The Mourinho Thread

to have players like hazard, willian, pedro and not play attacking football is not an option. with such players, you HAVE to play attacking football.

as for certificates, and proven success, they mean NOTHING, when you cant put in a team on merit. when you have no MERITOCRACY in your squad, this is the least that will happen.

i feel we can get a 100% right decision because all of us on here want whats best for chelsea. and that is simply NOT JOSE.

The midfield isn't up for it, neither is the defense, imo.

Since the season has started, the defense is a bit higher up the pitch, didn't work out so well.

Willian is playing great stuff, but his style of play often slows us down, Hazard is a similar case.

Pedro is a luxury player, meaning, he needs the passes, but no one is able to send him on his way.

Yes, we can't buy 3 three points only because of his achievements made in the past, that's true.

Do we really have no performance-orientated society in the squad?

Why did he drop some players in the recent months?

I can agree that we could use more players, but some competition is there.

Yes, i think you will come out swinging and point the finger at Ivanovic.

Would Zouma been the better choice? Baba wasn't match fit, at least Mourinho said that, can't find out, but i believe him.

We need to take a look at the bigger picture; some players are important, not just because the way they are currently playing, but rather they offer different things to the team. They help others out and have great character within the team.

Why do you think Van Gaal doesn't drop Rooney? Because there is more than some performances,

Neville didn't mention it in his analyses, it's always been about tactic and mistakes,

we'll see how he handles the situation in Sevilla.

Personally speaking, i would have dropped Ivanovic a bit earlier, but Mourinho knows his stuff, imo.

Everyone wants the best for the club and team, sometimes disagreements have to happen in the family.

Once again there is a rift between the fans, at least in the stadium it's not that hostile.

Your just a Mourinho apologist mate I can't take anything you post seriously. Take your head out of the sand and have a good look at our predicament. We are in real danger of being dragged into a relegation battle and there's only one person to blame for that. When you start a game with no recognised forward against fucking Bournemouth at home then you reap what you sow.

Playing the same out of form players week after week and not changing it just smacks of incompetence. Special one? don't make me laugh he's about as special as a week old K.F.C. bucket

Mourinho is part of the Chelsea family, so yes, i'm backing him till the end. Especially when there are just insults and no reasoning!

But that doesn't mean that i agree with every decisions he made, but almost every coach in the recent years made bad judgement calls, one can find reasons to kick it up their ass. Very easy and populist, don't like it, not constructive and clearly not helping the course.

Working on the relationship and figuring out, why he does this or this, not looking for the easy way out and filing for divorce as most people do these days.

We're rock bottom and it seems it's getting worse and worse every week; i'm not speaking of the style of play,

the results are the problem because we have clear chances but decide not to score.

I knew we were in trouble when i saw Murray, good poacher, very very bad for Chelsea.

No matter what Mourinho tries, there are always things which aren't good enough.

Benching Costa?

Whining about the replacement!

Playing Baba?

Whining about Ivanovic.

Benching Oscar early?

Whining about Costa and concentrating on why no Remy?

Before that, he benched Hazard, Matic, Fabregas and others, so i disagree with your assessment.

Mourinho is losing more and more games, but i think he doesn't like it one bit and is desperately looking for a solution.

At the moment, is he clueless?

Maybe yes, but his reputation is on the line and i'm confident that we'll grind out enough results to survive in the end.

I know there will be big, very big disagreements but i think in the long-term we'll turn it around and then,

something special has been build.

Hate as much as you want on Wenger, but he is an Arsenal man through and through, i really want to have that at Chelsea, someone stable and big enough to survive in the long run. Someone who likes it around here!

Only Mourinho is allowed to make the big calls.

Scolari wanted Drogba gone? One quick talk from Didier with Abra, gone!

Avb trusted Lukaku instead of Drogba against United, furthermore no mate with Lampard? Gone!

Benitez thought Terry's legs were gone? It didn't take long, gone.

Personally i think if Mourinho is getting the sack, we will go back to the good ol' days, meaning,

zero stability and more and more moaning.

That’s just my two cents worth. :ph34r:

The match against Porto is surely going to be make-or-break for Mourinho after this; I'm not sure that he will be able to keep his job if we drop out of the CL at the group stage as well. Weirdly, though, I actually agree with those who think that entry into the EL might be the only way to prevent this awful season from having an unwelcome knock-on effect on our next season; if we win the EL, we are right back in next season's CL (and with a trophy to boot).

Having said that, if we continue to play like this during the second half of the season, we can forget about winning any trophies whatsoever (apart from the obvious ones that the media and rival supporters will be all too willing to dish out at the end of the season :P:doh:).

