Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Part of me thinks Sarri knows best and will make it right by playing Kante out of position but the other part says he is the biggest idiot in football for playing best DM in the world out of position.

Kante isn't and never has been a CDM.

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Kante isn't and never has been a CDM.

He isn't a true B2B player either. It is quite clear this type of football does not suit him neither role is probably optimal, but the question remain where would you rather see him playing far up the pitch or deep in midfield. I would rather see him play deeper he has much higher qualities to impact the game there than where he is now. His influence on the game is so minimal under Sarri, basically remind me of Ramires where he was praised simply for his energy and running. Kante is one of the best midfielder in the world, he is nowhere near that level on this team.

I personally would like to see Kante play deeper, and have Jorginho higher up the pitch. Give him the freedom to roam more, and makes it more difficult to man mark him. I think the current system asks a lot from Jorginho. Precisely why every opposition know his value and make him a priority to stop. 

7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

He is a DM in double pivot and he plays as b2b for Sarri. Thats pretty much out of position.

He always had a Matic/Drinkwater to sweep up whenever his proactive nature got him wiped out of the game, he won't have that protection playing CDM in a 433.

35 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

He isn't a true B2B player either. It is quite clear this type of football does not suit him neither role is probably optimal, but the question remain where would you rather see him playing far up the pitch or deep in midfield. I would rather see him play deeper he has much higher qualities to impact the game there than where he is now. His influence on the game is so minimal under Sarri, basically remind me of Ramires where he was praised simply for his energy and running. Kante is one of the best midfielder in the world, he is nowhere near that level on this team.

I personally would like to see Kante play deeper, and have Jorginho higher up the pitch. Give him the freedom to roam more, and makes it more difficult to man mark him. I think the current system asks a lot from Jorginho. Precisely why every opposition know his value and make him a priority to stop. 

We will never get the very best out of Kante in this or any attacking/possesion based system but i will fancy him to eventually master his current position over sitting CDM,that Ozil goal against us under Conte demonstrates all the pitfalls of him playing that position in 30 seconds.

13 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

3 way deal that's why, if it had just been Higuain alone I think this would of been done last week.

True. But at least it's not like the summer where he'll have just been sitting on his ass for ages and need lots of time to settle. With luck he'll be able to slot straight in and hit the ground running. Knows the coach, knows the system, knows what is expected of his role.

39 minutes ago, Hazardinho Gaucho said:

He is going to arrive angry of football and bring a new weight to this team.

More like he is going to arrive hungry from the flight and add some more weight by visiting most of the restaurants after his medicals :D