Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

9 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Already posted about him in the Wilson thread but

I dont see any point other than a loan. It wouldn't make sense and would make us look foolish to pay this much for someone for a 1 year contract/

To give him more would make what we are going thri / been thru, with Cesc and Luiz etc etc laughable.

I do thimk he would like to be with his old Boss again and vice versa and no doubting a step up from what we have.

I cant see Higain coming on a loan tho.

If we are looking at stop gaps I'd prefer Cavani.

Cavani is starter for psg, I don't know how do you loan such player. I think Higuain, will be just a loan till the end of the season. I don't like it but Morata look absolutely unhappy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, communicate said:

Cavani is starter for psg, I don't know how do you loan such player. I think Higuain, will be just a loan till the end of the season. I don't like it but Morata look absolutely unhappy

I dont think we would be offering £40mill for a loan tho would we? And IMHO its completely daft if its for a 1 year contract which at 31 is all we would give him,

14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Batshuayi is on his way back from Valencia, but I think he will be straight back out.

Good! Love his character and had high hopes for him. And while he just might be better than our current 2 I'd rather not take that gamble with the shite we are in. See what happens with him in pre season.

Can't compare Higuain to Giroud. The former is a modern, all around striker who can finish from anywhere around the box and carries the ball in space well. Can also make runs off the shoulder of defenders and spin in behind onto a through ball. Giroud is the classic target man #9 who will only really score from inside the box these days.

Higuain isn't ideal but let us not forget that he has been a world class #9 in recent years and done the business at multiple big clubs.

27 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Batshuayi is on his way back from Valencia, but I think he will be straight back out.

Michy Batshuayi’s loan to Valencia close to its end, confirms club director

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2019/1/10/18176681/michy-batshuayi-loan-to-valencia-close-to-its-end-confirms-club-director-chelsea-transfer-rumour

Keep Batman about i say no-brainer (he would be alot happier than Morata!) , will need as many bodies as possible these months of the season and wouldnt need time to settle in England !

4 hours ago, mccg said:

Keep Batman about i say no-brainer (he would be alot happier than Morata!)

Whats the point of keeping a happy player if he cant score? Drinkwaters probably laughing his bollox off thinking hes raking in the money for doing sod all!

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

But I do wish we would go bonkers on Icardi, Jovic or piatek

One of these days we'll get a striker signing correct.  We haven't really had much luck, Costa aside, but just got to keep going after it until we hit pay dirt eventually.

Just now, kc_blue said:

One of these days we'll get a striker signing correct.  We haven't really had much luck, Costa aside, but just got to keep going after it until we hit pay dirt eventually.

I see you're a dreamer like me!

It was reported earlier that Marina was against the Higuain signing and Sarri was for it... With this latest news from the usually reliable Telegraph stating that we are now negotiating for him, does it mean that a manager finally managed to make a breakthrough with our board and Marina and made them understand that the manager probably knows better what the team needs?... Hope that's the case and that going forward Sarri's wishes will be taken into account more.

If Sarri wants Higuain I'm all for it!

2 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

does it mean that a manager finally managed to make a breakthrough with our board and Marina and made them understand that the manager probably knows better what the team needs?... Hope that's the case and that going forward Sarri's wishes will be taken into account more.

I really hope so.