test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fulham Broadway

The Mourinho Thread

Started by Fulham Broadway,

37,970 posts in this topic

When people say they want Mourinho, what exactly do they expect him to do?

For the last few years this club has realised the importance of building something for the future, be it an academy that churns out talented youngsters or a new stadium or simply a profitable enterprise. Where has Jose ever shown he has done that?

What Jose is the best in the world at is winning right now. He'll come in for 3 years and get you a trophy. And then what? Are the pieces in place for the next guy? Does he even think about the next guy, or is simply about that moment of glory when HIS job is complete? I'm not criticising him for that - when clubs hire him, they want him to win now. But is that what's best for this club?

Plus there are the other issues of the baggage. Yes they've kissed and made up, but what happens when we hit that first blip? Anyone whose had a job or a relationship knows how easy it is to dredge up old shit and I doubt Roman and Jose are much different. Plus where is the upside for Jose? He's already a legend here and they say you should never go back. He's always been the guy looking for the next challenge, not the past glories. And do we even have the pieces that he needs for his team? We need rebuilding in the next 2-3 years in key areas. Do we have the money (and the willingness to spend it) to enable him to do what he does best?

Do people really want Jose Mourinho the manager, or do they want the Chelsea of 7 years ago, because there's no guarantee that in getting one you will get the other.

Exactly - careful what you wish for...

Past performance is NO indication for future success - I love Mourinho, but just cannot see him coming back... the Expectation is too great, the risk too high - he won't want that 'blot' on his perfect Managerial record... Hence why I think he is destined for Utd...

Mourinho's man management skills are the best in the world. He gets players believing that they are the best and that they will not be beaten. He creates happy changing rooms and he breeds confidence. I want Chelsea FC to be a happy place, it's not a happy place right now. The players are unhappy, the board is unhappy and the fans are completely pissed off. A Mourinho return would light up Stamford Bridge and everything that Chelsea FC is apart of. He's the best manager in the world who loves Chelsea. No idea why i'd want this guy back.

Mourinho's man management skills are the best in the world. He gets players believing that they are the best and that they will not be beaten. He creates happy changing rooms and he breeds confidence. I want Chelsea FC to be a happy place, it's not a happy place right now. The players are unhappy, the board is unhappy and the fans are completely pissed off. A Mourinho return would light up Stamford Bridge and everything that Chelsea FC is apart of. He's the best manager in the world who loves Chelsea. No idea why i'd want this guy back.

I'd argue exactly the same for Guardiola. We also have players who play in his style and it wouldn't be a case of us chasing the past, but looking to the future.

I wouldn't be upset if we got Jose, but of all the managers out there I'd say Guardiola is the best fit for us.

Well, i'm sure it's a toss up between the 2 when Rafa departs. I'd say you are probably right and i'd be more than happy to get Pep but then if Roman wants to see the exciting, free flowing attacking football... why Benitez? Benitez is similar to Mourinho as our battles with Liverpool in the past showed. Rafa is defence first then nick a 1-0 win.

I'd argue exactly the same for Guardiola. We also have players who play in his style and it wouldn't be a case of us chasing the past, but looking to the future.

I wouldn't be upset if we got Jose, but of all the managers out there I'd say Guardiola is the best fit for us.

so can i say the same?

careful what you wish for

im not suggesting jose thinking that we will become immortals or something but he brings joy and success which i totally forget how that feels.his chelsea wasnt very beautiful to watch but thats not the chelsea anymore we are having lot more technical players so who knows his stlye may be entirely different if he come back.

For the last few years this club has realised the importance of building something for the future, be it an academy that churns out talented youngsters or a new stadium or simply a profitable enterprise. Where has Jose ever shown he has done that?

What Jose is the best in the world at is winning right now. He'll come in for 3 years and get you a trophy. And then what? Are the pieces in place for the next guy? Does he even think about the next guy, or is simply about that moment of glory when HIS job is complete? I'm not criticising him for that - when clubs hire him, they want him to win now. But is that what's best for this club?

