test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Parky

Tactics/Formations thread

Started by Parky,

135 posts in this topic

my 2 formations - that I only ever use other than 4 - 4 - 2 when I am not comfortable or confident against stronger teams.

5 - defenders

4 - midfielders

1 - striker

or

5 - DEF

3 - MID

2 - STR

my 2 formations - that I only ever use other than 4 - 4 - 2 when I am not comfortable or confident against stronger teams.

5 - defenders

4 - midfielders

1 - striker

or

5 - DEF

3 - MID

2 - STR

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif
mccg likes this

I am all for playing with a back 3 esp against smaller teams but the proposed formation is a 5 defender one IMO. Actual 3 pep style defender formations would be

GC. Zoum azpi

Matic fab

Willian Oscar pedro

Hazard

Costa

Would be a bit risky without a DM in place of fabregas

3-4-1-2

With players we have now available.

COSTA - REMY/FALCAO
HAZARD
WILLIAN/OSCAR - MATIC - CESCY - PEDRO
HAPPY - JT - DAVE
TIBO/ASMIR

Who would like Cahill Zouma Terry

Azpil Baba - 3 Cb's with Azpil Rwb Baba Lwb , Matic sits in front and becomes the modern monster makele and the attacking 4...

I don't think that this would be the solution. Playing with three CB-s don't work in modern football, no succesful team uses that system. Juventus were sucking balls in the Champions League with three CB-s..

Afaik only if Matic does not improve. In which case I would use Dave as a false CB to sit just in front and start play and tuck in when under pressure. RLC-Oscar-Cesc, a dm in front of a 5 man defense would be negative even for Jose.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! We'll get crushed out wide in the PL with only 1 wide player on each flank!

No need to change formation, just put the right pieces into it! One of the most important aspects of football is the full back bombing forward on the overlap and there is no way that can happen with this formation.

We need to add more width to our game and going with 3 centre backs would be a disaster!

dUMB likes this

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! We'll get crushed out wide in the PL with only 1 wide player on each flank!

No need to change formation, just put the right pieces into it! One of the most important aspects of football is the full back bombing forward on the overlap and there is no way that can happen with this formation.

We need to add more width to our game and going with 3 centre backs would be a disaster!

Hazard on the left Pedro/Willian on the right?

What about ....As a inverted V

Keeper

Zouma

Cahill Terry

Azpil Baba

Matic

Pedro Fab Hazard

Falco / Costa

Is that...Zouma as a sweeper? I didn't realise we traveled back in time to the early 90s. :D

WilsonMay likes this

Didnt a sweeper sit in front of the defence ? Matic would be filling that 90's artic role lol

Works for bayern and they use alonso as a cb when needs be during the game, while lahm and alaba act as lcb and rcb.

We regularly go to three at the back when chasing a game but I don't think we should really consider it from the off. I agree with the notion though, a change in shape would make us a lot less predictable. How about 4-4-2?