Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

So he's on his way, I will welcome him with open arms.

Agreed this false 9 is horrible. 

And that speaks of the state we are in, where the coach rather play a false 9 then an actual striker. 

What the board has done with the strikers have been abysmal. 

Imagine the 2 chances that fell to Willian and the chance that fell to Pedro from Alonsos cross had fallen to this guy. 

4-1.

I was worried about Higuains lack if pace but the way we play (high up the pitch agaisnt super defensive sides, due to our dominance in possession) it won't matter.

Job done.

Get this deal done.

Simply having a striker that opposing defenses respect and are fearful of would be a huge difference. For our players likewise. For the past few months I bet you even small teams are delighted to see us line up with Morata. He's soft as hell and has zero confidence. They know he can be physically bullied and his game goes to hell if he misses an easy chance. Giroud, bless him, tries like hell but our team doesn't play to his best attributes (crosses).

On the other hand, our players are probably demoralized having a void up top where attacks go to die. Having a striker that you are confident can score is invaluable.

If this is the best we can do in January then do it. A CL place is essential this season.

17 minutes ago, DDA said:

Imagine the 2 chances that fell to Willian and the chance that fell to Pedro from Alonsos cross had fallen to this guy. 

4-1.

I was worried about Higuains lack if pace but the way we play (high up the pitch agaisnt super defensive sides, due to our dominance in possession) it won't matter.

Job done.

Get this deal done.

He doesn't have blistering pace (he never has) but he isn't slow. Giroud would be what I would call slow.

Where Higuain does make up for it is his movement off the ball and positions he'll find himself in are that of a natural predatory striker, something which Morata and Giroud are not.

We have players behind him who will create chances for him and I do think short term, he would be a big upgrade on what we have.

5 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

He doesn't have blistering pace (he never has) but he isn't slow. Giroud would be what I would call slow.

Where Higuain does make up for it is his movement off the ball and positions he'll find himself in are that of a natural predatory striker, something which Morata and Giroud are not.

We have players behind him who will create chances for him and I do think short term, he would be a big upgrade on what we have.

That's true. For someone being called out for his lack of pace for ages he really is quite nippy even if he is not 100% in shape, which probably due to his endomorph body type. And given he has never been super pacey anyway his game is not build on that but rahte rhis positioning and goal instinct. The question is if this does translate to the premier league without any transition and whether his recent decline in form is jus tthat or sign of a permanent decline. 31 is hardly an age for a striker but given he has been around for ages he could be physically worn out just like FAbregas.

Icardi

Dybala

Timo Werner

Jovic

Piatek

Haller

Martial

Memphis

desperation oldster or soon oldster  Cavani or Lewandowski

fuck off with tubby, terminally regressing, arrogant Higuain

or EPL hacks Wilson (decent back-up, but sorry, not buying the typical English hype) or Arnautovic (he is soon 30 ffs)

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

That's true. For someone being called out for his lack of pace for ages he really is quite nippy even if he is not 100% in shape, which probably due to his endomorph body type. And given he has never been super pacey anyway his game is not build on that but rahte rhis positioning and goal instinct. The question is if this does translate to the premier league without any transition and whether his recent decline in form is jus tthat or sign of a permanent decline. 31 is hardly an age for a striker but given he has been around for ages he could be physically worn out just like FAbregas.

I always thought Higuain came across as pretty slow but with excellent movement. Maybe I have underestimated his pace having read these two posts. 

12 minutes ago, DDA said:

I always thought Higuain came across as pretty slow but with excellent movement. Maybe I have underestimated his pace having read these two posts. 

you can see he is not slow, even if he seldom runs at full pace he is quick enough to get away from defenders... also more important than straight line speed is how fast general movement on the ball and reactions are and at that he is pretty decent i would say compared to someone as ponderous as giroud. 

16 minutes ago, DDA said:

He's not going to surprise you with blistering pace but I think he's quick enough and as you pointed out his movement has always been very good which I think is actually more important in the Sarri style where intricate passing is needed, as well as a Premier League where must teams in the bottom half will usually sit back and defend deep against the top teams home and away.

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

Milan fans on twitter are losing their shit over that tweet claiming its false information and he did not say that

Well ok, but reading between the lines of Gattuso's quote, what else could he possibly be on about?  Its not rocket science

43 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

So he is the guy to save our season eh?

No idea what to expect here, but he cant be worse than Morata or Giroud.

If Higuain takes out to be a  flop who would you blame for it sarri or Marina ??