test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fulham Broadway

The Mourinho Thread

Started by Fulham Broadway,

38,387 posts in this topic

I personally reckon that Guardiola is smart enough to avoid a club like Chelsea. He'll need time to build a new system at Chelsea..but knowing Roman, he'll probably be shown the door like AvB or RDM.

That would imply that AVB and RDM are on the same level as Guardiola. They aren't. He has a track record that is second to none and that would almost certainly guarantee him more time than either of those two.

People need to understand the esteem in which Roman holds Guardiola, and the way in which he is viewed throughout the football world. I agree that he is smart, but I think that would mean he would demand the time needed to build something new here.

Peace. likes this

I personally reckon that Guardiola is smart enough to avoid a club like Chelsea. He'll need time to build a new system at Chelsea..but knowing Roman, he'll probably be shown the door like AvB or RDM.

If reports are to be believed Roman is infatuated with all things Barcelona/Guardiola so he would be willing to give him more time and funds to realise his dream. Roman would also stick with it as long as he can because if Guardiola fails where do you go from there? We've ran through so many managers we're going to run out of options sooner or later.

When people say they want Mourinho, what exactly do they expect him to do?

For the last few years this club has realised the importance of building something for the future, be it an academy that churns out talented youngsters or a new stadium or simply a profitable enterprise. Where has Jose ever shown he has done that?

What Jose is the best in the world at is winning right now. He'll come in for 3 years and get you a trophy. And then what? Are the pieces in place for the next guy? Does he even think about the next guy, or is simply about that moment of glory when HIS job is complete? I'm not criticising him for that - when clubs hire him, they want him to win now. But is that what's best for this club?

Plus there are the other issues of the baggage. Yes they've kissed and made up, but what happens when we hit that first blip? Anyone whose had a job or a relationship knows how easy it is to dredge up old shit and I doubt Roman and Jose are much different. Plus where is the upside for Jose? He's already a legend here and they say you should never go back. He's always been the guy looking for the next challenge, not the past glories. And do we even have the pieces that he needs for his team? We need rebuilding in the next 2-3 years in key areas. Do we have the money (and the willingness to spend it) to enable him to do what he does best?

Do people really want Jose Mourinho the manager, or do they want the Chelsea of 7 years ago, because there's no guarantee that in getting one you will get the other.

What Chelsea fans wants its stability , Mou is a legend but for me he will always be 'The Coach' of Chelsea , his place is here and he must comeback and stay for a long time , in 2004 we needed quick trophies , now its different , it will not going to be a disaster if we dont win , the disaster is that for now we are not competing, we may be third in PL , if we lose one match we'll be 6th.CL we're out, FA Cup ? Really ?. Mourinho may not win if he come back , but be sure that in ten years , we'll win two/three pl a la Ferguson because Mourinho take always the good decisions , its just obvious that he is the best coach for this club.

There was an s after http, sometimes happens but try it now without the s.

Yup found it but via SEARCH...

FUCK - AS USUAL you need a UK PROXY - grumbles....

Yup found it but via SEARCH...

FUCK - AS USUAL you need a UK PROXY - grumbles....

link? search comes blank for me

If reports are to be believed Roman is infatuated with all things Barcelona/Guardiola so he would be willing to give him more time and funds to realise his dream. Roman would also stick with it as long as he can because if Guardiola fails where do you go from there? We've ran through so many managers we're going to run out of options sooner or later.

Exactly and thats the point Ray Wilkins raised really..all that time trying get someone cant sack him really...

The Jose programme :( recorded it aint yet watched cause prob gana depress.There was one on Saturday at the same time as the West Ham game which was sucky timing considering..heres what you had..and heres whats happening now hurrah!

Styles likes this

Basically just saying he's not just another manager amongst managers, he's bigger or more important than a normal manager.

I have thought all along he'd go Man U really...and helps him and Fergie do seem on very good terms....though if he does become free do wonder if City would actually turn him down...