test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fulham Broadway

The Mourinho Thread

Started by Fulham Broadway,

11 hours ago, Adnane said:

Does it really have to be this way ? Is there only one way of winning ? The one including cheating and disrespecting everyone besides your team ? 

I for one don't think it should be that way, in the end, only the winners are remembered, but you know who are remembered more ? The "good" winners. 

Without going on ideology shocks here ( as once again, I don't believe there is only one way of winning ), but I'm pretty certain 2009 Barcelona are more remembered as treble champions than the 2010 Inter. Because they won in a great fashion, probably the greatest possible fashion, winning while cheating doesn't make you less of a winner, but winning brilliantly makes you a better winner.

Just my opinion ofc.

No youre right, theres more than one way of winning.

My point being with Jose and United its a marriage made in hell. Both have a win at any cost mentality.

Adnane likes this

39 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

No youre right, theres more than one way of winning.

My point being with Jose and United its a marriage made in hell. Both have a win at any cost mentality.

Sounds like our pre season last year eh And couln'd happen to a better team. Apart from them up in North London

http://www.footballfan.zone/blogs/frustration-for-jose-as-man-united-repeat-the-same-mistake-again/

Fulham Broadway likes this

Schweinsteiger situation is interesting, hasn't made the best impression at United. Spent most of his time in Germany than Manchester alone last year, while taking home a nice fat £200,000 a week paycheck. You can see why Mourinho's banishing him, it's August and he's not waiting around to get rid of people. 

That being said, LOOOOOL. That didn't take long. Mou's man management (or lack of) to kick in. A tactical genius, absolutely no doubt. But that ego is his blessing and curse, can work brilliance for certain players but can also come back to haunt. He's lucky Schweinsteiger isn't a United hero or anything because the backlash could have been worse. United fans seem to be accepting of it, give them a year or two..

17 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Bastian Schweinsteiger reportedly moved to the reserve dressing room and trained with the reserves…on his birthday.

What an asshole... At least don't do it on man's birthday - show some respect for fucks sake.

So happy to not have this toxic person at our club anymore.

Last Sicarius likes this

Schweinsteiger's treatment by Mourinho is simply classless, and after what happened at Real Madrid and then at Chelsea I can't say I'm even surprised anymore.

Mourinho is broken. He's nothing but a bitter man with zero respect for others, my eyes have been well and truly opened after the events of last season. If he's willing to do that to a player as universally respected as Schweinsteiger, he'll eventually do it for anyone who doesn't kiss his ass and that will once again lead to his destruction. As soon as things go sideways he'll start throwing his players and certain staff members under the bus and the situation will only go from bad to worse. Maybe with the huge investments in player recruiting at Man Utd that won't happen for some time and they may even win something, because when things go well Mourinho is a great manager, but even every great team will have bad moments and in those bad moments Mourinho's true nature will be revealed and his United squad will realize what kind of a person they're dealing with and by then it's already very hard to turn things around.

42 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

That being said, LOOOOOL. That didn't take long. Mou's man management (or lack of) to kick in. A tactical genius, absolutely no doubt. But that ego is his blessing and curse, can work brilliance for certain players but can also come back to haunt. He's lucky Schweinsteiger isn't a United hero or anything because the backlash could have been worse. United fans seem to be accepting of it, give them a year or two..

Not so sure about that anymore to be honest. Sometimes it feels like the players are just doing what he asks because they want to win things and it's great if the team is winning week in week out, season in season out. But the minute the team hits a bad period, then I think there's where you will see things unravel, like what we saw last year - we went from a unified title winning squad in 2014/15 to an absolute train-wreck of a squad in 2015/16. Others have mentioned this before - Mourinho looks like a manager who is stuck in the past and is unable to adapt and change according to how football has changed - be it in style of football, tactics, formations, managing players or other aspects - and not even after the countless of same mistakes he's made over the years. It's just like that old saying - those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Sure, Mourinho can still pull off tactical masterclass and win some trophies here and there but if you compare the last 6 years and the 6 years before that, you will notice that his trophy haul has dropped significantly, he's fallen out with more players and become more embroiled in controversies than ever before. But despite that, he still continues with the same style of management and if he doesn't see the error of his ways soon, he will highly likely get left behind and maybe even become irrelevant at the highest level in football.

