The Mourinho Thread

Anyone else hear José talking about our striker situation just then?

Said something like "Everyone questions why we don't bring in a striker now, but you'll understand in the summer. We know what we want, but it's impossible in January."

That gives me a boner! He must have someone BIG in mind.

Messi ?

Mourinho hints at City swipe over Financial Fair Play rules

Sportsmail's Matt Barlow reports: 'Jose Mourinho took a thinly-veiled swipe at Manchester City’s 'dodgy' approach to the transfer market as the January window swung shut.

'Without mentioning Monday’s opponents by name, Mourinho claimed not all clubs were showing the same commitment to UEFA’s Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations as others.

'Mourinho said: 'Some clubs are feeling FFP as a fair FFP, and some others are feeling FFP as a dodgy FFP,' said Mourinho.

''We don’t want emergency plans, it’s not our profile now. The players we're signing now are the right ones for our future: Matic, Salah, Zouma, a young kid for the future.''

Going back to the stadium expansion discussion, it is virtually impossible to expand Stamford Bridge and if we did it wouldn't be cost effective given the logistics behind it. The only chance we have is if we can put more pressure on the council during the elections or keep threatening to move away from the borough. New stadium is pretty much the only solution

Anyone else hear José talking about our striker situation just then?

Said something like "Everyone questions why we don't bring in a striker now, but you'll understand in the summer. We know what we want, but it's impossible in January."

That gives me a boner! He must have someone BIG in mind.

IBRA!!!!!!!!!!

He loves Mou, is always up for a challenge, hasnt

played the EPL.

Ibra and Lukaku. muahahah..

BLACK AND DECKER BITCHES

(not being racist)

Fergie was always tactful in big away games just like Jose was at OT and The Emirates. Just because he wasn't stupid in approach doesn't mean he didn't want to win, away games against big teams managers try and win but are also wary a draw is a good result.
Also its quite frankly bizarre how its never mentioned Arsenal and United were just as cautious that night, guess it doesn't fit with the Jose myth.

Winning in the greater context. Looking at the games at Old trafford and the Emirates in isolation is missing the bigger picture. When I say he's driven by a philosophy to win, I mean his philosophy in the grand scheme of things isn't driven by an inclination to play a particular style of attacking football like Arsenal neither is it to defend. Unlike Wenger for example (who was beating Barca at emirates but went to camp nou and lost 4-0) Mourinho isn't so naive that he will stick to one philosophy but changes it for each game depending on what is required to win trophies in the grand scheme of things. ala. Inter Milan v Barca.

Misunderstanding I quote him because I didn't understand what he meant by his philosophy is 'winning'. Apologies.

Because United is not Everton.

Funny Everton is above United in the table, but what kind of reply is this to the fact that instead of scoring more. We're just shutting up shop.

Mourinho closes the offensive hose at 3-0 because he feels there is no need to further tire the players (and risk an injury) over a game that is already won. He does it strategically thinking about the next game. Would I rather win 3-0 now and 2-0 the next, or work for 5-0 here and reduce the player's form for the next? Would I rather give the club's fans another 30 minutes of attacking fun or the title at the end of the season?

That's the difference between having a manager used to winning Championships and one that has never won anything in his career.

Does that answer your question?

Our next game after the United game was in 1 week against Stoke.... so leaving on some attacking midfielders for 10 extra minutes to bang in some more goal was wrong? If you take it the 'oh they could have got an injury way' then even the DMs coming on might have? eh?

Forget the United game that's been the trend for the entire season. It's really annoying since our attitude should be to go our their bang in more goals!

The only negativity I see is your approach about it. We are not Liverpool or City. It's beyond me why people insist on the comparison.

Winning 3x0 I'm a happy cookie and don't give a fuck about what would Liverpool or City do!!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4G using Tapatalk

We actually went negative and ended up conceding even Garry Neville was saying United were looking likely to concede more but bar that game, why is our side so negative?

We went to Basel and we parked the bus, I mean what? Why would you park the bus against Basel? And even that failed!

City were 3-0 up to Spurs and went on to win 6-0. City were leading with Arsenal yet they didn't back down till the last minute and won 6-3. Isn't that what this whole 'Project' is about? Delivering a high standard of attacking football? Is that not why we've been signing players like Hazard, Willian, Oscar etc.

The thing is we should have a more positive approach. We should always be looking and hunting for more goals. It's always great to see a side playing attractive football and the thing is in games against 'weaker' teams we should do that.

I understand and respect the need in some games to be conservative even Man City when they came to Stamford Bridge respected us and played Javi Garcia in the midfield. I understand there are some games WHERE YOU HAVE TO be a little bit cautious (like in the game at the Ethiad) but the thing is we seem to be building a negative mentality? I mean we won 8-0 against Villa last season which is something that seems pretty unlikely this season. One thing I would like to add though is that Liverpool even approached the game at the Ethiad with quite an attacking mentality (and were quite unfortunate to lose).

It's a good way to keep em all guessing,I guess.

If any other manager makes a similar comment instead of 'digging out' a reason to support it, people would be saying #ManagerOut

Why do people have this assumption that Mourinho is 100% perfect? I've even seen Man U fans criticise SAF.

Going back to the stadium expansion discussion, it is virtually impossible to expand Stamford Bridge and if we did it wouldn't be cost effective given the logistics behind it. The only chance we have is if we can put more pressure on the council during the elections or keep threatening to move away from the borough. New stadium is pretty much the only solution

This is where Mourinho must use his power to get the fools of CPO to help us move to a new stadium.

Those guys are holding the progress of the club. And as you see, Roman and the club want only the good for this club.

Mourinho back, giving him all the power. What the hell more they want?

This is where Mourinho must use his power to get the fools of CPO to help us move to a new stadium.

Those guys are holding the progress of the club. And as you see, Roman and the club want only the good for this club.

Mourinho back, giving him all the power. What the hell more they want?

What so they should have sold their shares back to the club when absolute zero transparency was shown by the club about when and where we would be moving? They could have sold their shares and we could now be playing in a new bowl stadium in Wormwood Scrubs for all they knew at the time. Perhaps if the club had said where we would have been moving and what the stadium would have been like, and stopped using suspicious tactics to do with buying shares in bulk for discounted prices etc. things would have been different.

What so they should have sold their shares back to the club when absolute zero transparency was shown by the club about when and where we would be moving? They could have sold their shares and we could now be playing in a new bowl stadium in Wormwood Scrubs for all they knew at the time. Perhaps if the club had said where we would have been moving and what the stadium would have been like, and stopped using suspicious tactics to do with buying shares in bulk for discounted prices etc. things would have been different.

Other then that has the club shown any sinister plan into taking the club backwards?

No all I see is plan to keep the club moving forward.

You make it sound like they have evil intentions which is something I don't see anywhere.

Today, Jose claimed Citeh could hit Chelsea for 5 or 6 goals in Monday´s title crunch.

Since we know Jose likes to play with the UK media but how does this drivel helps the players is beyond me.

Meanwhile, Cahill insists Chelsea can go to the Etihad & win - & have no intention of trying to shut up shop.