The Mourinho Thread

Not the Premier League which is why Mourinho was fired... being 16th, and how can you say we was successful wining once with Carlo in 2009 without him, we've not even finished the UCL yet, he got us out of the groups. Europa is the pussy cup, the FA cup hasn't started and he's fired.... why? because we are almost relegated now is that a good thing or not... I believe not. Will we fall out of Europe and the Premier league, probably will...

Will we be back to our normal selves no not without Mourinho. City have had the same manager for 3 years and growing (previously Roberto Mancini 2009 - 2013), same as Arsenal (they have had theirs for years 1996–present), Who have we had for a long time? No-one.

I think our next manager will be here for 3 years and growing.

Not the interim one but the one we appoint after him.

For anyone outside England its really absurd hard to understand Mourinho's reputations as a football genius despite all evidences showing the opposite.

He's also considered a football genius in Portugal where he won the Champions league with Porto, beating clubs twice the size of his in the process. He's also considered a football genius in Italy, where he won the treble, which included knocking out Guardiola's Barcelona in the Champions league. He's also considered by many in Spain a football genius, having been the only manager so far to win the league against Messi's Barcelona, considered by most the strongest team in football history.

Please stop speaking nonsense.

Do I need to post the quote about what Mourinho said he would do he was sacked from Chelsea. And moral and ethics is hardly Mourinho best qualities.

I never mentioned Jose in relation to moral's and ethics so what you are banging on about is anyone's guess. And the quote about what he said he would do if sacked from Chelsea? Fire away, whatever gets you through the night.

He's also considered a football genius in Portugal where he won the Champions league with Porto, beating clubs twice the size of his in the process. He's also considered a football genius in Italy, where he won the treble, which included knocking out Guardiola's Barcelona in the Champions league. He's also considered by many in Spain a football genius, having been the only manager so far to win the league against Messi's Barcelona, considered by most the strongest team in football history.

Please stop speaking nonsense.

Simeone also won a title with Atletico a couple seasons ago.

They're the winners in this. Look at all that inside news, secret top sources and scoops they mustered up in international spy fashion.

They even got xPetrCechx working in overdrive.

Lmfao - his fingers a swollen, blistered mess and still posting twitter links :)

I have to say that I respect the endurance of the people still arguing about Mourinho as opposed to his sacking in this thread. If we can't even agree on whether he is one of the best managers in the world or a pretender who got lucky winning the CL twice no wonder this discussion is moving in circles.

Maybe 2 different post sacking threads would work better? One for the optimistic "our post 2012 project can continue" and one "we sacked our best manager ever, who are we as a club"?

I always thought he'd coach City before Utd. But maybe they want to continue in the style they've been playing.

Is City's football supposed to be anti-Mourinhoesque?

Haha ! hes like reuters news agency

I always suspected he was a bot. I mean, why else would someone care so much about the most random online drivel enough to both go looking for it and bringing it over to the board?

I have to say that I respect the endurance of the people still arguing about Mourinho as opposed to his sacking in this thread. If we can't even agree on whether he is one of the best managers in the world or a pretender who got lucky winning the CL twice no wonder this discussion is moving in circles.

Maybe 2 different post sacking threads would work better? One for the optimistic "our post 2012 project can continue" and one "we sacked our best manager ever, who are we as a club"?

I always suspected he was a bot. I mean, why else would someone care so much about the most random online drivel enough to both go looking for it and bringing it over to the board?

Their style is nothing like Mourinho's. So if that is the aim, then yeah.

lol... Bot....

Fabregas has been accused of being the #Chelsea rat who would rather have lost than won for Mourinho by club great Pat Nevin. [bBC]

Richardson: "As I mentioned six weeks ago, one player said I’d rather lose than win for Mourinho." - Nevin: "That was Fabregas right?" [bBC]

Nevin: "‘I thought it came out it was Cesc Fabregas. If it was, he’d been one of the strongest and it just shows in his game." [bBC]

Nevin: "#Chelsea wanted to change the system they had of changing managers every year or two. They wanted to try and build a dynasty." [bBC]

Nevin: "If you’re into ‘short-termism’ then I think it’s the right decision. ‘Longer- termism’, I think Mourinho is a great manager." [bBC]

Nevin: "You might find yourself somewhere longer down the line feeling you’ve made a mistake in sacking Mourinho." [bBC]