test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Special Juan

Forum Update

Started by Special Juan,

215 posts in this topic
On 1/8/2016 at 6:32 PM, Mana said:

Can't reposition my cover photo at least with Google Chrome....

Seriously guys I cannot reposition my cover photo. Now tried Microsoft Edge Browser, same result. Code needs checking there.

8 hours ago, Mana said:

Seriously guys I cannot reposition my cover photo. Now tried Microsoft Edge Browser, same result. Code needs checking there.

I know there's a problem with that on this skin I need to look at it.

Mana likes this

Jim - two functions the old forum had that are missing, the first one being really missed:

- autoupdate of posts done while you're writing yours. I know there's a option to click to show the XX new posts, but while you're writing, it's a pain to stop every other time while writing (if you see it at all) to update the new posts and it's even more annoying to have to refresh the page after you post. I really hope you can bring that feature back

- we can't mention people straight from selecting a part of their post. It was so easy instead of having to write the whole code (sometimes I forget the code tbh). Now we can only quote the part of the post we select - which is a pretty neat feature. Maybe we could have a button in the menu post instead? This is just a luxury actually, but the first point is really nice because match threads have too many posts at the same time and we have to keep refreshing instead of seeing it all.

3 minutes ago, Barbara said:

we can't mention people straight from selecting a part of their post. It was so easy instead of having to write the whole code (sometimes I forget the code tbh). Now we can only quote the part of the post we select - which is a pretty neat feature. Maybe we could have a button in the menu post instead? This is just a luxury actually, but the first point is really nice because match threads have too many posts at the same time and we have to keep refreshing instead of seeing it all.

To mention another member, just click '@' and type the member's name after that.

@Barbara

Barbara and kellzfresh like this

Just now, Jason said:

To mention another member, just click '@' and type the member's name after that.

@Barbara

it doesn't get easier than that. Thank you! Didn't know the code for mentioning have changed :D

BlueLion. likes this

4 minutes ago, Barbara said:

Jim - two functions the old forum had that are missing, the first one being really missed:

- autoupdate of posts done while you're writing yours. I know there's a option to click to show the XX new posts, but while you're writing, it's a pain to stop every other time while writing (if you see it at all) to update the new posts and it's even more annoying to have to refresh the page after you post. I really hope you can bring that feature back

- we can't mention people straight from selecting a part of their post. It was so easy instead of having to write the whole code (sometimes I forget the code tbh). Now we can only quote the part of the post we select - which is a pretty neat feature. Maybe we could have a button in the menu post instead? This is just a luxury actually, but the first point is really nice because match threads have too many posts at the same time and we have to keep refreshing instead of seeing it all.

Because this version of the software is new a lot of the plugins you were used to haven't been made yet.

Barbara likes this

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Because this version of the software is new a lot of the plugins you were used to haven't been made yet.

I really think this skin is bugged. Because all features Barbara mentioned are included in this version of IP.Board.  What she said were not plugins.

1 hour ago, Mana said:

I really think this skin is bugged. Because all features Barbara mentioned are included in this version of IP.Board.  What she said were not plugins.

@Barbara was asking for something that's already there, i didn't realise you could drag over text to quote until i tried earlier. On previous versions of IPB only a plugin could make this work perhaps its why no ones made it yet. :doh: :lol:

Muzchap likes this

11 hours ago, Jason said:

@Jim, are we now allowing non-members to view the posts in match threads?

We was using a plugin so users could only see the first post. As we upgraded it no longer works.  

As you look after that forum I'll let you decide.

13 hours ago, Jim said:

We was using a plugin so users could only see the first post. As we upgraded it no longer works.  

As you look after that forum I'll let you decide.

Considering things always get a little 'interesting' in the match threads, don't think it's wise to scare off potential members. :lol:

If possible, we should just stick with what we did previously - non-members can't view the match threads.

Special Juan likes this