test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OhForAGreavsie

FA Youth Cup thread

Started by OhForAGreavsie,

52 posts in this topic

I was concerned about how this might go but the lads reminded me that I am one of the most pessimistic Chelsea fans going. I sometimes forget that when I read the doom laden, and aggressively hate filled thoughts of some TC members. I needn't have worried however. They fully and comfortably deserved their win. Well played boys.

Congratulations too to Joe Edwards. When Dermot Drummy was moved out of the dug out and into a liaison role, I had the strong feeling that he was being moved sideways. With Joe however I genuinely think his impending change is all about his personal development. Sounds a good plan to me.

Good luck to Jody when he takes over. I was never his biggest fan as a player, never a fan of any size if I'm honest, but I really like his demeanour around the place since his return. I'm very impressed by his thinking on the game as evidenced in his CTV appearances. He has a clarity and an honesty in the way he appraises performances and situations. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does when he takes charge of the 18s.

While I'm at it, good luck too to Dermot at Crawley Town.

3 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Who won the league?

We won the southern section but the play-off section is ongoing. Looks like City are going to win that. If we'd hang on to our 3-1 half time lead in the fixture up there, we'd have been in better shape but having lost that game, we trail them by two points and they have a game in hand.

xPetrCechx likes this

On 28/04/2016 at 5:00 PM, xPetrCechx said:

Who won the league?

It's over now. The draw earned against Liverpool by our much changed line up last night, coupled with a win for City, leaves us 4 points behind them with only one game to play. City, who have two games remaining, technically need another point to secure the title ahead of Everton. At best however, The Toffees can only match City's points total and their goal difference is 10 goals worse.

xPetrCechx likes this

Our U-18 are in the semi-final of FA Youth Cup for the 8th straight year after beating Leicester City 1-0.

Thats fuckin amazing isn't it!

Theres no doubting our academy lads do great at that level.

Under-18s report: Chelsea 13 Brighton 0

Charlie Brown bagged four despite only coming off the bench for the final half-hour, while Martell Taylor-Crossdale and Luke McCormick netted hat-tricks of their own. Conor Gallagher had opened the scoring after 15 minutes, while Cole Dasilva and Harvey St Clair also found the back of the net on an incredible morning for our youngsters.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/02/under-18s-report--chelsea-v-brighton.html

Yeboii likes this

We won by 7:1.Great performance by our boys.We will play against City in the final,what a suprise^^

Beigl likes this

5 hours ago, killer1257 said:

We won by 7:1.Great performance by our boys.We will play against City in the final,what a suprise^^

I imagine the chairman of Vitesse Arnhem is delighted.

26 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Chelsea youth 3 - 1 up second leg v Citeh

live om ITV 4 

how is it now? great from the young lads

Fulham Broadway likes this

8 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

how is it now? great from the young lads

3:1,Chelsea still have the best youth in the world.Conte,Roman,Terry and Lamps are watching the game

Now,4:1.What a beast Sterling is.Standing ovation from Conte and Roman.

Johnnyeye and Beigl like this

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

3:1,Chelsea still have the best youth in the world.Conte,Roman,Terry and Lamps are watching the game

Now,4:1.What a beast Sterling is.Standing ovation from Conte and Roman.

thats really amazing, what this group of youngsters are producing these last years is remarkable, FA youth cups, UEFA Youth Leagues, etc. all the staff and players deserve all praise, i just hope some of these lads can make it at Chelsea on senior level. Cheers and thanks for the info ;)

PS: does Chelsea´s Sterling have any relation to Raheem Sterling ?