Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

3 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

I hate the fact that Conte wants to buy players only from Italy.

More that media are speculating with anything to sell papers.

Conte has and will always buy a player he feels is right for him, regardless of league or nationality.

I thought he had a crazy £60-70m release clause? Plus that wacko owner De Laurentiis that always forces clubs to pay up.

Yet more lazy media links simply because he plays in Italy and we have an Italian coach.

5 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Deeply unimpressed by this 

If it means Costa leaves I would be against it, but Higuain has been spectacular for Napoli for a while. He's a fantastic striker.

19 hours ago, Pizy said:

If it means Costa leaves I would be against it, but Higuain has been spectacular for Napoli for a while. He's a fantastic striker.

conte has a history of playing two upfront in his formations Costa and higuain would be a perfect partnership upfront :D

On 5/4/2016 at 2:19 PM, Tautvix said:

I hate the fact that Conte wants to buy players only from Italy.

He most likely doesn't, besides the odd 2 or 3 (which i would say seem true Nainggolan and Higuain IMO), it is just a lot easier for journalists and papers to make up stories with him and Serie A players due to him being Italian.

Rudiger, Nainggolan, Morata, Higuain, Cavani, Manolas, Zaza, Bonucci, Pogba, Pjanic, Perisic, Giaccherini to name a few.  All linked, and all play in, or have played in, Serie A and likely known by conte.  So easy to link them to him

1 hour ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

He most likely doesn't, besides the odd 2 or 3 (which i would say seem true Nainggolan and Higuain IMO), it is just a lot easier for journalists and papers to make up stories with him and Serie A players due to him being Italian.

Rudiger, Nainggolan, Morata, Higuain, Cavani, Manolas, Zaza, Bonucci, Pogba, Pjanic, Perisic, Giaccherini to name a few.  All linked, and all play in, or have played in, Serie A and likely known by conte.  So easy to link them to him

Agreed but let's also pin some of the blame on agents who are only too ready to use Conte's new job to aid their negotiations.

23 hours ago, Pizy said:

Higuain is a tremendous player. I'd take him even if it meant Costa left. Diego attracts too much hassle and his mere presence gets oppo fans right up for it against us.

On 5/4/2016 at 9:39 AM, Pizy said:

I thought he had a crazy £60-70m release clause? Plus that wacko owner De Laurentiis that always forces clubs to pay up.

Yet more lazy media links simply because he plays in Italy and we have an Italian coach.

Hardly. The man is passionate and has brought Napoli back from the brink of destruction to one of the Serie A's best clubs. He nor the club he runs exist to pander to the needs of Chelsea or any other club.

Gonzalo Higuaín Characteristics

+ Strengths

Finishing
Strong
Long shots
Strong
Holding on to the ball
Strong

- Weaknesses

Offside awareness
Weak

Gonzalo Higuaín's Style of Play