The Mourinho Thread

No matter what anyone says about Jose, you either love him or you hate him but this man has got guts, know how & is the best tactician in the UK by far.

As I look at the January transfer market, I have no alternative but to admire Jose´s dealings here.

Sold KDB, Mata for a huge profit, released funds by letting Essien to go, but invested the money & bought much needed DM Matic, pipped the liverpoops for Salah, spent around 12m for much sought for Zouma, signed Traore young & talented player.

As far as I am concerned, Chelsea is a clear winner of January dealings, by far.

Other then that has the club shown any sinister plan into taking the club backwards?

No all I see is plan to keep the club moving forward.

You make it sound like they have evil intentions which is something I don't see anywhere.

No the club hasn't. Although it seems unlikely, how did we not know at the time that Abramovich wanted to move ground in the interest of making profit on London real estate? It could potentially have been a similar situation to what Malaga found themselves in.

Yes they probably do have an honest plan and wanted to move stadium only in the interest of the club but if so, why could they not have been more transparent with the whole thing? If the CPO had known more about the plans then the board probably would have got their 75% of votes needed to hand the rights to Stamford Bridge over to the club. However, they told us absolutely nothing. Instead, they got Villas-Boas to speak about how great a new stadium would be in a press conference, got John Terry to come out of nowhere to comment on how he wanted to be playing in a bigger stadium, appointed Dennis Wise as head of the CPO to try and gain more votes in their favour and purchased hundreds of shares themselves. It all seemed totally unnecessary, especially considering that the vast majority of Chelsea fans accept we need a bigger stadium to compete with the bigger clubs, when they could have just told us more about stadium design, where we would be moving to etc.

What you also have to bear in mind is that as a club we are more attached to our stadium than many other clubs, given that we were formed to use Stamford Bridge. At the time we were being linked with sites like Wormwood Scrubs and even Harrow. These places don't reflect what Chelsea is, they are not Chelsea 'strongholds' in terms of support. Moving far from our roots is a very sensitive issue for many fans, (although the general consensus seems that as long as we don't go too far from our current site, moving would be fine) so to ask us to give up our stadium that has been ours since 1905 to move to an unknown site on an unknown timescale with an unknown stadium design was a bit too much to ask. If the club had told us more it would most likely have been different.

No matter what anyone says about Jose, you either love him or you hate him but this man has got guts, know how & is the best tactician in the UK by far.

As I look at the January transfer market, I have no alternative but to admire Jose´s dealings here.

Sold KDB, Mata for a huge profit, released funds by letting Essien to go, but invested the money & bought much needed DM Matic, pipped the liverpoops for Salah, spent around 12m for much sought for Zouma, signed Traore young & talented player.

As far as I am concerned, Chelsea is a clear winner of January dealings, by far.

If we are the winner, we'll see by the end of the season and in the future. its also possible that salah and matic both will flop and Mata will shine at United etc. we have to wait and see before we can make a proper statement about our transfer dealings.

and best tactician in the UK? I dont know. there arent many good coaches at the EPL at the moment. Rodgers and Pellegrini are probably the only ones, who can compete with Mou. Especially the latter. I would even say that Pellegrini is a better tactician for the modern football and how he sets up the offensive play of his team. Mou is more old-school I think. Sometimes he is too minded on the balance and defense at his team (for eg against West Ham)

If we are the winner, we'll see by the end of the season and in the future. its also possible that salah and matic both will flop and Mata will shine at United etc. we have to wait and see before we can make a proper statement about our transfer dealings.

and best tactician in the UK? I dont know. there arent many good coaches at the EPL at the moment. Rodgers and Pellegrini are probably the only ones, who can compete with Mou. Especially the latter. I would even say that Pellegrini is a better tactician for the modern football and how he sets up the offensive play of his team. Mou is more old-school I think. Sometimes he is too minded on the balance and defense at his team (for eg against West Ham)

May I suggest for you to believe a bit more into the team ?

Chelsea made the best dealings in January, by far. Jose is the best tactician in the UK, just trust me on it.

Exactly how is it being a NEGATIVE approach to football scoring 3 GOALS (!) against the reigning champions, then taking pace out of the game, rest players and actually SECURE the 3 points? If we kept pushing, it could actually result in United pulling back into the game... I seem to remember another game against United, we were 3 goals up and it ended in a draw...

I guess if teams were awarded an additional point for scoring more than 3 goals it would make sense, or some sort of economical bonus. Sadly, that is not the case.

Furthermore you find our GD embarrassing (fewest goals conceded, eh, but that is not enough huh) compared to City. Get a grip, mate. They have the best strikers in the BPL, if not the world. They are the finished article. Liverpool, same story. Worldclass strikers while we have.. Torres.

We are winning games, accumulating points and fighting for the title. Those are far more important than winning 4 or 5-0 against United instead of 3-1.

Never criticised us for winning games, I just don't like the negative game.

Moreover in the 3-3 game which we drew was our mistake was that we sat back and gave United the chance to come back in the game, moreover our team is stronger than it was back then and United is weaker. I simply don't like a negative attitude mate. Overall I'm quite happy with things but there are some details that are quite frustrating. I understand what you say but I'd prefer if this team adopted a more positive attitude.

May I suggest for you to believe a bit more into the team ?

Chelsea made the best dealings in January, by far. Jose is the best tactician in the UK, just trust me on it.

I believe in the team. I just think that City is the better team and will win the EPL, while we will be fighting for 2-3 spot.

he is probably the best, he still tends to be to negative approached sometimes and thats a thing I hate on him. sometimes he is just too dependent on his pragmatic thinking and his principals. but hopefully, we will do the right moves in the summer and he will form us how he wants to.

If you are talking in view with our long term goals, yes.

But then again, January window is all about making those vital transfers to clinch us the title.

But I'm okay with long-term.

I believe in the team. I just think that City is the better team and will win the EPL, while we will be fighting for 2-3 spot.

he is probably the best, he still tends to be to negative approached sometimes and thats a thing I hate on him. sometimes he is just too dependent on his pragmatic thinking and his principals. but hopefully, we will do the right moves in the summer and he will form us how he wants to.

Ok now you are talking.

If you are talking in view with our long term goals, yes.

But then again, January window is all about making those vital transfers to clinch us the title.

But I'm okay with long-term.

i trust in you completely. There is nothing better than Sidzeret & his comments.

Today, Jose claimed Citeh could hit Chelsea for 5 or 6 goals in Monday´s title crunch.

Since we know Jose likes to play with the UK media but how does this drivel helps the players is beyond me.

Meanwhile, Cahill insists Chelsea can go to the Etihad & win - & have no intention of trying to shut up shop.

Probably so the players don't panic if City scores within the first minutes. Being hammered by 5 or 6 will be the first thing on their mind if that happens, considering it's been happening to all other PL teams. Might as well prepare them for it so they stick to the strategy.

That's probably it.