and actually play RLC.

Have to say I actually prefer Dave on the left; but with the departure of Eden inevitable in my opinion, Kenedy's overlaps there are of great value. Ake should go in the engine room, CDM.

For me, Costa stays. He loves it here and I'm not having it that he wants out.

Begovic

Dave  Zouma  Terry  Kenedy

Fabregas

Mikel        Ake

Traore                  Willian

Costa

I'm personally not on the bring-Christensen-back brigade just yet - unless it's for Cahill, because Terry is not ready to go yet, and if the rumours are to be believed, that's surely what the new boss will think come June.

If we do play 3-5-2 formation were the Fuck is hazard going to go?? There's no way hazard could play has a wing-back 

WE will not play 3-5-2, stop obsessing about it. 

Conte only played 3-5-2 because it was the formation that suited Juventus's players. The reason he left Juventus is he wanted to buy wingers to change  formation. 

The fact that he favours 3-5-2 is a myth

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/serie-a-showcase/conte-2/

I would guess he would either go 4-4-2 or 4-3-3

MefiX19 likes this

1 hour ago, kiwi1691 said:

WE will not play 3-5-2, stop obsessing about it. 

Conte only played 3-5-2 because it was the formation that suited Juventus's players. The reason he left Juventus is he wanted to buy wingers to change  formation. 

The fact that he favours 3-5-2 is a myth

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/serie-a-showcase/conte-2/

I would guess he would either go 4-4-2 or 4-3-3

4-3-3 makes the most sense to me.  Only 2 CB's needed which is good since we currently lack quality cb's. 3 man midfield to compensate for Fabregas. Use of wingers (Hazard &Willian). Only uses 1 striker which is good as we only really have Costa.

Can't see Conte playing a 4-4-2 (4-2-4). Just wouldn't work with Fabregas as 1 of the 2 midfielders. In order for a formation like that to work both midfielders would need to be hardworking energetic players, like Vidal, Nainggolan, Marchisio,...

Also we lack depth in the striker departement to play a 2 striker system.

kellzfresh likes this

1 hour ago, MefiX19 said:

If i remember corectly he wanted to use the same formation at Juve, but he had right players for 3-5-2

Though he left, because they wouldn't buy him a winger to change to a 4-3-3 I believe. 

9 hours ago, MefiX19 said:

If i remember corectly he wanted to use the same formation at Juve, but he had right players for 3-5-2

Conte use to play 4-2-4 formation with bari Fuck knows what formation he's going to use I hope it's 4-3-3 formation

Hazard in a 352 will be Great if he can play like eder .

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

so far this is how I see our squad lineup at the moment. we will struggle all season long and I just see don't see things improving until we make at least another 3 to 4 changes before the september window closes.

this is my formation lineup

and all the players on the side for season subs changes.

CHELSEA FC - 2016-2017 - FIRST TEAM SQUAD PLAYERS.jpg