The Mourinho Thread

Next 17 days will decide his legacy this season, we could be out of both competitions by then, in the final and in the leading position to win the BPL or be in the final and lose the BPL to Liverpool. SQUEAKY BUM TIME

Shame there's not control+S function in real life. If things go sour, I'd love to reload back to this day. :D

I am speculating right now. But if I am not mistaken, Mourinho has demonstrated a glimpse of how our offensive formation might be next year. While we usually play with 4-2-3-1, in the PSG match we switched at the end to 4-1-2-3 and against Swansea to 4-1-3-2. Might be looking at one of those two to be used next year. Maybe if we bring in or develop a player you can play both DM and AM we will be able to execute this within the match depending on how the games go. I liked the look of it today, though definitely the players need to get used to it. But as I said, I am purely speculating.

I am speculating right now. But if I am not mistaken, Mourinho has demonstrated a glimpse of how our offensive formation might be next year. While we usually play with 4-2-3-1, in the PSG match we switched at the end to 4-1-2-3 and against Swansea to 4-1-3-2. Might be looking at one of those two to be used next year. Maybe if we bring in or develop a player you can play both DM and AM we will be able to execute this within the match depending on how the games go. I liked the look of it today, though definitely the players need to get used to it. But as I said, I am purely speculating.

We couldn't have done that before January with Ramires' style of play. Goes to show what Matic brings to the side's dynamics. He really is an animal.

We couldn't have done that before January with Ramires' style of play. Goes to show what Matic brings to the side's dynamics. He really is an animal.

Luiz did a good job too in that position alone against PSG. Couldn't judge well since he played alone in the last 15 mins (if I am not mistaken). But Matic like you said is just fantastic.

He looked really pissed all game and just bolted off after the final whistle. No handshake. No media appearances too. Perhaps he was disappointed by the fact that we needed subs to overcome a 10 man Swansea. Again.

Not sure what is 'big' about that. Mourinho tends to go off early in games anyway and in this case, he only went off when the referee blew the final whistle. As for no handshake, how sure are you he didn't shake the Swansea's coaching staff hands? Unless you have a proof that he didn't, sounds as though you are just basing this off when the camera just cut to him walking down the tunnel when 1-2 minutes after the game was over. There is no reason for Mourinho not to shake hands and especially when he has said he always do it at the start and end of games.

I honestly think he put on three 3 strikers to cover his ass and expose his 3 useless strikers, he won't do that very often. Way I'm seeing it is 4231, 4321 and our desperation move is 424. Nothing new, just your classic mourning formations that he is very loyal to. The way Mourinho demands we cover the opponents most teams force our 4231 into a 4321 anyways, here is an example from real Madrid where asking Ozil to do defensive work clearly morphs the formation into something that resembles a 4321.

barcavrealteams.jpg

4321 - Mourinho will never lose faith in the formation that beat Barca with 10 men in the UCL semi final.

barca-inter-preview.jpg

424 (If you watch the Mourinho documentary he is teaching his 424 'S formation' with our old Chelsea squad)

158axrr.jpg

The formation he is teaching those people is the his formation with two strikers.

Y

I honestly think he put on three 3 strikers to cover his ass and expose his 3 useless strikers, he won't do that very often. We I'm seeing 4231, 4321 and our desperation move is 424. Nothing new, just your classic mourinho formations that is is very loyal to. The way Mourinho demands we cover the opponents most teams force our 4231 into a 4321 anyways, here is an example from real Madrid where asking Ozil to do defensive work clearly morphs the formation into something that resembles a 4321.

barcavrealteams.jpg

4321 - Mourinho will never lose faith in the formation that beat Barca with 10 men in the UCL semi final.

barca-inter-preview.jpg

424 (If you watch the Mourinho documentary he is teaching his 424 'S formation' with our old Chelsea squad)

158axrr.jpg

The formation he is teaching those people is the his formation with two strikers.

