Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

Chelsea have stepped up their efforts to sign Gonzalo Higuain as Alvaro Morata looks secure a loan switch to Sevilla (ES)

AC Milan have an agreement with Juventus in place which saw them pay £16m to take Higuain on loan in view of making the deal permanent in the summer for £32m.

Juventus will want Chelsea to commit to a similar deal, ****but the Chelsea hierarchy prefer only a short term deal.***

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonzalo Higuain transfer: Row at Chelsea threatens deal

The Argentinean forward has been strongly linked with the Blues, with Maurizio Sarri desperate to team up with him again

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gonzalo-higuain-transfer-row-chelsea-13832713

A row between Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri and Director Marina Granovskaia is putting the Blues' deal for Gonzalo Higuain under threat.

That's according to a report from Fabrizio Romano of calciomercato.com , who claims that Blues transfer 'Iron Lady' Granovskaia has reservations over paying up to £45m for a 31-year-old.

Higuain - who has only scored one goal in his last 10 appearances for AC Milan - is seen as a top target for Sarri as he looks to add the forward that Chelsea have been sorely missing this season.

Snip

3 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Remember just 6 months ago he was regarded as the best player in Serie A by everybody, not only Juventus fans. Before Cristiano arrived.

Lol, not a chance. Zero.

For sure this summer window (6 months ago like you said) Dybala, Icardi, SMS, Insigne, Koulibaly, and arguably Immobile, Pjanic and Skriniar were clearly seen as better players. Higuain was already well into a very real decline, his league goals the last 3 and a half years

6 (and only one since October)

I hope he comes good, but the crashout warning signs are flashing red.

If it is more than a 6 to 18 month loan with NO obligation to buy, we are mad as ass.

Higuain wouldn't be my first choice and he obviously isn't a long term option.

However he has a far more reliable goalscoring record than Morata and Giroud combined and I want to be able to see how much better our team looks with a striker with predatory instincts - getting in behind the last man, anticipation, movement in the box, finishing, etc. 

We still create chances even when we have been struggling to score, and we also find a real lack of movement at the top end of the field when we get the ball into those positions.

Higuain isn't the long term answer but he might be the short term solution in a January market that is always a nightmare to try and shop in.

Just now, mccg said:

Major Spanish paper reports Chelsea close to completing deal for first January signing

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2019/01/major-spanish-paper-reports-chelsea-hours-away-completing-deal-first-january-signing/

Well that's not true for a start because he wouldn't be our first lol

Nothing to comment about this other than play captain obvious and call it a stop-gap signing.

I'll definitely rate this higher than the Alexandre Pato signing from a few years ago.

Just hoping it can be a lot better than that.

If he isn't going to be putting balls in the back of the net, then he is pretty much useless. We already have Giroud as a target man.

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Nothing to comment about this other than play captain obvious and call it a stop-gap signing.

I'll definitely rate this higher than the Alexandre Pato signing from a few years ago.

Just hoping it can be a lot better than that.

If he isn't going to be putting balls in the back of the net, then he is pretty much useless. We already have Giroud as a target man.

Already posted about him in the Wilson thread but

I dont see any point other than a loan. It wouldn't make sense and would make us look foolish to pay this much for someone for a 1 year contract/

To give him more would make what we are going thri / been thru, with Cesc and Luiz etc etc laughable.

I do thimk he would like to be with his old Boss again and vice versa and no doubting a step up from what we have.

I cant see Higain coming on a loan tho.

If we are looking at stop gaps I'd prefer Cavani.

A serious questions?

Why is Sarri so hellbent on past his best Higuain Giroud 2.0....  why?

Sarri and Marina just sit down take a look at Jovic vids and throw in very good bid for that guy...we creating a loads of chances only need somebody to put the ball at the back of the net which Luka Jovic is more that capable of doing...tired of this stopgap signings that might end up not benefiting us...

Jovic has the making and attributes of a phenomenal top class striker.....the guy will become a beast in Sarriball...

4 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

A serious questions?

Why is Sarri so hellbent on past his best Higuain Giroud 2.0....  why?

Sarri and Marina just sit down take a look at Jovic vids and throw in very good bid for that guy...we creating a loads of chances only need somebody to put the ball at the back of the net which Luka Jovic is more that capable of doing...tired of this stopgap signings that might end up not benefiting us...

Jovic has the making and attributes of a phenomenal top class striker.....the guy will become a beast in Sarriball...

Thats a bit harsh. At least Higs is a former world class striker. We seem to like collecting those. Weah, Drogs, Etoo, Torres. Only missing Ibra and maybe bring Ronaldo out pf retirement🤣

28 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Thats a bit harsh. At least Higs is a former world class striker. We seem to like collecting those. Weah, Drogs, Etoo, Torres. Only missing Ibra and maybe bring Ronaldo out pf retirement🤣

It might look harsh...  but I can't stand the striker situation of the club...a club as big as Chelsea not having a capable goal scoring centre forward...