I guess Emery would be an interesting choice but despite the Europa League success he's enjoyed, his defensive set-up leaves a lot to be desired IMO. And that's not good enough for the highest level. I know it's only one example but I think the goal De Bruyne scored against Sevilla in the last minute in the game at the Etihad sums it up well. A positive approach by Sevilla in trying to find the winner, you could argue, but I'd say it was incredibly amateur and naive. The less said about the game at the Sanchez-Pizjuan between the two sides, the better. Of course it's hard to criticise Emery given that he coaches attacking football and is afforded a very limited budget but for me, at least, it's clear that there are better alternatives if/when Mourinho leaves.

For the time being, Mourinho needs to guarantee we stay in Europe, whether it is Champions League or Europa until February. Then hopefully in January, we are able to spend big, we need 2-3 great players come January. Then hopefully our squad is well enough to win Europa/CL from February onwards. Hopefully we can win the FA cup as well.

we are already guaranteed football in Europe come February

If a high profile manager such as Ancellotti comes in and the remit is to win trophies and be in CL at earliest possibility, then we will be worse off with regards to fringe players and youth coming through.

A new manager with that remit will just want to buy instant successs and although Mourinho doesnt promote many players through the ranks, it could be worse

Hazard has 0 goals in 20 odd matches. He's been worse than Oscar this season. Couldn't it be the same tactics that are killing Hazard are also affecting the other players? People bring up Mata, De Bruyne but they were just as shit under Mourinho as derided players like Salah and Lukaku who are succeeding elsewhere.

Even the much praised Willian hasn't been that great this season outside set pieces. Mourinho hasn't developed a single non defender since his arrival here.

I get you love Oscar but can you just accept that we can do much better than him. What has he actually offered us this season and for majority of last season? Medicore displays. Today just took it to another level. There is a reason Oscar got subbed off at H/T. Not just because he was poor but I think Mourinho realised himslef that Oscar was not actually going to do anything in attack.

Hazard's goal return has been poor this season and he has been poor but he has been a lot better than Oscar. Hazard was our best player against Arsebal, Stoke, Norwich and changed the game second half against Newcastle. West Brom was very good too. Oscar had one good game against Swansea and put in a good defensive performance against Arsenal. That is about it.

Yeah, Moruinho does fuck up our attacking players but Oscar has not shown signs of his 'potential' for a long while now and I am sick of it.

Sigh, I don't even know what to think anymore.

The board didn't do us any favours by essentially standing pat in the summer, however it's not a reason to be *this* bad. This is beyond the pale and I just don't know what to think anymore.

If Jose doesn't go, I hope we break the winter transfer record and get some real help in for this squad.

Guys,don't panic,that's all part of Jose's plan.The thing is...he has achieved almost everything in the PL and now it's time to prove himself in an even harder and more competitive scene - the Championship.In the meantime, he is gonna bless us with the glory of being the first back-to-back CL winners.Then he retires at 54 as the gretest of all time.An amazing master-plan ,don't you think?

Nah,who am i kidding - sack him now!!!

I guess Emery would be an interesting choice but despite the Europa League success he's enjoyed, his defensive set-up leaves a lot to be desired IMO. And that's not good enough for the highest level. I know it's only one example but I think the goal De Bruyne scored against Sevilla in the last minute in the game at the Etihad sums it up well. A positive approach by Sevilla in trying to find the winner, you could argue, but I'd say it was incredibly amateur and naive. The less said about the game at the Sanchez-Pizjuan between the two sides, the better. Of course it's hard to criticise Emery given that he coaches attacking football and is afforded a very limited budget but for me, at least, it's clear that there are better alternatives.

No doubt I see those same errors too. I came away with the same thoughts after their away match at the Etihad, but like i mentioned earlier, all managers have their faults.

Pellegrino only coaches one side of the ball, and is incredibly naive when it comes to approaching European matches.

There aren't many managers who are pragmatic across Europe, or even at the other top clubs. Carlo, Pellers, Wenger, Pep, Luis Garcia, all die with their philosophy till the bitter end, and hope their players are better than yours on that given day and que sera sera. I'm personally not a fan of that approach, but a shift in ideology is definitely needed at Chelsea. And if it means witnessing more 3-3 draws, and 3-2 losses, than we are accustomed to witnessing as Chelsea fans, so be it. Too much attacking talent, is being wasted right now. A lot of our players technical ability is regressing. We need to give the expansive approach a proper go, (AVB's try was sabotaged and doesn't really count imo). A style of football that plays to the strengths of Hazard/Cesc and our tremendous talent in the youth ranks is needed.

Hiring a Sampaoli/Simeone type is not too different from the JM school of football. Obviously they have been more successful than the latter in recent years, and have been very effective in properly implementing their style, but the pragmatism is still very much there. And tbh, we will continue to be poor defensively until we properly revamp our defense. Azpi and Zouma are the only players capable of winning 1v1 duels on a consistent basis, which is needed for all great defenses. JT/Ivan/Cahill just do not cut it. That's the way I see it.