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

But despite that, he still continues with the same style of management and if he doesn't see the error of his ways soon, he will highly likely get left behind and maybe even become irrelevant at the highest level in football.

I'd disagree because as you highlighted, tactically he's capable of pulling off league title wins. Short trophy formats he does dried up but Man Utd care more about the league right now anyway, hell it even worth more to clubs now :lol:. Not suggesting Champions League still isn't the epitome of football honours, because no doubt he'll be wanting to win that with an English team. As I said to many United fans, 3 years is all he'll last. Impossible more than 4, it's not his style. 

You know what's funny, we'd probably hire him back as well :lol: 

oldportblue likes this

A player who's been flying around the world and not keeping in shape, a player that is on high wages despite doing absolutely nothing, a player that had been told he's not needed anymore, but doesn't want to leave, wages and traveling the world with his bird are his end game. At the end, he had it coming. Mourinho is not beating around the bush, not all of his players are 'super, super', some of them aren't within his plans. Fair play letting them know and not wasting anyone's time. That's Ferguson esque and how did Chelsea handle Malouda again? Happens everythere, case closed for me. :)

Bir_CFC and stroey like this

he's an unbelievable manager and I have infinite respect for what he did for us but a part of me can't help but be happy he will be creating controversies and acting in a classless manner (at times) for our rivals and not us. Like others have said here, I can't, for the life of me, see him lasting more than 3 years there...

1 hour ago, LDN Blue said:

I'd disagree because as you highlighted, tactically he's capable of pulling off league title wins. Short trophy formats he does dried up but Man Utd care more about the league right now anyway, hell it even worth more to clubs now :lol:. Not suggesting Champions League still isn't the epitome of football honours, because no doubt he'll be wanting to win that with an English team. As I said to many United fans, 3 years is all he'll last. Impossible more than 4, it's not his style. 

You know what's funny, we'd probably hire him back as well :lol: 

To be fair, I never disregarded his ability to win trophies - be it league or cup competition. It's just that neither come as often as it used to be. He, arguably, has lost that mojo he had 5-6 years ago.

On 28/07/2016 at 9:19 PM, Special Juan said:

Sounds like he is having a fire sale:lol: Bastian is a goner and another 9/10 more.

But with the amount of players there it wont make a dent. Theyve got enough good players to feild a 3rd team good enough for half the PL - IMHO of course/

Thats what Conte should have done. We got alot of crap we could have sold off too for replacements.

We know damned well theyre going to be fighting at the top somewhere. We just need to make sure we are up there with them.

But I'll say it again. We wont have a chance in hell with our defence.

22 hours ago, Jason said:

To be fair, I never disregarded his ability to win trophies - be it league or cup competition. It's just that neither come as often as it used to be. He, arguably, has lost that mojo he had 5-6 years ago.

I'd argue he's always been like this but he should never inherit a young team and people have to stop believing in this long-term nonsense he's clearly not capable of :lol:. Like Guardiola, but at least Pep doesn't pretend, afaik he's always made it clear he's never wanted to stay anywhere more than 3 years. He signs rolling contracts ffs.

Fernando likes this

14 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

I'd argue he's always been like this but he should never inherit a young team and people have to stop believing in this long-term nonsense he's clearly not capable of :lol:. Like Guardiola, but at least Pep doesn't pretend, afaik he's always made it clear he's never wanted to stay anywhere more than 3 years. He signs rolling contracts ffs.

Tbh I think that is actually Jose's intention to settle long term but he doesn't have the patience or characteristics for it.

After his grand tour around Europe's big leagues it was perfectly set up for him to come back and build a true legacy and I do believe that's what he wanted, but ultimedly he couldn't make the nessesery adjustments to his management style to pull it off.

Unionjack and Fernando like this