test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueTillIDie

Gonzalo Higuain

Started by BlueTillIDie,

1,239 posts in this topic

Who do we actually have to come to an agreement for a loan?  Milan and Juve?  Milan to end his current loan and Juve to loan him to us?  Surely we can't just reach an agreement with Milan.  Seems like this one could be very tricky, especially with the way Juve have toyed with us in the past couple of summers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea are in talks to sign Gonzalo Higuain on loan until the end of the season - although Juventus would prefer to agree a deal to sell the 31-year-old Argentina striker on a permanent basis. (Telegraph)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

Who do we actually have to come to an agreement for a loan?  Milan and Juve?  Milan to end his current loan and Juve to loan him to us?  Surely we can't just reach an agreement with Milan.  Seems like this one could be very tricky, especially with the way Juve have toyed with us in the past couple of summers.

You can't loan a loanee, if Milan want rid they either have to send him back to Juve or if they can't do that sign him to loan him.

kc_blue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You can't loan a loanee, if Milan want rid they either have to send him back to Juve or if they can't do that sign him to loan him.

That's what I was thinking.  One way or the other we are going to have to negotiate with not only Milan but Juve as well.  Juve have made a habit of yanking us around all transfer window long in the past so I'm not sure just how confident I am we can get this done if it's indeed what we want to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can take over a loan, but as stated Milan would need to cancel it first.  And seeing as they paid 18m euros to loan him initially for the season, they'll want to be compensated. (otherwise they've paid for something they haven't had... in a sense) And i suspect they will want the monies from us, say half plus maybe a loan of Morata

 

Juventus will agree to the deal, they wanted him out to start with.  And if Higuain really wants out of Milan and tells them that, could see the deal happen IMO.  I just think for a 6month loan, maybe with an option to buy, its a no brainer.   If the possibility to buy is mandatory, I'm not so comfortable with it.  We're all speculating but supposedly Milan play on Saturday so we could see us shift our ass and sort something before then, because if he plays and bags a hat trick, Milan are not sending him anywhere lol

kc_blue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for clarifying that for me.  I agree that a 6 month loan is the only real option that makes sense.  I just wasn't sure of the mechanics involved and who all we would need to be negotiating with to get it done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

Thanks for clarifying that for me.  I agree that a 6 month loan is the only real option that makes sense.  I just wasn't sure of the mechanics involved and who all we would need to be negotiating with to get it done.

Juventus would be the main party to talk to, they own him. But Milan have paid for a loan so they have a major say too.  Juventus cant just turn around and say "Higuain is going to Chelsea" and be done with it.  If Milan get suitably compensated, the deal will go through i reckon.   

Why would they keep a player who seemingly does not want to be there, and the DoF Leonardo, has had a public rant about

 

If I had to guess, I would say Juve or us will give Milan 9m euros, Higuain will join on a loan with option to buy, and we will allow Milan to purchase Bakayoko for cheaper than originally agreed, if they decide to.

total guess though

kc_blue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I dont think we would be offering £40mill for a loan tho would we? And IMHO its completely daft if its for a 1 year contract which at 31 is all we would give him,

 

Nah, I think that is just rumor. If we really go fo Higuain, it ia for loan or cheaper fee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, the wes said:

Is that Bill Goldberg with Higuain 😂😂😂 lol 

yes, after a few weeks on the Higs diet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tomo said:

You can't loan a loanee, if Milan want rid they either have to send him back to Juve or if they can't do that sign him to loan him.

But they can find someone to take the loan over, I read it when Valencia was first rumored ed to give Bats back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More little fixes that will result in us scratching around again come the summer. I am not against the GH coming in but bad purchases in Morata last summer was once again the cog in motion.

Every transfer is a risk, and there are no guarantees anyone can come and rip it up but our recruitment has got to be fucking ten fold better than it has been.

We are just filling holes with sand that eventually appear again.

 

Blue Armour and kc_blue like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

More little fixes that will result in us scratching around again come the summer. I am not against the GH coming in but bad purchases in Morata last summer was once again the cog in motion.

Every transfer is a risk, and there are no guarantees anyone can come and rip it up but our recruitment has got to be fucking ten fold better than it has been.

We are just filling holes with sand that eventually appear again.

 

When we first got Sarri and was linked wiyj Higuain I thought it was a great idea and that we would be lucky to sign him and would be good for us.

But my head started to rule my heart. And all these things like weight,age,price,amount of goals and assists he makes now has slowly began to change my mind about the guy.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

When we first got Sarri and was linked wiyj Higuain I thought it was a great idea and that we would be lucky to sign him and would be good for us.

But my head started to rule my heart. And all these things like weight,age,price,amount of goals and assists he makes now has slowly began to change my mind about the guy.

We buy Jovic AND Piatek

here is how (and a whole lot more that fixes pretty much all, including HG situ)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd take Higuaín on loan for the rest of the season but that still leaves us without an answer there next year.  I know he's fallen off since 2 seasons ago but I'd still take Belotti as an option.  I think he'd do very well in our team and improve us a lot up front.  He wouldn't be nearly as expensive now either.  

Alabama likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.