Who would be you ideal choice to succeed JM?

Man...

That moment when you called it and hoped you'd never be proven correct.

Yes, I have slated Mourinho and logically (to me) along with others (you know who you are :)) analysed and pinpointed all of the weaknesses.

But seeing it unfold is just more horrible and painful than I care to experience

I think he has to go before Xmas, give another manager a Jan window (maybe to call back some players out on loan)

We could conceivably fail to finish in the top half of the league.

Just abysmal.

No doubt I see those same errors too. I came away with the same thoughts after their away match at the Etihad, but like i mentioned earlier, all managers have their faults.

Pellegrino only coaches one side of the ball, and is incredibly naive when it comes to approaching European matches.

There aren't many managers who are pragmatic across Europe, or even at the other top clubs. Carlo, Pellers, Wenger, Pep, Luis Garcia, all die with their philosophy till the bitter end, and hope their players are better than yours on that given day and que sera sera. I'm personally not a fan of that approach, but a shift in ideology is definitely needed at Chelsea. And if it means witnessing more 3-3 draws, and 3-2 losses, than we are accustomed to witnessing as Chelsea fans, so be it. Too much attacking talent, is being wasted right now. A lot of our players technical ability is regressing. We need to give the expansive approach a proper go, (AVB's try was sabotaged and doesn't really count imo). A style of football that plays to the strengths of Hazard/Cesc and our tremendous talent in the youth ranks is needed.

Hiring a Sampaoli/Simeone type is not too different from the JM school of football. Obviously they have been more successful than the latter in recent years, and have been very effective in properly implementing their style, but the pragmatism is still very much there. And tbh, we will continue to be poor defensively until we properly revamp our defense. Azpi and Zouma are the only players capable of winning 1v1 duels on a consistent basis, which is needed for all great defenses. JT/Ivan/Cahill just do not cut it. That's the way I see it.

Who would be you ideal choice to succeed JM?

yeah: wasting attacking talent. the talent we didn't really have when Drogba was still young enough.

The lineup today with a better RB, another CB, a different CM WITH a different manager WOULD DO WELL RIGHT NOW --but, Costa is questionable until we see him under a different manager. I still think he's weak and a terrible liability for his behavior though.

dunno who the manager should be. I've been watching less and less football in the past few years. My thought is take someone the age of Bournemouth's manager (the AVB age).

The midfield isn't up for it, neither is the defense, imo.

Since the season has started, the defense is a bit higher up the pitch, didn't work out so well.

Willian is playing great stuff, but his style of play often slows us down, Hazard is a similar case.

Pedro is a luxury player, meaning, he needs the passes, but no one is able to send him on his way.

Yes, we can't buy 3 three points only because of his achievements made in the past, that's true.

Do we really have no performance-orientated society in the squad?

Why did he drop some players in the recent months?

I can agree that we could use more players, but some competition is there.

Yes, i think you will come out swinging and point the finger at Ivanovic.

Would Zouma been the better choice? Baba wasn't match fit, at least Mourinho said that, can't find out, but i believe him.

We need to take a look at the bigger picture; some players are important, not just because the way they are currently playing, but rather they offer different things to the team. They help others out and have great character within the team.

Why do you think Van Gaal doesn't drop Rooney? Because there is more than some performances,

Neville didn't mention it in his analyses, it's always been about tactic and mistakes,

we'll see how he handles the situation in Sevilla.

Personally speaking, i would have dropped Ivanovic a bit earlier, but Mourinho knows his stuff, imo.

Everyone wants the best for the club and team, sometimes disagreements have to happen in the family.

Once again there is a rift between the fans, at least in the stadium it's not that hostile.

midfield is not upto it cos we have 2 players playing who cant pass the ball, defence has been exposed and attack is non-existent. so what exactly is jose doing? its been 3 months. 3 months of relegation form.

sorry, but these are nothing but excuses. and bad ones at that.

how can baba be match fit when we dont give him the time. also, i remember that baba played on the weekend that we lost to city. hardly an excuse.

and seriously, trying to defend one wrong with another wrong. why does not LVG drop rooney. well, because he earns 300kpw. no other reason.

does jose know his stuff? what was the master stroke behind plaing cesc, oscar and iva AGAIN. is azpi now match unfit? that he just dropped our best defender.

also, please tell me what cesc brings to the team or oscar or iva. where is the promise that if we keep losing he will play the kids. where is the promise that RLC is ready and would get starts. all bloody words with nothing to back up from jose.

i normally really like your posts, and i still respect your opinion. but from the team selection, to the tactics to everything has been absolutely shit. you need to stop defending the indefensible.

in a family, the head of the family should not show undue favouritism to some people. he should make some family members sleep out in the cold (RLC, remy, azpi) while having some of the worst behaved members take all the money and do whatever they like with it.