Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Can't be any worse than now surely 

Yes. We are still 4th (barely). That may well change. Even in the after-title Mo and Conte seasons I was never this worried as back then we had Hazard locked up, a new stadium on the way, and no global targeting for takedown of our owner.

24 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Yes. We are still 4th (barely). That may well change. Even in the after-title Mo and Conte seasons I was never this worried as back then we had Hazard locked up, a new stadium on the way, and no global targeting for takedown of our owner.

And now? Outa interest lol 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

At least he tried to change. Sarri isn't even changing! 

When? He's almost exclusively been 4-3-3 and rock and roll football during his whole time in England, even during bad spells he stayed true to his style.

30 minutes ago, Tomo said:

When? He's almost exclusively been 4-3-3 and rock and roll football during his whole time in England, even during bad spells he stayed true to his style.

They have used 4-2-3-1 a lot this season, and sometime their formation look like 4-4-2. Both Klopp and Pep have a certain style but they can deviate from a specific way in achieving that. It is crazy to me if you can not acknowledge how rigid Sarri has been, he is on a another level to anyone i have seen. People keep bringing up Pep, not even close to similarity. Pep has stayed true to his attacking philosophy, but he has experimented with formations, players, and considers external situations. 

Sarri does not take any consideration to deviate from his way.

Just now, Clockwork said:

They have used 4-2-3-1 a lot this season, and sometime their formation look like 4-4-2. Both Klopp and Pep have a certain style but they can deviate from a specific way in achieving that. It is crazy to me if you can not acknowledge how rigid Sarri has been,

I never said he wasn't, but this constant "our players and managers are shit while our rivals are amazing" cliches are ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I never said he wasn't, but this constant "our players and managers are shit while our rivals are amazing" cliches are ridiculous.

I see. I personally don't care about our rivals and do not judge Sarri based on others. I honestly think Sarri is a good coach, from a perspective of improving players and coaching them. But there lies the other aspects which is very important to a manager success. He simply goes into every game with the same mindset, during game is the same change he makes regardless of the situation or players performance. 

He is playing his two best players out of position, and nowhere near getting the best out of them. He persist with the 4-3-3 and lineup thinking he will achieve something and build some sort of foundation. But he isn't, a lot of those players are not going to improve and should not be part of the squad moving forward. Alonso, Willian, Pedro, Barkley, and  Kovacic for sure imo. There are also players like Azpi who i don't think is optimal to this style, and there is also Luiz who has been phenomenal this season but also out of contract. 

After the Arsenal loss i am looking forward to see how he responds. 

9 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I see. I personally don't care about our rivals and do not judge Sarri based on others. I honestly think Sarri is a good coach, from a perspective of improving players and coaching them. But there lies the other aspects which is very important to a manager success. He simply goes into every game with the same mindset, during game is the same change he makes regardless of the situation or players performance. 

He is playing his two best players out of position, and nowhere near getting the best out of them. He persist with the 4-3-3 and lineup thinking he will achieve something and build some sort of foundation. But he isn't, a lot of those players are not going to improve and should not be part of the squad moving forward. Alonso, Willian, Pedro, Barkley, and  Kovacic for sure imo. There are also players like Azpi who i don't think is optimal to this style, and there is also Luiz who has been phenomenal this season but also out of contract. 

Hazard i agree with but Kante's best position doesn't exist in this system and CDM restricts him even more. He is unfortunate in the same way Ash would have been if he encountered Conte while he was here as he would have been less effective as a LWB or LCB but also too good to leave out, so it's about finding his best position within and i think this is it and he's getting better, probably has been the one plus amoungst this current rut.

I think the issue is the midfield as a whole, i think all three are just the right type of profile to have us challenging again but lack the balance a bit like a CM version of the Hazard/Mata/Oscar trio, if we could somehow pull off a Coutinho esque signing in Kova's position we would be a totally different proposition.

4 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Who has Sarri improved on our team? Do tell. Luiz maybe, but he was always capable of long bomb passing. Hazard, after a bright start, is in utter regression. He has fucked up Kante badly. Rudiger was already decent at CB. Ampadu hardly plays and CHO is leaving more than likely. Kepa doesnt count. Most of the rest of the team, Jorginho included, is in shambles atm.

So, no, he has most definitely NOT improved the team.

49 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If that is ridiculous, then the same should be applied to the 'Klopp/Guardiola got time to build their own squad and see what they've achieved. Sarri should get the same!' argument.

4 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Who do you guys think should be the next manager if Sarri get sacked?

Marina. 

They don't have a clue, and keep doing the same mistakes over and over again. 

That's call insanity. 

Just now, BlueLyon said:

Part of me thinks Sarri knows best and will make it right by playing Kante out of position but the other part says he is the biggest idiot in football for playing best DM in the world out of position.

Trust your 2nd inner child

8Yg0.gif