The Mourinho Thread

When people say they want Mourinho, what exactly do they expect him to do?

For the last few years this club has realised the importance of building something for the future, be it an academy that churns out talented youngsters or a new stadium or simply a profitable enterprise. Where has Jose ever shown he has done that?

What Jose is the best in the world at is winning right now. He'll come in for 3 years and get you a trophy. And then what? Are the pieces in place for the next guy? Does he even think about the next guy, or is simply about that moment of glory when HIS job is complete? I'm not criticising him for that - when clubs hire him, they want him to win now. But is that what's best for this club?

Plus there are the other issues of the baggage. Yes they've kissed and made up, but what happens when we hit that first blip? Anyone whose had a job or a relationship knows how easy it is to dredge up old shit and I doubt Roman and Jose are much different. Plus where is the upside for Jose? He's already a legend here and they say you should never go back. He's always been the guy looking for the next challenge, not the past glories. And do we even have the pieces that he needs for his team? We need rebuilding in the next 2-3 years in key areas. Do we have the money (and the willingness to spend it) to enable him to do what he does best?

Do people really want Jose Mourinho the manager, or do they want the Chelsea of 7 years ago, because there's no guarantee that in getting one you will get the other.

so what u saying is that a fergie junior will come up rebuild the key areas in 2-3 years will stay here for let say 10 years and promote a lot of young players from acadamy, play some sexy football, bring 3 trophies a year(last time i checked 2 wasnt enough)

ps: roman is the chelsea owner :blink:

surely it will put his legend status at risk if he come back but am sure he is man enough to take that risk.

For the last few years this club has realised the importance of building something for the future, be it an academy that churns out talented youngsters or a new stadium or simply a profitable enterprise. Where has Jose ever shown he has done that?

What Jose is the best in the world at is winning right now. He'll come in for 3 years and get you a trophy. And then what? Are the pieces in place for the next guy? Does he even think about the next guy, or is simply about that moment of glory when HIS job is complete? I'm not criticising him for that - when clubs hire him, they want him to win now. But is that what's best for this club?

Plus there are the other issues of the baggage. Yes they've kissed and made up, but what happens when we hit that first blip? Anyone whose had a job or a relationship knows how easy it is to dredge up old shit and I doubt Roman and Jose are much different. Plus where is the upside for Jose? He's already a legend here and they say you should never go back. He's always been the guy looking for the next challenge, not the past glories. And do we even have the pieces that he needs for his team? We need rebuilding in the next 2-3 years in key areas. Do we have the money (and the willingness to spend it) to enable him to do what he does best?

Do people really want Jose Mourinho the manager, or do they want the Chelsea of 7 years ago, because there's no guarantee that in getting one you will get the other.

I understand what you're saying. Jose is more suited to getting an underachieving group of top players over the line and making them winners. Our job is much bigger than that...unless we back him in the summer with 150m worth of ready-made talent and let him work his 'magic' for 3-4 years before he leaves again. The fact that the squad is so depleted could arguably be because they're waiting for Guardiola to come in and fill it up with players of his choosing. Why commit to having a full squad if Guardiola doesn't fancy a lot of the players?

I don't think we will go for Mourinho simply because the club seems fixated with Guardiola and tiki-taka football. Mourinho would represent a big shift from what they've been working towards for the last 2 or so years.

Well reading between the lines of last nights doc -it seems hes being readied as Fergusons replacement. Cant blame him who'd want to come here ? Guardiola will go to Man City at the end of the season , and we will have ...er Rednapp followed by Christian Gross, then Kean, then people from this forum

i will consider it :D

Well reading between the lines of last nights doc -it seems hes being readied as Fergusons replacement. Cant blame him who'd want to come here ? Guardiola will go to Man City at the end of the season , and we will have ...er Rednapp followed by Christian Gross, then Kean, then people from this forum

You say Guardiola will go to City at the end of the season - is that even if Mancini wins the title? And if Mancini wins the title, are you saying that Fergie will bow out with his last two seasons being second place finishes to his closest rivals?

There's way too much up in the air for anyone to be certain of what is going to happen. We've just got to hope that City beat United to the title.

I understand what you're saying. Jose is more suited to getting an underachieving group of top players over the line and making them winners. Our job is much bigger than that...unless we back him in the summer with 150m worth of ready-made talent and let him work his 'magic' for 3-4 years before he leaves again. The fact that the squad is so depleted could arguably be because they're waiting for Guardiola to come in and fill it up with players of his choosing. Why commit to having a full squad if Guardiola doesn't fancy a lot of the players?

I don't think we will go for Mourinho simply because the club seems fixated with Guardiola and tiki-taka football. Mourinho would represent a big shift from what they've been working towards for the last 2 or so years.

I personally reckon that Guardiola is smart enough to avoid a club like Chelsea. He'll need time to build a new system at Chelsea..but knowing Roman, he'll probably be shown the door like AvB or RDM.

I personally reckon that Guardiola is smart enough to avoid a club like Chelsea. He'll need time to build a new system at Chelsea..but knowing Roman, he'll probably be shown the door like AvB or RDM.

That would imply that AVB and RDM are on the same level as Guardiola. They aren't. He has a track record that is second to none and that would almost certainly guarantee him more time than either of those two.

People need to understand the esteem in which Roman holds Guardiola, and the way in which he is viewed throughout the football world. I agree that he is smart, but I think that would mean he would demand the time needed to build something new here.

If reports are to be believed Roman is infatuated with all things Barcelona/Guardiola so he would be willing to give him more time and funds to realise his dream. Roman would also stick with it as long as he can because if Guardiola fails where do you go from there? We've ran through so many managers we're going to run out of options sooner or later.

What Chelsea fans wants its stability , Mou is a legend but for me he will always be 'The Coach' of Chelsea , his place is here and he must comeback and stay for a long time , in 2004 we needed quick trophies , now its different , it will not going to be a disaster if we dont win , the disaster is that for now we are not competing, we may be third in PL , if we lose one match we'll be 6th.CL we're out, FA Cup ? Really ?. Mourinho may not win if he come back , but be sure that in ten years , we'll win two/three pl a la Ferguson because Mourinho take always the good decisions , its just obvious that he is the best coach for this club.

Mourinho's interview with Sky talking about his Champions League experiences prior to his 100th game in the competition(vs City away).

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvb1ns_jose-mourinho-repasa-para-sky-su-trayectoria-en-champions-league_sport?search_algo=2#.UL4SoIY3bNE