test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueTillIDie

Gonzalo Higuain

Started by BlueTillIDie,

1,239 posts in this topic
17 minutes ago, Mana said:

I didn't say or imply that I want people to not get excited for Higuain.

I just have my doubts, and they are pretty valid. If Higuain erases those doubts (aka banging goals that we desperately need) then I'll jump on the wagon.

It come down to this. Sulking Morata, Hazard as no 9 or Higuain. 

No one in here is jumping for joy or super excited. Higuain is 31, he is not the solution for our striking problem but we can't continue playing without any goal threat from our no 9

mccg and Muzchap like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

what a let down it turned out to be, all of us expecting Liverpool hot form Torres, but instead we got a washed up one

No, not all of us. I was depressed and the knowledge that all the people who had questioned my sanity, when I told them the truth about Nando, would soon be apologising to me didn't help at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

No, not all of us. I was depressed and the knowledge that all the people who had questioned my sanity, when I told them the truth about Nando, would soon be apologising to me didn't help at all.

Agreed, the warning signs were there with Torres for at least 12 months before Chelsea brought him. 

Liverpool buying Suarez in the same window and City buying Aguero the following summer for significantly lower fees makes the signing that much worse too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Agreed, the warning signs were there with Torres for at least 12 months before Chelsea brought him. 

Liverpool buying Suarez in the same window and City buying Aguero the following summer for significantly lower fees makes the signing that much worse too.

 

I've mentioned this before but repeating it is better than getting annoyed about the window.

Moussa Dembele (late of Spurs) was making news and I liked what I saw of him so I watched an Ajax vs AZ game to get a better look. In fact Dembele had a poor game that day, but a bloke called Suarez won the game for Ajax. He was obviously a player who Chelsea should target. The fact that the same manager who had already turned down Aguero when he was offered him, now chose Torres over Suarez was the final nail in the coffin for Ancelotti as far as I was concerned.

At the time I thought Roman had made the decision, but I see no reason to think Butch Wilkins was lying when he revealed that in fact it was all Carlo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mana said:

This is why I'm not excited...Higuain hasn't been scoring goals...

I don't want this to end up a Torres MKIII. Crossing fingers he isn't.

He doesn't have to be pacey, we just need someone who knows where the back of the net is.

Torres cost 50 mill, this is just a loan till the end of the season. If he goes good we extend. 

It's a far better deal then Torres. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I've mentioned this before but repeating it is better than getting annoyed about transfer the window.

Moussa Dembele (late of Spurs) was making news and I liked what I saw of him so I watched an Ajax vs AZ game to get a better look. In fact Dembele had a poor game that day, but a bloke called Suarez won the game for Ajax. He was obviously a player who Chelsea should target. The fact that the same manager who had already turned down Aguero when he was offered him, now chose Torres over Suarez was the final nail in the coffin for Ancelotti as far as I was concerned.

At the time I thought Roman had made the decision, but I see no reason to think Butch Wilkins was lying when he revealed that in fact it was all Carlo.

Yeah, I was a big fan of Carlo. Winning the double in that first season was superb, and I can also appreciate the success he has had across a multitude of big European clubs.

But that rumour/story is a big taint on him if true because I think it was clear as day that Torres was a shadow of the player he was in his first couple of seasons at Liverpool.

 

Muzchap and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Yeah, I was a big fan of Carlo. Winning the double in that first season was superb, and I can also appreciate the success he has had across a multitude of big European clubs.

But that rumour/story is a big taint on him if true because I think it was clear as day that Torres was a shadow of the player he was in his first couple of seasons at Liverpool.

 

Butch outright said it so I see no room to call it a rumour. In fact he also specifically mentioned that people thought it was Roman but it was really Carlo. 

Superblue_1986 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mccg said:

Asked, again in Italian, about Higuain not succeeding on loan at AC Milan from Juventus, Sarri says the Argentine is a winner and suggests playing in a poor side has affected him.

Oh boy... it's not like we are a poor side, are we? :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Announce the motherfucker already. It's only a loan ffs not a world record breaking deal why is it taking so long

xPetrCechx likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least we completed the deal. If this saga had happened a year ago,we would have dragged it out till the last possible moment only to  end up with someone like Carroll. 

Muzchap and Laylabelle like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 0007 said:

At least we completed the deal. If this saga had happened a year ago,we would have dragged it out till the last possible moment only to  end up with someone like Carroll. 

Carrol would be a decent buy at £2million - he knows where the net is when he is fit (worse than Darren Anderton).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Muzchap said:

Carrol would be a decent buy at £2million - he knows where the net is when he is fit (worse than Darren Anderton).

I'd rather the guy that scored more goals in one Serie A season than Carrol has in most of his career. To each their own!

Muzchap likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spike said:

I'd rather the guy that scored more goals in one Serie A season than Carrol has in most of his career. To each their own!

I'm saying get him as well as Higs 

I want Higs, but Carrol would also be decent until the end of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.