test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Special Juan

Forum Update

Started by Special Juan,

215 posts in this topic
16 minutes ago, 1chelsea said:

hello admin,

I am been signed out all the time and when i try to log back in i can until i reset my password and i take a few minute to kick me out again, pls help

Sounds like an authentication issue. Check that you're logged out off all devices > clear your cache/cookies on all devices > reset password from a single device and see if this works.

Absolutely hate the new layout! It is soo muddled on my iphone 6 ... 

Loved the veiw new posts button!

miss it big time!

20 hours ago, lucio said:

its very nice. feels weird now, but it will catch on

think there should be options for English, Scottish and Welsh flags,  especially as the Isle of Man has now sneaked in

Agreed. I bet if Andy Murray was a member he wouldn't be happy !

This country thing is a modification to the forum that the TC admins didn't make. These guys cannot separate UK into 4 countries even if they wanted to. Why is that? Because this mod detects what IP you have at first.

Whether you live in England, Scotland, NI or Wales, your IP will always return with United Kingdom. Go to any check your IP sites, they'll say you're from the UK not England. (Unless they put it in the region field, but that's unstable)

Until the UK officially breaks off, we are stuck I'm afraid.

BlueLion. likes this

Not feeling the look of this update at all. Think it's straight up ugly honestly. 

Only positive thing is that the tool bar with the emoji's and stuff actually exists on my iPad unlike the old layout.

Barbara likes this

1 hour ago, Mana said:

This country thing is a modification to the forum that the TC admins didn't make. These guys cannot separate UK into 4 countries even if they wanted to. Why is that? Because this mod detects what IP you have at first.

Whether you live in England, Scotland, NI or Wales, your IP will always return with United Kingdom. Go to any check your IP sites, they'll say you're from the UK not England. (Unless they put it in the region field, but that's unstable)

Until the UK officially breaks off, we are stuck in afraid.

But you can change your country, so maybe they can put the countries on the manual list

But you can change your country, so maybe they can put the countries on the manual list

There is no manual list. The country mod doesn't allow extra countries that isn't listed already.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Not feeling the look of this update at all. Think it's straight up ugly honestly. 

Only positive thing is that the tool bar with the emoji's and stuff actually exists on my iPad unlike the old layout.

Sorry you think that :(

4 hours ago, Mana said:

At last someone that actually understands!

BlueLion. likes this

12 hours ago, DDA said:

Absolutely hate the new layout! It is soo muddled on my iphone 6 ... 

Loved the veiw new posts button!

miss it big time!

You mean the big grey/black button in the bottom of the screen?

5bbV0ee.png

I opened all the threads in "the Match" in their last page and they open alright.
All except Crystal Palace - Chelses post match.
This one says 5 pages and the last poster is BioHazard.
But page 5 opens with error message.
If I go to page 4 BioHazard is indeed the last poster.

So the bug is this.
When the page reaches it's limits and the next message will go to new page, that page is created prematurely and then it says "error".
There is another forum I know about horses that does that.

Now I will try to post something after BioHazard and I expect it will appear in a normal "page 5".

I posted in Crystal Palace - Chelsea post match the words "We started the new year with a win. Good omen.".
Went in as first of page 5 and if you open page 5 you can see my post.
So this is the bug and it needs fixing.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Sorry you think that :(

At last someone that actually understands!

I really don't like how the quote boxes are white just like your own posts. Makes it kind of hard to tell them apart at times.

The Chels and Barbara like this

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I really don't like how the quote boxes are white just like your own posts. Makes it kind of hard to tell them apart at times.

I'm not a big fan of the whole thing either - layout wise, but I think the functions actually improved...

I do dislike this you mentioned, but I disliked the layout overall. I liked the old one better. But maybe we just need time to get used to it?

another thing bugging me is the quality of the avatars now. It seems like a re-size kind of thing, as if the server is re-sizing it in a way that it loses quality because some kept their quality, but most lost it, it looks blurred and downright bad looking...

2 hours ago, BlueLion said:

You mean the big grey/black button in the bottom of the screen?

5bbV0ee.png

Not appearing on mobile skin!!!  

NEither IOS or Android 

5 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Not appearing on mobile skin!!!  

NEither IOS or Android 

I removed it from the mobile skin as you can't read notifications when they appear. Maybe a link at the top would be better.

53 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I can change the colours if you tell me what looks better.

Muzchap likes this

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I removed it from the mobile skin as you can't read notifications when they appear. Maybe a link at the top would be better.

I can change the colours if you tell me what looks better.

I'd just make the entire quote box blue with white text like they were before.

Also, would be nice to have a "dark" theme for the whole site if possible as an alternative option like many sites do. Whole site is blue rather than white and quote boxes would then switch to white.

LDN Blue, 11Drogba and Barbara like this

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'd just make the entire quote box blue with white text like they were before.

Also, would be nice to have a "dark" theme for the whole site if possible as an alternative option like many sites do. Whole site is blue rather than white and quote boxes would then switch to white.

I'll have a play around to try and make it look better. :yes:

What you mean like a reserve colour theme? I'll see what I can do.

LDN Blue and Pizy like this

15 minutes ago, Jim said:

I'll have a play around to try and make it look better. :yes:

What you mean like a reserve colour theme? I'll see what I can do.

Exactly, reverse color theme. Blue quote boxes already look much better. Thanks, Jim.

Jim likes this