The Mourinho Thread

It's funny how a lot of people are saying "why did Mourinho sell Mata, KDB ect." when back when we parked the bus every week, people were fine with it. Not to say I'm super cool for having known it was the wrong move back then, but seriously, we've sold way too many very, very good attacking players recently. Not to mention the likes of Bertrand.

It is acceptable as long as we keep on winning which many including myself thought he would be able to maintain once he got the whole club under his control but clearly that is not the case. After all isn't the main purposes of having good attacking players are to win games for us but if we did then having them or not isn't really an issue.

Now though we can really see the damage being done by Mourinho and why he is the best short term manager in football history, he wins things in cycles(3 years at best) then he cannot maintain it after this period, what we also didn't know is the free falling capablity he has. Basically he traded Chelsea's future for 2 trophies.

The amount of restraint the board has shown is actually quite remarkable. Other managers have performed far better and have been sacked for less

The amount of restraint the board has shown is indeed remarkable, maybe new stability for a change??? who knows? not sacking managers left or right at the first sign of a crisis, i´m just as angry as anyone at the current state of things and i want things to get better, but one of the club´s problems these past years has been the lack of stability with managers and i would like that to change soon. What´s Wenger´s excuse at Arsenal for not beeing sacked yet ? the board keeps backing him, but what has he shown ? i do remember Ferguson facing relegation with United at some point many years ago and he was bound to get sacked, but they kept him and they didn´t regret it:

http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/206230.html

Look, like i said before, a team that won the league last season simply doesn´t turn to sh*t overnight, there is a clear sign of low confidence right now, but i can´t deny the many crucial decisions that have been going against us this season, that could make a difference in the team´s momentum and morale, who knows? of course that doesn´t hide the fact that the team has been very poor, but for once i would like to give the manager a chance to really turn things around, i´m willing to give him that vote of confidence. I´m giving Mou the benefit of the doubt because today he wasn´t in the technical area to exert his influence on the players and that is a big factor, either way the players had no excuse to fail on the pitch even with Mou out of this game, so what changed after the Kiev game? I know playing at Stoke is always difficult and today the team was unlucky not to get at least a draw, it´s just one of the many things that can happen when things aren´t going your way, the blame must be shared by players and manager. You and others can slag me off all you want, but it´s my opinion and there are many who share my view, but stability at this club would be a great start, we´ll see what happens. Cheers

I'm Mourinho's biggest ass licker here.

Not saying I WANT him out, but I have to admit that (assuming we appoint the right replacement) I wouldn't explode in anger if he went now.

This may sound outrageous and hilarious at the same time, but I would seriously consider Brentan if we can't get Carlo back and think Pep is impossible. Knows how to train and coach attractive, attacking football and did so without the ability to attract super star talent. He'd have a much better squad of players here and would be able to buy anyone he wants assuming the owner backs him.

I kind of think he'd do very well here.

His problem is that he can't coached organised defense. The reverse of Mourinho, basically.

I'm sitting here laughing at those who are waiting for Mourinho to be sacked :lol:

Gonna be a long international break for you guys :lol:

Played good, bad luck, we have been way better since the last international break and the luck uncertainty will surely be reduced at some point in the next weeks, onto the next one, enjoy 15 days outside compétitive football/pressure and move on ;)

Steadily "stablizing" in 15th place. :lol: I'll sort of understand the stability argument.

(i) If Mourinho had ever shown anything resembling in his 15 year career and if he didn't behave like a complete fucktard and bring his host club to disrepute when things don't go his way.

(ii) If we weren't 15th (!!) with a 1/3 of the season gone. If we were like say 6th, 7th or even 8th, few would be calling for him to be sacked. Bad season, okay. Scrap it up and start again next season. But 15th is historic in the Abramovich era and very very poor in ANY CFC era really. We're so bad, it defies all logic.

I'm sitting here laughing at those who are waiting for Mourinho to be sacked :lol:

Played good, bad luck, we have been way better since the last international break and the luck uncertainty will surely be reduced at some point in the next weeks, onto the next one, enjoy 15 days outside compétitive football/pressure and move on ;)

Please put in the same amount of support for our next manager as your mortal God Mourinho. Then we would see your true Chelsea supporting side instead of being seeen as a Mourinho worshipper.

The amount of restraint the board has shown is indeed remarkable, maybe new stability for a change??? who knows? not sacking managers left or right at the first sign of a crisis, i´m just as angry as anyone at the current state of things and i want things to get better, but one of the club´s problems these past years has been the lack of stability with managers and i would like that to change soon. What´s Wenger´s excuse at Arsenal for not beeing sacked yet ? the board keeps backing him, but what has he shown ? i do remember Ferguson facing relegation with United at some point many years ago and he was bound to get sacked, but they kept him and they didn´t regret it:

http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/206230.html

Look, like i said before, a team that won the league last season simply doesn´t turn to sh*t overnight, there is a clear sign of low confidence right now, but i can´t deny the many crucial decisions that have been going against us this season, that could make a difference in the team´s momentum and morale, who knows? of course that doesn´t hide the fact that the team has been very poor, but for once i would like to give the manager a chance to really turn things around, i´m willing to give him that vote of confidence. I´m giving Mou the benefit of the doubt because today he wasn´t in the technical area to exert his influence on the players and that is a big factor, either way the players had no excuse to fail on the pitch even with Mou out of this game, so what changed after the Kiev game? I know playing at Stoke is always difficult and today the team was unlucky not to get at leat a draw, it´s just one of the many things that can happen when things aren´t going your way, the blame must be shared by players and manager. You and others can slag me off all you want, but it´s my opinion and there are many who share my view, but stability at this club would be a great start, we´ll see what happens. Cheers

Please don't take this the wrong way

But the difference with Arsenal etc - they are not 16th 3 points from relegation

Yes they are shit and have won fuck all with talented teams, but they haven't imploded either - they've just bobbed around at the top, missing out

We are 16th - I cannot stress enough how serious this is now. We are 3 points from relegation

Blackburn was the last team to win and then dissappear - although it took longer than one season.

We are right now relegation candidates - please believe me when I say how hard it is to admit that, But our form suggests it. :(

I think the Board have little choice :(

I'm sitting here laughing at those who are waiting for Mourinho to be sacked [emoji38]

Gonna be a long international break for you guys [emoji38]

It seems like you are enjoying this.....very odd. Do you also think that this has to do with luck?

It seems like you are enjoying this.....very odd. Do you also think that this has to do with luck?

As long as his favorite person is still at the club he is happy no matter what happens to Chelsea FC, like the majority of other fans really.

His problem is that he can't coached organised defense. The reverse of Mourinho, basically.

Should hire him as our assistant manager then. Tell him to go to the tactical area when we have the ball and switch with Jose when we don't have the ball.

There, problem solved :D

No one in the PL can. Chelsea has been the only top flight team in recent years that have won because of our defense.

Arsenal, City, his Liverpool team that one year...none can defend. Great attacking play can mask many problems.

C'mon you are better than this post suggests.

Luck is nothing to do with it - we cannot create chances from open play

The team do not know how to attack and defend together as a unit

I think the problems run deeper than 'luck' :(