test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueTillIDie

Gonzalo Higuain

Started by BlueTillIDie,

466 posts in this topic
4 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

for £60m? no way, I said for a sensible fee lol - Im not screaming we should be paying even £40m for him tbh

€60m but I guess you haven't been reading my other posts. I have no trouble with Gonzalo coming here for 30m or less... Anything over that, if it means the sale of Michy or Morata? No thanks

15 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

€60m but I guess you haven't been reading my other posts. I have no trouble with Gonzalo coming here for 30m or less... Anything over that, if it means the sale of Michy or Morata? No thanks

Who said we have to sell Michy or Morata?

You said you're not interested in a stop gap, so your happy to go into a season with Michy, Giroud and Morata, who will probably manage 30 goals between them? Besides, I can see Michy going out on loan for another year.

Just now, dreamcfc said:

Who said we have to sell Michy or Morata?

You said you're not interested in a stop gap, so your happy to go into a season with Michy, Giroud and Morata, who will probably manage 30 goals between them? Besides, I can see Michy going out on loan for another year.

SO now we have enough room to accommodate 4 strikers?

5 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

SO now we have enough room to accommodate 4 strikers?

I can see Michy going on loan and someone come in who is more likely to get more goals, Higuain would fit that perfectly imo. But I am not saying we should pay stupid for him.

ulsterchelsea likes this

If we don't get top striker, we MUST get goalscoring right-winger. There's no point in having great midfield with no one to score. Golovin, Kante and Jorginho are really average at goalscoring too.

We could survive with either Morata or Giroud, but not with Willian or old Pedro. Actually, younger Pedro would be ideal for us.

Unionjack likes this

I thought this was one of those lazy rumours.  Sarri has managed him before so lets link him with Sarri's new club.  But i actually think there might be something in it

Chelsea? likes this

1 hour ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I thought this was one of those lazy rumours.  Sarri has managed him before so lets link him with Sarri's new club.  But i actually think there might be something in it

Me too.  Like the Bonucci and Chiellini rumours when Conte joined.  I'm hoping that this ends up in a similar fashion.

If we don't get top striker, we MUST get goalscoring right-winger. There's no point in having great midfield with no one to score. Golovin, Kante and Jorginho are really average at goalscoring too.
We could survive with either Morata or Giroud, but not with Willian or old Pedro. Actually, younger Pedro would be ideal for us.
We should be after both, if either Morata or Michy are getting sold.

Shaqiri was there for the taking at a bargain.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

We should be after both, if either Morata or Michy are getting sold.

Shaqiri was there for the taking at a bargain.

Shaqiri is very overrated. Would rather keep Willian over him.

OhForAGreavsie and DDA like this

Shaqiri is very overrated. Would rather keep Willian over him.
For £13m?

There isn't better value to be had in the EPL.

Just now, LAM09 said:

For £13m?

There isn't better value to be had in the EPL.

Why go for value when we're looking to strengthen the first team? They needed a backup for Salah and for them, it's fair. But when our RIght Winger isn't a very good goalscorer, I wouldn't be punting on another Right Winger who isn't a great goalscorer himself. May as well sell Willian for 55 and invest a little more to get a much better goalscorer.

Why go for value when we're looking to strengthen the first team? They needed a backup for Salah and for them, it's fair. But when our RIght Winger isn't a very good goalscorer, I wouldn't be punting on another Right Winger who isn't a great goalscorer himself. May as well sell Willian for 55 and invest a little more to get a much better goalscorer.

We need options as well. 2 proper wingers is unacceptable (providing Willian's sold).

Selling Willian for 55m, spend 13m on Shaqiri and 40m at least on a starting option. Made perfect sense

Just now, LAM09 said:

We need options as well. 2 proper wingers is unacceptable (providing Willian's sold).

Selling Willian for 55m, spend 13m on Shaqiri and 40m at least on a starting option. Made perfect sense

And who would that 40 million player be? And are we forgetting about Pedro?

I'd rather have a Martial or a Bailey over a winger around 40 million (someone like Felipe Anderson cause he's worth 40 in today's market) and Shaqiri. Quality over Quantity always.

Supermonkey92 likes this

60 million if the figure mentioned around is right would be a really bad value IMO. I'd rather we get Martial even if it means sending Willian the other way. I don't mind if we overpay for talent and youth, but paying high fees for the likes of Higuain and Giroud is a bad investment.

And who would that 40 million player be? And are we forgetting about Pedro?

I'd rather have a Martial or a Bailey over a winger around 40 million (someone like Felipe Anderson cause he's worth 40 in today's market) and Shaqiri. Quality over Quantity always.

Hazard plus Pedro makes 2, or are you classing Moses as a winger?

We aren't getting Martial for our transfer budget and 40m should be more than enough to wrap up a deal for Bailey, especially considering Bayer finishing 5th. Lozano could also be an interesting proposition in the price bracket.

Think some are forgetting our the board is still in place; only expect big money signings, if cash is coming in first.

In addition, value doesn't always equate to quality.

60 million if the figure mentioned around is right would be a really bad value IMO. I'd rather we get Martial even if it means sending Willian the other way. I don't mind if we overpay for talent and youth, but paying high fees for the likes of Higuain and Giroud is a bad investment.

15m~ for Giroud was great business tbh.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Hazard plus Pedro makes 2, or are you classing Moses as a winger?

We aren't getting Martial for our transfer budget and 40m should be more than enough to wrap up a deal for Bailey, especially considering Bayer finishing 5th. Lozano could also be an interesting proposition in the price bracket.

Think some are forgetting our the board is still in place; only expect big money signings, if cash is coming in first.

In addition, value doesn't always equate to quality.

15m~ for Giroud was great business tbh.

Bailey for 40? I'd buy you a pint if he moved for 40 million..

Value doesn't equate to quality for sure and I agree to it. But we can't be playing value game and buy Shaqiri and a 40 million winger (PS. Not gonna be Bailey) to replace Willian. We will not have an upgrade at all, rather, just 2 more players, one of whom is Shaqiri and he doesn't deserve to start for a top 6 club here. The other 40 million winger will have to be really good, but I can't see any realistic 40 million quality wingers at this point of time.

Anyway, a lot of this is hypothetical.

Value doesn't equate to quality for sure and I agree to it. But we can't be playing value game and buy Shaqiri and a 40 million winger (PS. Not gonna be Bailey) to replace Willian. We will not have an upgrade at all, rather, just 2 more players, one of whom is Shaqiri and he doesn't deserve to start for a top 6 club here. The other 40 million winger will have to be really good, but I can't see any realistic 40 million quality wingers at this point of time.

Just for reference, how much do you value at Bailey?

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, AK-3001 said:

Just for reference, how much do you value at Bailey?

Bayer value him higher than 40m in fact their price tag is closer to 70m