You might be correct. As I said I am just speculating. For two consecutive matches now when it was crucial for us to score, he had only 1 defensive midfielder/ pivot. That is how I came to that deduction. But it can be all just a coincidence. I agree :) Time will show

Not sure what is 'big' about that. Mourinho tends to go off early in games anyway and in this case, he only went off when the referee blew the final whistle. As for no handshake, how sure are you he didn't shake the Swansea's coaching staff hands? Unless you have a proof that he didn't, sounds as though you are just basing this off when the camera just cut to him walking down the tunnel when 1-2 minutes after the game was over. There is no reason for Mourinho not to shake hands and especially when he has said he always do it at the start and end of games.

Garry Monk was asked about it in the post match interview and he said Mourinho didn't shake his hand, so I'm not speculating.

Are you suggesting we'll end the season by beating Cardiff 8-0 to win the title? :D

haha well that would be some ending to the season, I still remember watching that game...trashing wigan in 2010 :D That game boy...it realy was one of best I ever saw..oh the memories...

As they say, never say never...Its been too weird season, anything could happen.

:cry: BELIEVE!

Garry Monk was asked about it in the post match interview and he said Mourinho didn't shake his hand, so I'm not speculating.

Probably because Monk was accusingly pointing at Mourinho whilst moaning to the fourth official after Chico Flores got sent off, presumably saying Mourinho influenced their decision. Not exactly the best way to treat someone you want to get managing tips off :Phttp://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-boss-garry-monk-6943124

Probably because Monk was accusingly pointing at Mourinho whilst moaning to the fourth official after Chico Flores got sent off, presumably saying Mourinho influenced their decision. Not exactly the best way to treat someone you want to get managing tips off :Phttp://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-boss-garry-monk-6943124

Personally I could care less if Jose shook his hand or not.

Must be frustrating putting hours of preparation into the team only to have the players waste so many chances in the game

He knows we can secure this title

Cech and the back 4 give everything they have for the team, we have a lot of experience and winners there. Further up the pitch we have a lot of young inexperienced players, some having their first season in England

Winning the league on his first season return with awful strikers would be huge!

Well, I supposed they may well have done it later inside the stadium. It happens anyway.

Dutch league's Feyenoord's coach Koeman talks about Jose Mourinho:

"Many people in the game can't stand ­Mourinho - [but] I am the ­opposite."

“Mourinho may not create the most beautiful style of football. But he does create winners. Nobody turns his players into winners more than he does."

“This man gets the maximum out of his teams.”

On Demba Ba's winner for Chelsea against Champions League opponents PSG, Koeman declared:

“Was it a piece of magic ? No. Was it the result of a brilliant attack? No. It was the result of a bunch of players with a winning mentality thanks to their coach."

“He comes out with strong stuff. He did it before the PSG match in London. But he achieves what he ­promises."

"My God, I can only show huge respect then.”

Not that I want to have doubts everytime someone post quotes and all that but it will be nice if a link is posted along with quotes and not just the latter alone..

Kudos to Mourinho for taking Ramires off at half-time yesterday.

Dutch league's Feyenoord's coach Koeman talks about Jose Mourinho:
"Many people in the game can't stand ­Mourinho - [but] I am the ­opposite."
“Mourinho may not create the most beautiful style of football. But he does create winners. Nobody turns his players into winners more than he does."
“This man gets the maximum out of his teams.”
On Demba Ba's winner for Chelsea against Champions League opponents PSG, Koeman declared:
“Was it a piece of magic ? No. Was it the result of a brilliant attack? No. It was the result of a bunch of players with a winning mentality thanks to their coach."
“He comes out with strong stuff. He did it before the PSG match in London. But he achieves what he ­promises."
"My God, I can only show huge respect then.”

Mourinho's biggest strengths are his man-management and motivation. He really is brilliant at that. I question some things he does tactically but I have will never question his ability to motivate and challenge players.