Plus there are the other issues of the baggage. Yes they've kissed and made up, but what happens when we hit that first blip? Anyone whose had a job or a relationship knows how easy it is to dredge up old shit and I doubt Roman and Jose are much different. Plus where is the upside for Jose? He's already a legend here and they say you should never go back. He's always been the guy looking for the next challenge, not the past glories. And do we even have the pieces that he needs for his team? We need rebuilding in the next 2-3 years in key areas. Do we have the money (and the willingness to spend it) to enable him to do what he does best?

Do people really want Jose Mourinho the manager, or do they want the Chelsea of 7 years ago, because there's no guarantee that in getting one you will get the other.

so what u saying is that a fergie junior will come up rebuild the key areas in 2-3 years will stay here for let say 10 years and promote a lot of young players from acadamy, play some sexy football, bring 3 trophies a year(last time i checked 2 wasnt enough)

ps: roman is the chelsea owner :blink:

surely it will put his legend status at risk if he come back but am sure he is man enough to take that risk.

I understand what you're saying. Jose is more suited to getting an underachieving group of top players over the line and making them winners. Our job is much bigger than that...unless we back him in the summer with 150m worth of ready-made talent and let him work his 'magic' for 3-4 years before he leaves again. The fact that the squad is so depleted could arguably be because they're waiting for Guardiola to come in and fill it up with players of his choosing. Why commit to having a full squad if Guardiola doesn't fancy a lot of the players?

I don't think we will go for Mourinho simply because the club seems fixated with Guardiola and tiki-taka football. Mourinho would represent a big shift from what they've been working towards for the last 2 or so years.

Well reading between the lines of last nights doc -it seems hes being readied as Fergusons replacement. Cant blame him who'd want to come here ? Guardiola will go to Man City at the end of the season , and we will have ...er Rednapp followed by Christian Gross, then Kean, then people from this forum

i will consider it :D

Fulham Broadway and Kisho like this

i will consider it :D

I'm starting a NEW CAMPAIGN!!!

nachikethas OUT!!!

nachikethas OUT!!!

nachikethas OUT!!!

He hasn't even won anything, we're playing really badly, NO PLAN B!!!

nachikethas OUT!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

nachikethas OUT!!!

nachikethas OUT!!!

nachikethas OUT!!!

nachikethas OUT!!!

You might get sacked by Roman!

nachikethas OUT!!!

nachikethas OUT!!!

nachikethas OUT!!!

nachikethas OUT!!!

WHY??

i didnt bench torres!!!

Well reading between the lines of last nights doc -it seems hes being readied as Fergusons replacement. Cant blame him who'd want to come here ? Guardiola will go to Man City at the end of the season , and we will have ...er Rednapp followed by Christian Gross, then Kean, then people from this forum

You say Guardiola will go to City at the end of the season - is that even if Mancini wins the title? And if Mancini wins the title, are you saying that Fergie will bow out with his last two seasons being second place finishes to his closest rivals?

There's way too much up in the air for anyone to be certain of what is going to happen. We've just got to hope that City beat United to the title.

I understand what you're saying. Jose is more suited to getting an underachieving group of top players over the line and making them winners. Our job is much bigger than that...unless we back him in the summer with 150m worth of ready-made talent and let him work his 'magic' for 3-4 years before he leaves again. The fact that the squad is so depleted could arguably be because they're waiting for Guardiola to come in and fill it up with players of his choosing. Why commit to having a full squad if Guardiola doesn't fancy a lot of the players?

I don't think we will go for Mourinho simply because the club seems fixated with Guardiola and tiki-taka football. Mourinho would represent a big shift from what they've been working towards for the last 2 or so years.

I personally reckon that Guardiola is smart enough to avoid a club like Chelsea. He'll need time to build a new system at Chelsea..but knowing Roman, he'll probably be shown the door like AvB or RDM.